Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Video new HC Geoff Collins press conf on Clemson...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Video new HC Geoff Collins press conf on Clemson...

Aug 26, 2019, 5:54 PM

Opener...

Seems pretty confident, you think?

https://ramblinwreck.com/geoff-collins-weekly-press-conference-gm1-19/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Video new HC Geoff Collins press conf on Clemson...

Aug 26, 2019, 6:10 PM

He said we don’t worry about Clemson. We worry about us...

GT is all about family and fighting

Aug 26, 2019, 6:21 PM

For each other

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GT is all about family and fighting

Aug 26, 2019, 6:33 PM

He came across as cocky and we are better than them. Did you watch and listen?

Re: GT is all about family and fighting

Aug 26, 2019, 8:08 PM

How so?

Aug 26, 2019, 6:43 PM

Bunch of blabbing. Nothing said

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New "Energetic" Coach Speak!

Aug 26, 2019, 6:53 PM

Notice the 404 hat?
Probably has a 770 one too!

This man knows he needs to get Atlanta area players to stay home. He's the cool uncle type and fun and energetic. At least, that's the image he wants to show. He has to show recruits he is one of them and not going to back down: "even to Clemson"!
I think he will talk good enough to steal some guys! I don't know he can get enough with their out dated facilities. Atlanta is how far away? Plus, sometimes kids want to leave home even if it's just up the road!

Simple Coach Speak!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 6:49 PM

I think I like him so far. I don’t think he sounded over confident or anything, he has the same philosophy as CDS as worrying about his team instead of all the outside “noise”.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Typical coach speak. Yopu gotta think this guy will

Aug 26, 2019, 6:57 PM

impress a lot more Georgia high school recruits than Kirby could. Night and Day difference between those 2

Re: Typical coach speak. Yopu gotta think this guy will

Aug 26, 2019, 7:06 PM

MRTTMT I agree. The only limitation will be the academics at GT and the facilities. Personality wise - he seems far better than Kirby! He seems like the kind of coach I would want to play for.

Remember the single digit thing at Temple? You had to show heart and earn a single digit and it motivated those guys; to the point TEMPLE a couple years ago had a big night game! TEMPLE!

The guy will eventually get guys. In fact, I think he has already got a commitment from at least a couple 4 star guys. This will hurt us a bit possibly. But mostly other schools that rely on greater Atlanta. Clemson is to the point it can go into Tuscaloosa and get a player or Columbus, OH.

He will definitely eventually start taking some of the recruits from Kirby and Georgia!

Aug 26, 2019, 7:17 PM

Likely and ignorant question, but I hear a lot of Tech fans talk about the difference in academic standard. The same school that won a NC under Bobby Dodd in the 90’s and had some success under PJ. Is it fair to say that they probably do have some scholars on the roster, but they aren’t all future scientists? Duke is another example. Every Duke “fan” I know acts like they just happen to have the most incredible athletes on the court who would win the Pulitzer Prize if they wanted to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 8:46 PM

I do think every major has to take Calc 1, even non-stem majors. Then again, with a tutor you should be able to at least PASS calc 1. It's tougher than a bunch of schools, however our academics stack up well to anyone.

Aug 26, 2019, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Typical coach speak. Yopu gotta think this guy will ]

I'm married to a GT guy and have a daughter who will likely go to Clemson or GT. I think all GT students have to take Calculus 1 and 2 and usually 2 physics classes. There are no BA degrees, only BS degrees. I think the difference in GT and many other schools it is much tougher to hide weak or even average students.

I know my husband is very excited about Collins. Collins is unique but seems to be the perfect fit for GT like Dabo is for Clemson (not suggesting he will be nearly as successful as Dabo). I went to a GT function in Athens to hear him speak and he was very engaging, funny, yet intense. He strikes me as a CEO as much as a football coach.

Aug 26, 2019, 7:30 PM

Great hire by them. He will be very successful

Aug 26, 2019, 8:56 PM

Agreed!

People are sleeping on the bees! This coach is taking a page from the Dabo playbook instead of the Saban playbook. Fun and keeping it genuine with the kids. The kids like it and will gravitate to it.

I just see their facilities keeping them from ever getting "all the way" to where they could be! The greater Atlanta area is loaded with talent. Much like greater Miami and Ft. Lauderdale is.
For now, Clemson, Georgia and Alabama have 1st pick to the best talent in that area. Which likely won't stop anytime soon. The problem will be those 3 star guys who eventually become starters or even stars will slip to GT. The schools who kind of got the players CU or the other two didn't offer are going to be hurting if he seals up the greater Atlanta area for recruits. Kentucky, S. Carolina, etc.

Bless her heart***

Aug 26, 2019, 8:54 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic