Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is your fantasy football draft strategy?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,087

What is your fantasy football draft strategy?

Aug 14, 2017, 3:37 PM

I've always tried to use my first 2 picks for rbs and then qb, wrs, te, defensive players and kickers. Up until the last 2 seasons, this has worked out well for me. However, the last 2 years a lot more folks are picking qbs and wrs in the first round. I'm considering doing bpa this year and seeing how it goes. Does anyone else have a method to their madness of picking players?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is your fantasy football draft strategy?

Aug 14, 2017, 3:38 PM

RB, WR, QB in that order

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh boy

Aug 14, 2017, 3:52 PM

2nd round has to be a kicker or you're doing it wrong.

Re: What is your fantasy football draft strategy?

Aug 14, 2017, 4:19 PM

What's your league make up? Standard scoring, or PPR? How many people are in the league?
I'm in a PPR league and try to have 2 WR's and RB's in the first three rounds.
I am very good at waiting way too late to draft QB's [2 years ago I got my first stringer QB in the 10th round, Andy Dalton balled out that year]).
I think the best chunk is to play against your competition during the draft, meaning that in my league, everyone follows the leader. By saying this, I mean that at points in the draft, once one person drafts a QB, so many people follow and get QB's way too early (imo [and the same applies for DEF, TE, basically non WR/RB positions). If it's a league that you are in, use your noggin'. For instance, I was able to draft Victor Cruz last year (because someone in our league was a huge Giants fan) and was able to pull of a CLUTCH trade for Theo Riddick preseason. I love my Clemson players in the NFL, don't get me wrong, but being in a league with 5 other Clemson fans usually means someone gets burned reaching too high.

*Should add that I'm in a 12 person league, where you have to get good or lucky with analyzing/blindly picking sleepers. Also, I had Tom Brady in the fifth round last year, which broke my "Never draft a QB before the 8th round rule," but I won the whole league last year... So take it FWIW.

Message was edited by: TigerLife492®

I think the leagues that I play in are all standard.

Aug 14, 2017, 6:34 PM

They all have 12 participants.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't....***

Aug 14, 2017, 6:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,087
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic