Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well we have fewer deaths per year after Covid?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 404

Well we have fewer deaths per year after Covid?

Feb 13, 2021, 9:10 PM

I haven’t researched this in the last several weeks, but I think the total number of deaths annual increase in the US is roughly equal to the number of Covid deaths.

But it wouldn't surprise me in the coming years assuming we get past Covid if the total number of deaths goes below the number of deaths in 2019 since many elderly people just died a year or two sooner than they would’ve died anyway. Will be interesting to see.

A better metric would be the total number of years lost because of a Covid death. If you die when you’re 20, then you’ve lost 60 years or so of life expectancy. If you die when you’re 80, you maybe lost one year. Not suggesting that Covid isn’t real obviously, but a few years from now we will have a much better understanding of the true impact of Covid.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Next year maybe. All cause mortality is a cyclical thing, if

Feb 14, 2021, 12:21 PM

you look at it over time. I know the branch covidians seem to think death started in 2020, but in reality 2020 was to be expected with the low level of deaths in 2019. Covid-19 has little to nothing to do with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 404
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic