Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What does it say about your program?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

What does it say about your program?

Jun 9, 2018, 6:52 AM

We all know it's not about Belk's Mom being sick and proximity to home. She was sick before he committed to Clemson. It's about a player who did not want to put the work in , follow requirements and compete in a championship program. Facts are Clemson is a championship program and a national brand now. Coming from a 1-A school it is a culture shock. I know first hand. What does it say about you as a coach and a program when you accept a guy into your program because he now thinks he can cut it in your program but could not at a championship program. That my friend is why my friend the Coots will never be a championship football program. Just not on same level. What will the excuse be now when they have Belk and Pickens, but still losing to Clemson!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn't say much at all. They know that

Jun 9, 2018, 6:57 AM

pretty much every player on the team is not championship caliber. That is why none of them will ever have a championship trophy of any kind in their career. Well they might get some minor bowl win, but that is the most they can hope for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey now, one or two might win a Super Bowl in ten years.***

Jun 9, 2018, 5:24 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What does it say about your program?

Jun 9, 2018, 7:03 AM

Coaches have a certain amount of ego, and mindset that: "I'll be able to get him to work hard" or "I thin I can motivate him" - But, if I'm the coots, why wouldn't I take the chance?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2018, 7:11 AM

I agree totally. They have to take that chance. They are just that desperate. I am just so thankful we don't have to take those chances now.

Jun 9, 2018, 7:12 AM

But still, what does that say about your program?

Jun 9, 2018, 7:31 AM

It says they are cursed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2018, 7:48 AM

Not just any old curse but the Chicken curse. It’s back. Lol. Go tigers

Jun 9, 2018, 8:09 AM

Lol.

It says you sound silly complaining about a college player***

Jun 9, 2018, 12:56 PM

Re: It says you sound silly complaining about a college player***

Jun 9, 2018, 1:15 PM

Not complaining. Making a point. Bet you wouldn't call me silly standing in front of my. Tired of peeboys hiding behind a keyboard. Threads I don't like, I don't respond.

Where do you nuts get this stuff?

Jun 9, 2018, 2:48 PM

Dabo only had great things to say about his work ethic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right, because Dabo would certainly

Jun 9, 2018, 3:16 PM

Throw a kid under the bus to the national news media. The guy is a master marketer. Knows better than to indulge in a smear campaign against Belk (more importantly, his attorney).

Think before you speak.

Lulz. He wouldn’t have made up great things to say

Jun 9, 2018, 3:26 PM

about his work ethic. He would have just said “we wish him the best”, only.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His work ethic may be fine...

Jun 9, 2018, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Where do you nuts get this stuff? ]

Perhaps its more a case of him simply lacking the talent to earn immediate and significant playing time for one of the nations elite programs. In the spring, the majority of his reps were with the third and fourth team.

The fact that he can start immediately at the University of Second Choice is just further evidence of the talent differential at the two programs.

Ultimately I think that's what it boiled down to. He wanted immediate and significant playing time as a freshman and he realized that wasn't going to happen at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I could see that.***

Jun 9, 2018, 5:14 PM

Jun 9, 2018, 3:33 PM

Some players had rather go somewhere they know they can play rather than sit on the bench and wait their turn. When Nebraska was really rolling, linemen were always redshirted and din't really play much until their junior year. That is the way championship programs work. Thanks goodness for guys like Beasley, Dodd, Huggins, etc. who have been patient, learned, and developed. Even Mike Williams was nothing like the same player when he got here and when he left.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have over come that negative recruiting which sells...

Jun 9, 2018, 4:22 PM

a player on 'They aren't SEC.' I believe we can get any player we want and the issues which keep them from signing are refusal to go the extra mile to be their best on and off the field. That's their character flaw, imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a candy a$$ who is afraid of competition...

Jun 9, 2018, 4:28 PM

He doesn't have the heart or work ethic to compete and earn playing time for a national championship contender.

He deserves to be part of perennial doormat program whose history is built largely on failure and whose future isn't much brighter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I think it is

Jun 9, 2018, 4:53 PM

a combination of things. He may like a city campus more. Since USCe is desperate he may think he can start w/o competition and still have a path to the NFL.

Jun 9, 2018, 6:55 PM

Belk must have that special thing SC looks for in defensive players. You know, that special thing where everytime they make a tackle, and it doesn't matter if that tackle comes after a big gain by the opposing offense, their defenders stand over and posture around the opponent. They can't tackle or take a decent angle, but they can posture. I've never seen a team do that so consistently.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic