Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Check out this video of Sarah Fuller kicking in practice.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 1

Check out this video of Sarah Fuller kicking in practice.

Jan 29, 2021, 9:34 AM

https://dailycaller.com/2021/01/28/video-reportedly-shows-sarah-fuller-being-awful-at-kicking-in-practice/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Check out this video of Sarah Fuller kicking in practice.

Jan 29, 2021, 9:38 AM

We all know the most important qualification these days is virtue signaling.

Actual ability is optional.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed.***

Jan 29, 2021, 10:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

She was being used as a publicity stunt, and by all accounts

was ok with it. I can't, and don't, judge her for her decision. I do find it comical how much it upsets some people, though. It's not like she was taking someone's job. They only did it because they had flat run out of kickers due to injuries or other circumstances.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would've preferred that Vanderbilt be honest and say

Jan 29, 2021, 10:18 AM

that they thought it would be cool to have the first power 5 female kicker, and leave it at that.

Trying to defend her pathetic kickoff, and prop her up as this great kicker who is a champion for women's abilities, is just a joke.

Breaking the glass ceiling is all about women accomplishing new things on their own, as a result of their skills, and it's a great thing. This wasn't that.

Re: I would've preferred that Vanderbilt be honest and say

Jan 29, 2021, 12:43 PM

Ummm, it was exactly this.

1) Breaking the glass ceiling is all about women accomplishing new things on their own. As a result of their skills, and it's a great thing - Shes the goal keeper on one of the best women's soccer team in America. She's the one up at 5am training. She's the one sacrificing her life to be an elite athlete. She's the one that was called when an opportunity arose.

2) This wasn't that - IT IS EXACTLY THIS.

People accomplishing something for the first time are rarely great in their debuts.

Tom Brady - First pass hit the player in the face incomplete
Mike Trout - Flied out on his first MLB at bat
Michael Jordan - Bricked his first shot
etc

Y'all just give it up. Is she the best kicker of all time? Not in any way shape or form and she will say that too. But even the greats struggle in the beginning. She had a weeks notice - not 15+ years of training.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL wut?

Jan 29, 2021, 1:20 PM

Her soccer accomplishments, and her dedication to that sport, have absolutely nothing to do with this conversation.

She didn't accomplish anything in football based on her own merit. She didn't earn a spot on the team, nor did her prior history suggest that she would be a bona fide power 5 football kicker. She got the role because she's a woman, and that's stupid.

For this stunt to be taken seriously, and truly be about women accomplishing things than men can, then she should've been held to the same standard a male kicker would be. She hasn't been held to that standard, and that's doing nothing to truly advance the perception of women in our society.

Re: She was being used as a publicity stunt, and by all accounts

Jan 29, 2021, 10:19 AM [ in reply to She was being used as a publicity stunt, and by all accounts ]

Nonsense!!! It was a revolutionary social undertaking. Sarah should be a finalist for the Groza Award.

I'm surprised she didn't get a Heisman vote or two.***

Jan 29, 2021, 10:24 AM

It's less about her and Vandy, and more about the gushing

Jan 29, 2021, 12:49 PM [ in reply to She was being used as a publicity stunt, and by all accounts ]

from all the morons on TV about how historic it was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: She was being used as a publicity stunt, and by all accounts

Jan 29, 2021, 1:35 PM [ in reply to She was being used as a publicity stunt, and by all accounts ]

Come on......we’re talking Vanderbilt here. If they were out of kickers, should have gone for it on 4th downs or punt. On extra points, go for two.

Re: shattering glass ceilings........

and backbones of longsnappers

LOL! That's great!***

Jan 29, 2021, 10:18 AM

Re: shattering glass ceilings........

Jan 29, 2021, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: shattering glass ceilings........ ]

Didn't she kick for the Duluth Bulldogs in Leatherheads?

Would have had a heck of a penalty kick...

Jan 29, 2021, 9:43 AM

20 years of keeping the ball low and not kicking over the bar is difficult to over come.

And anyone who says it'd have been right at the keeper...the keeper would be a girl...not like she would catch it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She's a goal keeper...

Jan 29, 2021, 9:51 AM

so she's used to (or at least she should be used to) taking goal kicks.

That said, I'll be the first to admit, there is a big difference in kicking a football compared to kicking a soccer ball.

The sweet spot on a football is much smaller so the room for error is far less.

You can mishit a soccer ball, and the ball will still go a long way. However, if you mishit a football, the result is going to look a lot uglier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Were you on the soccer team at Clemson ?***

Jan 29, 2021, 11:18 AM

Yes...I was...

Jan 29, 2021, 11:57 AM

I played from 81 to 85 and I worked for Ibrahim as a grad assistant in 86 and 87.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

So cool!***

Jan 29, 2021, 12:07 PM

i was a ball boy for some of your home games LOL***

Jan 29, 2021, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Yes...I was... ]

I was there for the national championship in ‘87

Jan 29, 2021, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Yes...I was... ]

San Diego State, right? That was a cold day and I was sick as a dog. I had been to a lot of soccer games because my brother played in high school. We went to several games when when they played in the lot behind the north stands. That game against SDSU in ‘87 was the only time that I ever saw the soccer fans cheer like people normally do at football games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes...I was...

Jan 29, 2021, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Yes...I was... ]

Didn't coach Ford recruit kickers from the men's soccer team. I would name them, but my spelling is not what it used to be.

He did. Obed Ariri and Donald Igwebuike were both soccer

Jan 29, 2021, 1:35 PM

players. David Treadwell also had a soccer background but don't think he ever played soccer at Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Cool! Did you play?***

Jan 29, 2021, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Yes...I was... ]

Wait so you were on TWO national championship teams?***

Jan 30, 2021, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Yes...I was... ]

That snapper probably deserved it!

Jan 29, 2021, 9:48 AM

He probably said mean things in practice to her like “Momma Mia 2 was not a good sequel” or “you might need to put more trajectory into your kicks.”

Total male chauvinist pig!!!

~JKB

Yes, that's it. She was responding to toxic masculinity.

Jan 29, 2021, 10:19 AM

;)

Jan 29, 2021, 9:56 AM

Gosh. Amazing. So somebody who had never kicked field goals before was awful at it. Who woulda thunk it.

Now let's see what happens if you give a gal with a big leg some time to practice. Let's see what, say, Carli Lloyd can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_wSHYieHTg

Jan 29, 2021, 10:05 AM

as long as she can get a running start like she's doing a kickoff, she'll be fine. i mean, look at most college kickers.. they'll put it through the endzone on kickoff.. that's like 70-75 yards.. but, do you think they could make 70-75 yd fg? nope. notta chance... so, if c. loyd can kick a 55 yd fg w/ a kickoff running start.. great.. but, what can she do w/ a 2 step fg? probably 35-40 at best..

Jan 29, 2021, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Check out this video of Sarah Fuller kicking in practice. ]

There are kickers in middle school that can make that kick with that many steps. I want to see her do it with 2.5 like they do in football.

You want the same rules for girls?!?

Jan 29, 2021, 10:24 AM

Don't be a chauvinist. Your toxic masculinity is offensive. People are going to need a safe space and an adult coloring book to properly handle their rage and anger.

;)

That's exactly the point.

Jan 29, 2021, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Check out this video of Sarah Fuller kicking in practice. ]

She had never kicked field goals before, so she had no business kicking for a power 5 team.

The video in the link appears to be from 12/6, so she had been practicing for weeks. Your rationalization here isn't logical.

She more than served her purpose. Here we are, on a

Jan 29, 2021, 11:08 AM

CLEMSON football message board, discussing something about VANDERBILT's football program, nearly a month after the season ended for them. When did THAT ever happen on here before? :)

What in the world? Carly Lloyd is one of the world’s best

Jan 29, 2021, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Check out this video of Sarah Fuller kicking in practice. ]

soccer players and has been playing the sport at the top level of international competition for well over a decade. She just kicked the heck out of a football with a running start, no pads and no rush. How is this even remotely a commentary on the Vandy kicker?

I don’t know that anyone is saying that a female will never earn a spot as a kicker on a D1 football team...or a starting center for all we care. Many people are just tired of the nonsense. As someone said, this girl was the first one to kick for a power five team. Good for her. Nice line on the resume. I’m sure Dancing with the Stars will be calling. But she’s not good at it and that’s fairly obvious. I am confident that if Vandy held open tryouts, some guy who kicked in high school could have walked on and done better. But that’s not what they wanted. They wanted the PR stunt. And fine...just stop acting like it was anything else.

null

Re: What in the world? Carly Lloyd is one of the world’s best

Jan 29, 2021, 12:14 PM

It isn't. But the idea that a chick can't ever be a D1 kicker is ridiculous, and I have no idea why it's so threatening for so many folks. Sure there's absolutely some that could. When I got my national D-license back in the day for soccer coaching I there were a lot of former college and minor league pro folks getting their licenses as well so they could make money coaching club. I made the mistake one drill of putting myself at keeper for this one drill and spent the next ten minutes getting absolutely shelled from 30 yards out by this blonde Amazon-looking All-American center-back from South Carolina; she had a stronger leg than this guy who had played in the D2 Colombian pro league who was taking shots right next to her. I literally couldn't get near any of the rockets she was sending in; she flat humiliated me. And I thought I was pretty good; I played Select back in the day and played men's league off-and-on well into my 30's.

Guys have, on average, about 2.5 times the upper-body strength of a girl. Pound for pound, it's about even from the lower body down.

Sure, outside of kicker the odds are slim to none you're even going to see many (if any) girls make the jump to D1, but at kicker? Sure. I've seen plenty of female soccer players who can kick to the moon, so why not?

Jan 29, 2021, 2:23 PM

Literally everything you just said is totally irrelevant to what everyone is saying. Not one person has said girls have no ability to kick a football.

Jan 29, 2021, 12:16 PM [ in reply to What in the world? Carly Lloyd is one of the world’s best ]

She stunk...but a libbie hero. Makes sense***

Jan 29, 2021, 10:13 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Constantly amazed at how b utthurt some folks are

Jan 29, 2021, 10:16 AM

by her accomplishments. She made an extra point in a game. Could you do this?

What are you all afraid of?

I have a female D1 athlete as a daughter and she could probably kick most of your arses.

Who is butthurt?

Jan 29, 2021, 10:26 AM

She's not a good football kicker, and wouldn't have been kicking for Vanderbilt's football team if she weren't a woman.

The video is evidence of that.

You are. HTH.***

Jan 29, 2021, 10:31 AM

Nope, I just think it's incredibly stupid.

Jan 29, 2021, 10:34 AM

HTH

I agree.

Jan 29, 2021, 10:39 AM

Standing on a hill of disparaging that kid. Incredibly stupid. And insecure.

Look how butthurt the snowflake libtards get when

Jan 29, 2021, 11:45 AM [ in reply to You are. HTH.*** ]

you say the truth about one of their fake social justice icons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Couldn't stand the heat in P&R so now you're

Jan 29, 2021, 2:13 PM

pontificating over here where 85% of the board is 60+ year old conservative white men

Very brave of you.

Re: Look how butthurt the snowflake libtards get when

Jan 29, 2021, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Look how butthurt the snowflake libtards get when ]

Hey, thanks for the piping hot take!

Jan 29, 2021, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Look how butthurt the snowflake libtards get when ]

Liberal, fake social justice icon. All because I think it's really dumb to be obsessing just how terrible it is that a young lady was asked to kick for Vandy and she did. To the point that JUDGE KELLER ZOMG HE FOUND A VIDEO OF HER MISSING 1 KICK IN PRACTICE OH THE HUMANITY, and bringing it up what 6 weeks after the fact?

But hey, you just keep doing you. Be mad at the world. Just know that most of us conservatives aren't stupid enough to fall into the extreme right wing narrative ala small minded folks like yourself.

Go home and tell your wife and daughters to either knit socks or get back in the kitchen. See how that goes for ya. Or better yet, tell your mom that on the way back to her basement.

Re: Who is butthurt?

Jan 29, 2021, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Who is butthurt? ]

you need a blanket?

Re: Constantly amazed at how b utthurt some folks are

Jan 29, 2021, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Constantly amazed at how b utthurt some folks are ]

Most guys could do that, yes.

Re: Constantly amazed at how b utthurt some folks are

Jan 29, 2021, 3:17 PM

you're dreaming

The line to wrestle your daughter starts behind me, how soon

Jan 29, 2021, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Constantly amazed at how b utthurt some folks are ]

can she meet me in Gaffney?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OH BOY OH BOY. A college athlete being asked to help

Jan 29, 2021, 10:28 AM

in a different sport MADE A MISTAKE IN PRACTICE? ONE MISTAKE ON VIDEO?

Man, Judge. What bridge will you jump off of when video of one of your beloved hoopsters surfaces showing him air balling a free throw in practice? FOR THE SPORT HE'S THERE TO PLAY? AND ON SCHOLARSHIP FOR?

What do Judge?

I mean, it happened on consecutive FT attempts in an NBA game by Giannis Antetokounmpo. He's a publicity stunt too right? Not practice. Not as a baseball player trying another sport. In a game by an all-star.

You people all triggered and butthurt over a young lady are pathetic.

You are going to great lengths to defend a female kicker

Jan 29, 2021, 11:25 AM

who honestly isn't very good at kicking a football. Why?

If women's rights are important to you, and seeing women succeed in new ways is important to you, great! They are important to me as well. But I like seeing women achieve based on their own talents, skills, and accomplishments - and not as a result of them being put in new roles just to make a political statement.

Do you honestly believe that Sarah Fuller had the requisite football experience to be Vanderbilt's kicker? Because I don't. But if you do, please tell us why. Tell us why you feel she was the best candidate for the job. Tell us about the tryout she aced, where she outperformed other kickers who did have football kicking experience. Go ahead.

And do you honestly believe that Sarah Fuller's kick in the video I posted was just a rare mistake? Because I don't. I saw other videos of her kicking in practice, as well as in games. I didn't see any evidence that she was a great kicker who simply had a few bad kicks from time to time. But if you can show evidence that she made a lot of other kicks, and that the misses were just an anomaly, please tell us.

Otherwise, you might want to ask yourself why having a female kicker in college football is so important to you, especially when that kicker wasn't worthy of being on the team.

Nah, not very important to me. That said I will trust

Jan 29, 2021, 11:30 AM

a D1 college coaching staff well before an internet warrior that has seen a 5 second video.

You beat this kid up only because she is a female. Sorry about your insecurities. Sad.

Why are you so triggered?

Jan 29, 2021, 11:36 AM

The fact that my post bothered you so much, to the point that you didn't even address my questions in my previous post, is sad.

lol ok***

Jan 29, 2021, 11:42 AM

Re: lol ok***

Jan 29, 2021, 11:44 AM

How cute.

Jan 29, 2021, 3:53 PM

Did you do that with one hand while looking at a photo of Brad Brownell by chance?

Great, I can't think of anything more interesting

Jan 29, 2021, 10:36 AM

to rehash than some chick kicking for some crappy team that literally no one outside of Nashville cares about.

Can we talk about the Confederate flag and the freedom from religion foundation too? I feel like these are also important topics.

Perusing the first page of posts on TNet today

Jan 29, 2021, 11:32 AM

I see the following:

-Complaining about playing Syracuse on a Friday night
-Papa John's promo code
-Complaining about having to play the Coots in Columbia
-UCF head coaching job
-Matayo Uiagalalei
-Observations from other fan boards
-Tennessee's head coaching job

Do you think those are important?

Jan 29, 2021, 11:02 AM

They only had one kick on the video? I'm not a huge fan of the whole Sarah Fuller experiment, but at the same time, I think we need to have all the information. There are many explanations for this ONE video of a bad kick. It could've been her first try, could've just been a bad try, etc. To say that this is in any way even remotely typical of any of her kicks is not appropriate. I seriously doubt this is indicative of her general kicking ability by the time she took the field in a game.

I can't imagine the Vandy coaching staff would've put someone out there who had zero ability. We hear often about some of our own kickers how they hit them all in practice, but can't seem to make them consistently in a game. It's not an easy job. You get just a few chances per game, if that. Every other player gets multiple chances per game to do what they do. Kickers - maybe one, and we define them by that one kick, often times.

I don't know what her full potential was as a kicker. She never really had much of an opportunity, other than hitting an extra point or two (I can't remember - didn't really keep up). Vandy isn't the best team to kick for. You don't get a lot of kickoffs or opportunities with their offense!

That video was dated 12/6, so she had been kicking

Jan 29, 2021, 11:38 AM

field goals for a few weeks at that point I believe.

I'm sure her usual kicks aren't that bad. I agree, more data would be helpful. What I've seen so far suggests that she isn't college football material (nor should she be, since she had never played football prior to this media stunt).

Re: That video was dated 12/6, so she had been kicking

Jan 29, 2021, 2:03 PM

I see that. It also is stamped as the 27th clip or kick or whatever for the kickers. If she'd been kicking since November, and they only have one duck like this, then that's not too bad. Remember that time you tripped over the cracks in the sidewalk, or stumbled on a stair step? You don't want that typifying who you walk everywhere. Now, if that happened frequently and there were multiple clips, then that's a different story.

All I know for sure from this story is that she did her best knowing that she'd catch a lot of crap along with a lot of praise and that every move, kick, word, and since she's female, every way that she looks would be heavily scrutinized and criticized. If anybody is at fault for it/her being a gimmick or being used or whatever, it's the Vanderbilt AD and coaches. One of these days I think we will see a very competent and competitive female kicker in college football, though. It's just a matter of time, especially now that girls know that they will at least have an opportunity to try.

She kicks good for a woman.

Jan 29, 2021, 11:16 AM

Women should be proud, even though she can't really "play football". Can you kick like that?

I don't know, I haven't kicked a field goal in years.

Jan 29, 2021, 11:42 AM

Which has absolutely nothing to do with this situation.

Uh, you do know that this individual went on to win SEC

Jan 29, 2021, 11:22 AM

special teams player of the week don't you? Must have gotten a lot better!!!

Re: Uh, you do know that this individual went on to win SEC

Jan 29, 2021, 11:43 AM

It's a major award!

neat.***

Jan 29, 2021, 11:24 AM

Jan 29, 2021, 12:07 PM

So stunning and brave.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Did not read any of thread. Just astonishing that 55+ posts.

Jan 29, 2021, 1:09 PM

Shouldn’t you people be working? This is why there’s a trade deficit with China.

Not Clemson Football related.

Jan 29, 2021, 2:16 PM

Thank you for moving this to the correct board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Thanks for your input.***

Jan 29, 2021, 3:49 PM

Think of it as OUR input...

Jan 29, 2021, 4:25 PM

FM, B-Meist, & Crump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

That Vandy let a girl kick in a game, and some people

Jan 29, 2021, 3:22 PM

celebrated it, doesn't threaten your having a pp (assuming that is true) - so get the over it.

Re: That Vandy let a girl kick in a game, and some people

Jan 29, 2021, 3:52 PM

Jan 29, 2021, 3:27 PM

This poster is racist, misogynistic, and really seems to hate everything about Clemson other than a certain coach but has a 98% pulse. Great reflection on this board. If the mods/owners of this board won’t moderate maybe everyone should ignore the obvious troll.

After being on the Tiger Boreds for 18 years, you finally

Jan 29, 2021, 3:40 PM

decided to post? So we can expect the next one in 2039?

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: After being on the Tiger Boreds for 18 years, you finally

Jan 29, 2021, 3:49 PM

Never really felt like I had anything to add. But this OP has become more and more flagrant in his ill intent while no one seems to notice other than to point and laugh over basketball’s failings. He’s becoming more brazen as defending Brad Brownell is more and more toothless.

I think I hear you saying that recruits are better than transfers?

Jan 29, 2021, 3:31 PM

And I agree wholeheartedly

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 78
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic