Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What a typical response from the Tobacco Road pumping ACC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

What a typical response from the Tobacco Road pumping ACC.

Nov 7, 2014, 1:46 PM

I don't care that the NCAA doesn't allow a review after the game is over. The fact of the matter is that everyone in the stadium, including the ACC official who was in the booth with the commentators, and everyone watching on television KNEW that it was a clean hit and should not have been allowed to stand as targeting. EVERYONE KNEW IT! Except for the incompetent replay official. How convenient.

So TYPICAL from a conference that has always hated Clemson and endeavored in every possible way to stifle its success! I am so sick and tired of ACC referees and the fraud of a commissioner that is John Swofford. It's because of his Tobacco Road bias that ACC refs have been able to get by with these shenanigans for years.

SOMETHING HAS GOT TO BE DONE TO STOP THIS INJUSTICE FROM CONTINUING!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a typical response from the Tobacco Road pumping ACC.

Nov 7, 2014, 1:48 PM

its not the ncaa that doesnt allow it, its the ACC!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder how Clemson fans would feel...

Nov 7, 2014, 1:49 PM

if it were a North Carolina player who got suspended on a questionable call, and the ACC office attempted to subvert an NCAA rule to get him reinstated.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's exactly what the ACC office would do

Nov 7, 2014, 1:52 PM

if it were a North Carolina school in this situation. But let's get this straight. Upon watching the replay, it was not a questionable call. It was an obvious call. Yet the replay official still got it wrong. Again I say HOW CONVENIENT.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In your opinion, was it targeting?***

Nov 7, 2014, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Wonder how Clemson fans would feel... ]

Clemson

I wouldn't call it targeting.***

Nov 7, 2014, 1:52 PM

According to the letter of the rule, anyway.***

Nov 7, 2014, 1:53 PM

But it is in spirit?

Nov 7, 2014, 1:59 PM

It was a missed call. If it had been a UNC player, I won't say I'd have a problem with him being ejected, but I wouldn't agree with it.

Clemson

No, I was just saying that, the word "targeting"

Nov 7, 2014, 2:00 PM

can be used in a lot of ways. I mean I don't believe it was "targeting," as defined as an NCAA football penalty.

That's all anyone has to go on

Nov 7, 2014, 2:02 PM

So as far as I can see, most people had the proper reaction in wondering why it was upheld after a review, regardless of team.

Clemson

Well, I said it was my opinion that it was not targeting...

Nov 7, 2014, 2:04 PM

The replay official obviously had a different opinion. I can see where he might have thought the location of the hit might be defined as "head or neck area". The rule doesn't give specific dimensions, after all.

The rule is in place to prevent a particular kind of injury

Nov 7, 2014, 2:12 PM

The receiver wasn't in danger of being hurt in that way. The rule is also there to discourage poor tackling scenarios. Smith displayed what he was supposed to do, which was lead with a shoulder and hit in the chest.

Clemson

That is why the rule is in place, indeed.

Nov 7, 2014, 2:15 PM

But the rule doesn't say, and really can't say, anything about the quality of tackling technique or how the player's safety is in danger. That would make it even more subjective than it is.

Nov 7, 2014, 1:50 PM

Funny there was no rule allowing CU extra year of probation but found a way to do that. Now they can't right a blatent injustice.

CU NEEDS TO RAIN A STORM OF H TILL THIS IS CHANGED. EMBARRASS ALL OF THEM and undermine everything till this carp stops

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2014, 3:05 PM

Right, the first move should be to get the heck out of the low life ACC if ever we have the chance, nothing but a bunch of losers and N. Carolina lovers.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic