Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Emma Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Emma Watson

Mar 5, 2017, 5:11 PM

Hate to interfere with the game but I just saw this article on CNN. Hermione has definitely grown up.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/05/entertainment/emma-watson-vanity-fair-photo-controversy/index.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feminism is cancer***

Mar 5, 2017, 5:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Feminism is cancer***

Mar 5, 2017, 5:50 PM

Please come on man.
I am the Dad of two young girls so ### straight I want them to have an equal chance . I tell them everyday that they better stand up for themselves and other girls/women because it isn't going to be given to them.
What part of that feminism is a cancer.

You feel threatened by strong women, bro.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not talking about feminism, but he's talking about 3rd

Mar 5, 2017, 5:51 PM

wave feminism.

Re: He's not talking about feminism, but he's talking about 3rd

Mar 5, 2017, 7:01 PM

Nope. I disagree.

Why don't you tell us why you disagree.

Mar 5, 2017, 9:48 PM

Oh, because you have nothing.

These are the "feminists" that you align yourself with. Congratulations on your opinionless disagreement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ones who marched in Washington with pink

Mar 5, 2017, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Feminism is cancer*** ]

p___y stocking caps on their head and trashed the place are the cancers. The REAL women who marched in the week following are the ones who deserve respect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: The ones who marched in Washington with pink

Mar 5, 2017, 5:54 PM

The only thing those ######## in the D.C. women's march did was cause property damage, disrupt traffic, and ruin the day for kids who were there on field trips.

Mar 5, 2017, 7:00 PM

We disagree.

You are entitled to your opinion and to share it.

Name one, just one, injustice those "women" were marching for.

Mar 5, 2017, 9:32 PM

Education? Nope.
Employment opportunities? Nope.
Housing opportunities? Nope.
Legal rights? Nope.
Heath care access? Nope.
Clean water? Nope.
Wage gap? ...that's a myth (try getting a degree in a career that pays, not women's studies). So, nope.

Name one.

Mar 5, 2017, 7:02 PM [ in reply to The ones who marched in Washington with pink ]

We disagree 100%.

I will respect that you have the right to hold an opinion and to share it.

In our current day and age women have every opportunity a man does.

Mar 5, 2017, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Feminism is cancer*** ]

You probably could make an argument they have more opportunities.

Feminism in the 20th century achieved their goals. Every one can stop their bitching now.

Re: In our current day and age women have every opportunity a man does.

Mar 5, 2017, 7:03 PM

So your opinion reveals. I disagree with your opinion.

So let me get this straight...

Mar 5, 2017, 9:37 PM

You're telling me that American women are currently being denied basic rights and privileges simply because they have a ######? Show me where and how that is taking place and I'll fight that injustice with you (because it isn't).

And if you're disagreeing with what you say are "my opinions," which are really facts*, I think you should get your head checked.

*facts: the wage gap is a myth and men and women are equal.

Mar 5, 2017, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Feminism is cancer*** ]

That's funny....cause I'm telling my 3 boys to do the same thing.... the cards are stacked against them.... they are southern, white, males raised in a Christian home.

My daughter is gorgeous so there is that negative for her....

#screwedupworld

Keep raisin' them right!***

Mar 5, 2017, 9:42 PM

Mar 5, 2017, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Feminism is cancer*** ]

Good gosh you are an angry little man. Feel sorry for you, you took someone making a joke and got your little feminine panties all in a wad. Take it to the P&R board, bro...

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

I'm a Dad of a 20 and 22 year old daughter

Mar 5, 2017, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Feminism is cancer*** ]

neither are "feminist". Both are strong. The 22 yr old makes over 70k a year as a chemical engineer. The youngest is also studying chemical engineering and is a junior with a 3.83 gpa. They don't need any help. They are not worried about things not being equal. They do not need to get naked and complain about men looking at them. They have great values.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you should ask your daughters

Mar 5, 2017, 11:05 PM

if they aren't worried about things being equal. I am sincerely interested how your employed daughter would respond. Does she feel like an equal at work or doea she feel like ahe has to work harder than the men to prove herself? Ask her if she's cool making 70k if the men are making 75.
Seriously.. no antagonism meant.. t mail me of you dont want it public.

Then, if your married, ask Mom what she thinks..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I think you should ask your daughters

Mar 6, 2017, 12:07 AM

Women under 35 make more, not less, for the same work.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The CEO of the company is a woman

Mar 6, 2017, 5:36 AM [ in reply to I think you should ask your daughters ]

The president and next CEO is also female, she takes over this year. The head of operations is female. Then a male is head of manufacturing and a male is head of engineering then her boss, capital projects engineering, is also female. 4 out of 6 in her line of succession are female. There is no glass ceiling.

Heavy manufacturing industry. I assure you that females have every opportunity to succeed at her company.

Females are highly sought after in engineering. My girls believe 100% that they are in control of their destiny. They don't for a minute think that they are discriminated against. It's all about attitude. They helped build our house, they do construction work, they work on their own cars, but in every day life are very feminine. The use it to their advantage.

13 years ago when I was a freshman at Clemson, females

Mar 6, 2017, 10:56 AM

who wanted to major in engineering had more opportunities to do so (some would say even lower entrance requirements) including more scholarships available than guys applying for the same spots.

Feminism had its time and rightful place in history

Mar 5, 2017, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Feminism is cancer*** ]

But now, feminism is man shaming and fueled by hate. Id want your daughters to have everything any man could, but I wouldn't want her thinking this world would be fine without men and a 'who needs them' mentality. We all need each other...both men and woman. Most woman don't even identify themselves as feminists now as they too see the same thing everyone else is seeing.

What about the other 55 genders?

Mar 6, 2017, 10:59 AM

Are you some kind of a bigot?

/s

Then watch out for me. I'm cancerous. I suppose there's something wrong with my

Mar 5, 2017, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Feminism is cancer*** ]

not feeling threatened by women having equal opportunity and pay. Maybe it comes from the reverance I hold for my grandmother who worked for Wash Post advertising in the 50s-70s, or my Mom who worked so hard to raise me, maybe from loving my wife, or having hopes for my daughter.
If Watson were a dude and shirtless, nobody would care. She's still covered, but for some reason this is an issue? Hilarious.

null

Show me where women are denied anything in our current age.

Mar 5, 2017, 9:43 PM

Good for your relatives. Back in their day, they had legit complaints and feminism was a legit movement. Today, it's pointless. Both genders are equal in American society. It's people complaining just for the sake of it. Modern feminism has no purpose or motive other than to cause a disruption. Hence, a cancer.

You're clueless man. Twice today I walked into patients rooms

Mar 5, 2017, 10:38 PM

in the hospital and watched the families look to me to confirm what the lady with me was saying. She's the doctor, I am the icu nurse.
Is it a prejudice? I don't know, but the mindset was certainly that the man in the room must be the doctor or that I needed to validate what she said. Why would that be?
That's my example from just today.

In that same note, when I went to MUSC, the director of the College of Nursingspoke openly about wanting more men in nursing because it would raise the respect level in the public eye and increase salaries. Think she was wrong?

If you don't understand the relevance, then it will clear that the deeper concepts are lost on you.

I sure as heck don't feel guilty for being a white guy, but I definitely recognize inequalities.

null

Re: You're clueless man. Twice today I walked into patients rooms

Mar 5, 2017, 11:04 PM

Anecdotal at best..... and I think you see what you want to see.... I see examples every day that equality exists..... I see examples of how equality is truly threatened by those who claim who isn't enough....

Mar 5, 2017, 11:05 PM [ in reply to You're clueless man. Twice today I walked into patients rooms ]

That sounds more like stereotypes. It'd be different if that woman couldn't become a doctor because she was a woman. There is also the stereotype that male nurses tend to be homosexual. That's way off base. Open up Elsiever's med surg textbook and see where they use nursing pronouns as 'her' and 'she.' I'm always called to help move a patient because I'm a male and I'm "big and strong." One nurse even called me "muscles." What if called her apple bottom and told her to move her own #### patient lol. I'd be discussing other career choices with the manager. I was also told that males aren't allowed to preceptor labor and delivery because it makes woman uncomfortable. If that line of thinking isn't sexist then I'm lost on these issues.

It works both ways. Punch a woman in the face after she hits you...see how equal you'll be perceived by women in that instance.

And for anyone in favor of feminism who have daughters, hope you don't mind them being drafted in the military...cuz, ya know...equality. They may not be able to serve on the front lines but why not? Put a rifle in their hands and I'm sure they can handle it.

Mar 5, 2017, 11:20 PM

I also think we should combine men and women's sports. Didn't we have a transgender athlete in a woman's Olympic event? Didn't they win? Why not? Equality for the sake of equality.

I'm going to join a woman's team and help put an end to these chauvinist bastages!

Those stories don't show any evidence of gender inequality.

Mar 6, 2017, 9:41 AM [ in reply to You're clueless man. Twice today I walked into patients rooms ]

Try again.

Re: Then watch out for me. I'm cancerous. I suppose there's something wrong with my

Mar 5, 2017, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Then watch out for me. I'm cancerous. I suppose there's something wrong with my ]

Dude, you are so mis informed, detached from reality, and warped by unintelligent agenda driven false narratives it is sad.

You dont have to support today's "feminist" movement to prove you are not threatened by women (whatever that means) or that you believe in fair and equal treatment.

I'd wager that most every dude in here isn't threatened by women or wants to treat them unfairly.....

I'm raising my daughter to love, honor, and respect people...including men.

I teach my boys the same thing.

It's that simple....

I believe ultimately that's what you are trying to do.... I would hope you evaluate your methods to make sure you aren't just swinging the pendulum to the other side which only would create a new problem....

I wish more really were feminists. If they truly were...

Mar 5, 2017, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Feminism is cancer*** ]

they would split more bills, trips, dinners, drinks, etc, 50/50, or just pay for themselves more. They want to get the best of all worlds. They are only feminists at times. They want equal pay at work, but for men to pay for more outside of work.

Women get equal pay at work. The wage gap is a myth.***

Mar 6, 2017, 9:40 AM

nm

Wage gaps do exist.

Mar 6, 2017, 10:45 AM

You can argue why they exist, but not dismiss them entirely.

For example, women typically earn more than men in their 20's. This trend has been growing for a number of reasons, including the average age of motherhood.

But bias does exist, which has a typically negative effect on women's wages. Here's one example, where the gender associated with the names of applicants was found to impact starting salary:

http://www.pnas.org/content/109/41/16474.full

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right. There is a wage gap.

Mar 6, 2017, 10:58 AM

It has to do with career choices, hours worked, and overall devotion to employment. Overall, women do less of that compared to men.

I'm referring to the myth that some people believe that women make $0.70 on the dollar to men. Like there's a gender pay scale.

I understand what you are saying.

Mar 6, 2017, 11:23 AM

And yes, there are real and valid reasons that many women choose lower-wage jobs for greater flexibility. I don't discount this.

In turn, you shouldn't discount the number of women who are subjected to legitimate gender bias. The "70 cents per dollar" argument could be split, where----I'm spitballing here---70% of the discrepancy is due to such choices made by women. But the study I referenced above tracks gender-association of names only, and the impact it had on starting salaries. Even if that sort of bias only accounts for the remaining 30%, that's still a substantial problem.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feminism isn't.

Mar 6, 2017, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Feminism is cancer*** ]

It's just anti-male (for the most part.)

Re: Emma Watson

Mar 5, 2017, 5:56 PM

All I got to say is.....

Feminism screwed up the country. Be a woman

Mar 5, 2017, 10:37 PM

And take care of your man. Period

Period? Pun intended?

Mar 6, 2017, 10:53 AM

There's nothing wrong with women not relying on a man. That's what first wave feminism fought for and won. This current wave...I have no clue what they want.

Mar 5, 2017, 11:06 PM

Look what you started. We're supposed to be in celebration mode right now, but instead we are coming apart at the seams. Be ashamed

Well, there is a clear right answer here. GO TIGERS.***

Mar 6, 2017, 11:01 AM

Mar 6, 2017, 5:38 AM

Emma Watson & your daughters aside, serious question - who posts about feminism in an online sports forum and expects high-fives and handshakes!? Lol.

PS - Emma still looks like she's 15.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic