Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching games from The Hill?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,052

Watching games from The Hill?

Oct 9, 2013, 11:07 AM

Hi all, planning to attend the FSU game but we'll likely be watching from the General Admission area on The Hill. Any comments/advice/warnings? This'll be our first time having tickets in that part of DV.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get there EARLY***

Oct 9, 2013, 11:12 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

how early we talkin'?***

Oct 9, 2013, 3:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the gates open***

Oct 10, 2013, 10:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

In some areas the slope is a little more pronounced than

Oct 9, 2013, 11:13 AM

others, so I'd plan proper footwear to account for not slipping. Also, the farther back/towards the top of the hill the better the view/less people you have to try and see over. My tips for standing on the hill.

so most people try to get front row spots..

Oct 9, 2013, 3:34 PM

but overall views are better at the top/back?

Be prepared to be trampled once they take the ropes down.

Oct 9, 2013, 11:15 AM

It might be kind of hard to move until halftime, but during the second half the crowd thins out and it gets easier to move or sit down if you need to. Try to get there early and find one of the few level spots. Your calves will thank you for it!

Re: Be prepared to be trampled once they take the ropes down.

Oct 9, 2013, 11:22 AM

Whoops, misread this. I thought you meant you would be on the Hill for BC. For FSU, I wouldn't expect the crowd to thin out at all, or to be able to move once the game starts.

Re: Be prepared to be trampled once they take the ropes down.

Oct 9, 2013, 11:34 AM

Get right on the ropes.
You get to be up close when the players come in, then you follow the last trainers down when they roll up the carpet and get down low near the field.
It's a little dicey as to where you finally end up, but if you get right on the trainers & State Troopers and stay there through the "push", you can follow them all the way to the bottom, and be right in the middle of the field.

^^^^^^ This is if you start at the top of the Hill, right @

Oct 9, 2013, 11:36 AM

The Rock.

Re: Watching games from The Hill?

Oct 9, 2013, 11:32 AM

don't leave for the bathroom and bring a bottle to pee in :)

If you're over 30, I doubt you'll enjoy it.

Oct 9, 2013, 11:44 AM

The main attraction of the hill is the excitement and the yelling and screaming of Tiger fans all around you.

I stood on the hill for many, many games as a student, and while I definitely enjoyed it, you can't see much. If you're trying to get a good view of the game, they're pretty much the worst "seats" in the stadium.

If you're there more just for the atmosphere, they're pretty much the best seats.

There's also a flat area about half-way down the hill that is great for people with bad knees. You have to get there kind of early to stand there though.

All of us are under 30, so I think we should be ok.

Oct 9, 2013, 3:43 PM

I'm expecting views to be hit-or-miss depending on which end of the field the action is happening. We definitely aren't going just for atmosphere, but we'd rather not sit in the upper decks.. and good sideline seats are a bit out of my price range for this game.

Upper Deck > Hill, except for the social aspect...***

Oct 10, 2013, 10:46 AM

Get to the flat area if you can!

Oct 9, 2013, 11:48 AM

Use the bathroom before doing so because getting back there will be impossible.

if this is fall break, won't be too bad***

Oct 9, 2013, 11:53 AM

Sorry, never mind. thought you were asking about this weeken

Oct 9, 2013, 11:54 AM

will be terrible

It will be bad no matter what

Oct 9, 2013, 11:56 AM [ in reply to if this is fall break, won't be too bad*** ]

Everyone will make the trip back for this especially since its an 8 PM kickoff.

The Hill was my favorite place to watch games...

Oct 9, 2013, 12:47 PM

And, in fact, as a student I always requested tickets for the Hill every time. The fans there are the craziest, and everybody around you stands up the whole time so there's nobody telling you to sit down. You can also go just about as crazy as you want without bothering anybody else.

As others have said, try to get there pretty early (like 10- 15 mins before the game) and get near the center of the Hill. It's awesome to watch the players run down the Hill from there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2013, 12:52 PM

For Florida State it's going to be wild. The students in my section last game (A) spent the whole day at Gameday and then at their tailgates and it seemed like you could count the sober students in that section on one hand. If you're ok with that it will be pretty fun, the Hill and the rest of the student section gets really rowdy and it's the best possible place to watch a game in my opinion. It's going to be LOUD. Everyone I have talked to is as excited if not more excited for this than Georgia because it means something to our overall record as well as the ACC.

Oct 9, 2013, 1:50 PM

You chose your words carefully: you will be watching from the Hill, not sitting there.

Prepare to be standing the whole game (except for maybe timeouts the second half). I have only missed a few home games since 2005 season, and have spent every one of them on the hill for at least the first half (up until this season). If your legs can handle it, you will absolutely love it.

I think it's fall break this weekend, so it may be thinned out on the hill and student section. This may help with room, sitting, etc.

my cousin stood on the hill for the UGA game and it was

Oct 9, 2013, 10:00 PM

already packed an hour before kickoff. GET THERE EARLY!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Oct 9, 2013, 10:36 PM

Come early and stand at the very top. You can sit on the rail at the top to rest your legs and to see better. Top is where I like to sit/stand.

I tend to stay near the top

Oct 9, 2013, 10:44 PM

pretty much the only place you can get a decent view on the hill

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,052
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic