Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chris Collins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,692

Chris Collins

Mar 12, 2017, 6:46 PM

I love his attitude. That's the type of guy we needed. This Coach K protege took Northwestern to the tournament for the first time ever. Of course his Dad was a great coach too. I love his attitude as well. There are options if CBB doesn't work after next season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chris Collins

Mar 12, 2017, 6:51 PM

It won't be Chris Collins though.

Northwestern is a private school with lots of money. Their endowment is 15 times bigger than Clemson's.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

No doubt.

Mar 12, 2017, 7:05 PM

Yeah I am familiar with the school. My Dad went to grad school at Northwestern. I just meant that type of hire before he went to Northwestern. I think CBB may get it done. I was just pointing out the type of hire we have an option to get if the time comes. We don't need a proven coach exactly. It could be an assistant who is a protege even. I agree with you though that we would never just take Northwestern's HC. He is no longer an option.

I was thinking about hiring from Coach Ks...

Mar 12, 2017, 7:17 PM

tree the other day. I for one am on the side of keeping Brownell for another year (I know, I know...), but wonder if someone like Capel be a good fit.

Capel was horrible as interim this year***

Mar 12, 2017, 7:22 PM

That showed a lot about coaching.

Mar 12, 2017, 9:19 PM

You would have thought that with all the time those 5 star players had with Coach K that they could keep it going for a bit without him. They totally fell apart with Capel. Now they are doing great again with Coach K. I always knew of course that he is a great coach, but hard to believe what a difference he makes mid season just being gone for a bit.

You should read up on Capel's tenure as head coach at Oklahoma.

Mar 12, 2017, 9:22 PM [ in reply to I was thinking about hiring from Coach Ks... ]

Not good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

we want nothing to do with Coach K clones....

Mar 12, 2017, 7:30 PM

as much as I love Doug Collins,

I want nothing todo with his son.

A: Doug Collins

Q: Alex, who made the greatest free throws ever in the history of Basketball all-time and since Naismith invented the game?

Re: we want nothing to do with Coach K clones....

Mar 12, 2017, 7:37 PM

Just a thought....he does have many successful coaches on their own...Brey, Snyder, Collins, Amaker, Wojo....

then you are an idiot***

Mar 12, 2017, 9:20 PM [ in reply to we want nothing to do with Coach K clones.... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,692
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic