Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Got this big boy coming to room temp b4 seasoning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 646

Got this big boy coming to room temp b4 seasoning

Apr 9, 2021, 5:04 PM

32 ounces of bonar rib eye.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From the Pat Square butcher shop***

Apr 9, 2021, 5:10 PM

Butcher shops are popping up faster than axe throwing***

Apr 9, 2021, 5:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks good.

Apr 9, 2021, 5:17 PM

You gonna grill it?

I haven't found a good method for pan-searing one that size that doesn't smoke up the whole house.

Blackstone 21***

Apr 9, 2021, 5:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haven't got that far yet. I might put the cast iron over the

Apr 9, 2021, 5:19 PM

grill tonight. Mine's not as big as bengaline (my steak isn't as big, that is), so should be good. I'm working with about 20 oz

Induction hot plate on the deck with your cast iron pan

Apr 9, 2021, 5:34 PM

After smoking it on red oak to an internal of 125.

Cast iron on the induction gives you so much more control than the Blackstone. Grape seed oil cuts way down on the smoke.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B085J2PQRB/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_5E50YDZNKPRATJWTXP8B?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Now this is a helpful contribution. I didn't

Apr 9, 2021, 5:37 PM

know that this even existed. All the TUs to YOU, JR!

Gotta give Bengaline cred for the grape seed oil

Apr 9, 2021, 5:39 PM

That was a real

PRO ZONE
R
O

T
I
P

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Yep, I use it a lot if I don't want the olive oil flavor. *****

Apr 9, 2021, 5:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll still use canola, I believe the smokepoint is

Apr 9, 2021, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Gotta give Bengaline cred for the grape seed oil ]

very similar.

But yes, much better than olive oil.

I was referring more to the single burner induction cooktop that you linked. Didn't know they made those, tbh

Get some grape seed oil***

Apr 9, 2021, 5:44 PM

Well if you insist, good sir!!!***

Apr 9, 2021, 5:46 PM

It’s great, that model lets you set the temp

Apr 9, 2021, 5:48 PM [ in reply to I'll still use canola, I believe the smokepoint is ]

every 5 degrees i prefer it to my big stove for most things.

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

It's in my cart now lol. I just

Apr 9, 2021, 6:02 PM

splurged about $250 on shoes and t-shirts last night, so gonna give this one some time in the cart. It's mine, though for sure. Thanks for the recommendation

Gotta be careful in here

Apr 9, 2021, 6:11 PM

I spent close to $200.00 on stuff people recommended last week.

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Haven't got that far yet. I might put the cast iron over the

Apr 9, 2021, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Haven't got that far yet. I might put the cast iron over the ]

Grilling

I fired up the grill for the first time last night. Had

Apr 9, 2021, 5:46 PM

some porkchops that were about 1.25" thick and thought it was the best way.

Something about thick meat makes me want to break out the grill.

Re: I fired up the grill for the first time last night. Had

Apr 9, 2021, 5:50 PM

They turned out pretty good. Was mad at myself for not making a sauce but the pork was so juicy that it balanced out the dryness of the broccoli/feta/roasted red pepper salad well:

That looks good enough to eat.***

Apr 9, 2021, 5:51 PM

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

After i took the pic, I knew i passed up the opportunity to

Apr 9, 2021, 5:53 PM

do a little olive oil swirl around the outside. Just short of fancy.

The pork chop was the best I've ever cooked. An every-so-slight hint of pink in the middle and just moist AF throughout. Broccoli recipe needed some work though...or maybe I just don't like broccoli that much.

'n chillin.***

Apr 9, 2021, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Haven't got that far yet. I might put the cast iron over the ]

Replies: 21
| visibility 646
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic