Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Welcome to the Big 12 - Manhattan, Kansas edition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,855

Welcome to the Big 12 - Manhattan, Kansas edition

May 19, 2012, 12:59 PM

Manhattan, Kansas is a rural town of 54,000 in northeast Kansas ( think Nebraska). It is the home of Kansas State University - a school that is saddled with a 143rd ranking by US News (Thank God for Texas Tech and the welcome wagon for West Virginia) and having never won a national championship in any sport.

Manhattan, Kansas ... salud !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome to the Big 12 - Manhattan, Kansas edition

May 19, 2012, 1:01 PM

The walbash cannonball is pretty friggin cool.

May 19, 2012, 2:58 PM

> Manhattan, Kansas is a rural town of 54,000 in
> northeast Kansas ( think Nebraska). It is the home
> of Kansas State University - a school that is saddled
> with a 143rd ranking by US News (Thank God for Texas
> Tech and the welcome wagon for West Virginia) and
> having never won a national championship in any
> sport.
>
> Manhattan, Kansas ... salud !

Your posts are like those of an old senile drunk uncle at a family gathering. Understand, I mean that with love and pity. It is just that you are embarrassing many of us in front of the in-laws.

BTW, I am 51, and 3rd generation Clemson. If you are not suffering from some sort of dementia, you should trace your family roots a bit closer. Maybe somebody mixed up the vials at the insemination clinic? I think you may be the off spring of some tobacco road seed.

I find it hard to believe that people that want to talk about "old school" and believe that we should be in the account today, could support a school that ripped apart the southern conference and helped lead the charge to start the account. Baffling...

Clemson is Clemson first! If any of you believe that your chances in the business world are going to be determined by the academic status of the schools that you play in sports...you are simply looney.

I am terribly bothered by the fact that Clemson is not leading on the move, and instead we look like we are hiding behind the skirt of FSU.

We try to keep our crazy uncle sober in public,. I guess all we can do in this situation, is to apologize to the schools you keep insulting, and explaining..that you mean well, but have a screw loose.

Beat down the doors to the Big 12 Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2012, 3:02 PM

Fyi...mobile spell check changed the word ACC to account , my apologies. I hope I have not overly harmed the value of any other tigers degrees. I certainly wouldn't want to be the target of a tiger class action suit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to know why you are troubled.

May 19, 2012, 3:10 PM

"I am terribly bothered by the fact that Clemson is not leading on the move, and instead we look like we are hiding behind the skirt of FSU."

Does the silence from the Clemson BOT including Mr Barker along with ever other person at Clemson cause you to assume that we are not leading the charge and hiding?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I want to know why you are troubled.

May 19, 2012, 5:18 PM

> "I am terribly bothered by the fact that Clemson is
> not leading on the move, and instead we look like we
> are hiding behind the skirt of FSU."
>
> Does the silence from the Clemson BOT including Mr
> Barker along with ever other person at Clemson cause
> you to assume that we are not leading the charge and
> hiding?

Yes it does. It gives alol the power to the Big 12 and FSU. If the best place for Clemson is in the Big 12 we should be leading the way.

A clemson man needs no introduction! He certainly need to to be FSU's pawn or "girl".

The longer we wait the to "be in the big 12" (if it is true we have an invite) the greater the risk we have of being replaced in the selection process.

We're a major player........

May 19, 2012, 5:25 PM

promise.

Yeah, that's just my opinion, but I bet I'm guessing right.

We're playing this thing right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

May 19, 2012, 3:02 PM

Clemson is more rural and a ghost town now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Welcome to the Big 12 - Manhattan, Kansas edition

May 19, 2012, 3:08 PM

Purple font doesn't show up on the mobile Site. By the way

This is so sorid.Come on man. Clemson is not to blame for

May 19, 2012, 5:23 PM

ACC or what is happening in CFB. All Clemson can do is be pro-active and make sure they secure they future. If it include great bucolic trips to Kansas and beyond then--AWESOME!

GO Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

L'il tipsy?

May 19, 2012, 5:27 PM

Me, too!

Helllllooooooooooooooooo BigXII!

Gooooooooooooo Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beer makes the world go around.***

May 19, 2012, 5:29 PM

I made sangria for the missus today.

May 19, 2012, 5:36 PM

Drink enough of it, though, and it gets you there!

Uh, not really.***

May 19, 2012, 5:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

May 20, 2012, 2:13 AM

I wanted to be as much of an @ss in reply to the original post as he was in posting it, but decided against it. Instead....

How about experiencing a game weekend in Manhattan before you knock it? There may not be 20,000 hotel rooms, there may not be 5-star restaurants all over, but it's a #### cool college town that goes absolutely apesh** Friday nights before and on game day.

Come on out (fly into MHK directly on AA via Chicago or Dallas - no need for the 2-hour drive from KC), enjoy some suds and local eateries (I recommend Hibachi Hut or Coco Bolos) in Aggieville late Friday into the wee hours of Saturday, get a power nap, and hit the parking lot for killer tailgating. Go ahead and roam around the lots - as long as you're not an ### you'll be invited to share all kinds of food and beverages.

It's about the game and the atmosphere surrounding it, not the geography.

(FWIW, as far as Kansas goes, the Flint Hills region surrounding Manhattan does provide some pleasant scenery.)

Welcome aboard.

May 20, 2012, 3:51 AM

and you'll encounter the same at a clemson football game. hope we do get to experience manhattan for a ksu/clemson conf. game.btw, the area in and around clemson,s.c. is affectionately referred to as god's country.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,855
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic