Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last year, this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Last year, this year

Dec 14, 2014, 8:29 PM

Last year, 90+% of Clemson fans tuned out basketball after early losses, only to come around late when they realized that McDaniels was a tour de force. And we weren't even close to the cellar.

This year, after early losses, the same energy is there - oh, no, another season in the cellar.
But - with the last two wins - will the energy change earlier?

Or must this team prove it's worthy of attention by fighting through and winning with lackluster fan support?

Say what you will about UNC, but they won't drop support of the team with a weak start.

We have seen that Brownell and his staff do an exceptional job developing players.

What will get more fans backing a team learning, knowing they will be competitive by the end of the year?
Or is the only way a team will get support is to win early and big?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win this Friday and I am ALL IN!***

Dec 14, 2014, 8:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last year, this year

Dec 14, 2014, 8:36 PM

Win the next 3 (SC, Oakland, Robert Morris) and we will have plenty of energy in Littlejohn for the UNC game on January 3rd.

Re: Last year, this year

Dec 14, 2014, 10:15 PM

Good points. I hate the "wait and see" attitude because it really makes a difference in games when people are actually there. Today's crowd made a big difference, and there were only 6500 there most likely. Would love to see what would happen against Oakland and Robert Morris with a good crowd, and especially UNC with a sellout of mainly Clemson fans.

I would watch more basketball games

Dec 15, 2014, 9:11 AM

if we weren't so BORING.

Re: I would watch more basketball games

Dec 15, 2014, 9:14 AM

so you like running up and down the court chucking up 3's and playing zero defense huh. personally i love seeing our guys in the other teams shorts playing d.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would watch more basketball games

Dec 15, 2014, 9:27 AM

I don't watching guys messing around in other guys shorts regardless of what game is being played. groce.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why can't we play good D and still

Dec 15, 2014, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: I would watch more basketball games ]

run and chuck up 3's?

Sloppy play and poor execution bore me ... I get more

Dec 15, 2014, 10:27 AM

excited when our team wins while playing up to their fullest potential regardless of the style of play.

When we were scoring 90+ points while full court pressing and fast breaking our way to blow out wins over Duke and the like under Purnell, that was exciting! Much less so when we failed to get back on defense time and again after a quick basket and let the opposition rain threes on us on the way to blowing a double digit lead resulting in an inexplicable loss.

I get excited when the current staff coaches our guys to wins scoring 60 points by playing lock down defense while taking care of the ball, shooting a decent percentage from the field, and hitting 80% of our FTs. Conversely, when we don't hustle, play lazy defense, take bad shots, and shoot 60% from the line, I enjoy it a lot less.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about yesterday's game was boring?

Dec 15, 2014, 9:19 AM [ in reply to I would watch more basketball games ]

A bit sloppy at times, certainly ... but never boring.

And a win in any sport, followed by the players and fans singing the alma mater is NEVER boring.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, Rev

Dec 15, 2014, 9:51 AM

But I live too far to go to games and they don't play our alma mater on tv after a win, generally. I'm content just getting ESPN alerts that we won.

Did you watch football games when Danny Ford was our coach?

Dec 15, 2014, 9:55 AM [ in reply to I would watch more basketball games ]

Those were "boring" too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I wasn't alive for most of them.

Dec 15, 2014, 10:58 AM

But I love watching BV's defense. Running people over and stomping them on D isn't boring. But it's not like basketball players are crushing each other.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic