Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Very interesting stat from the semi final games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Very interesting stat from the semi final games

Jan 7, 2020, 3:29 PM

Against a bad Oklahoma defense (38th in total defense) LSU only scored 14 2nd half points

Meanwhile, against OSU (1st in total defense) Clemson scored 15 2nd half points

Because 15 is more than 14, that's a HUGE advantage for Clemson in the national championship game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I instantly feel better...***

Jan 7, 2020, 3:31 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I also

Jan 7, 2020, 4:42 PM

don't feel worse.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Is this statistic inferential or descriptive?

Jan 7, 2020, 3:37 PM

GWPTiger® said:

Against a bad Oklahoma defense (38th in total defense) LSU only scored 14 2nd half points

Meanwhile, against OSU (1st in total defense) Clemson scored 15 2nd half points

Because 15 is more than 14, that's a HUGE advantage for Clemson in the national championship game.

And, what do said statistics say about Clemson's defense descriptively inferential rank?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Is this statistic inferential or descriptive?

Jan 7, 2020, 3:45 PM

Inferential knowledge: All dogs have tails, LSU Loses to Clemson! Count on it,

Re: Very interesting stat from the semi final games

Jan 7, 2020, 3:46 PM

Clemson vs LSU offense is nearly identical (#1 vs #3 and likely within the statistical noise).
Clemson vs LSU defense is not close. Clemson #2 vs LSU #29. LSU generally played weaker offensive teems too.

Clemson is playing in the more offensively minded conference. 5 teams in the top 50 total offense vs only 4 in the SEC (one being a non-bowl bound Ol Miss).

Interestingly, only two ACC teams ranked in the top 50 in both total defense and offense. Clemson... and North Carolina. Three teams in the SEC did so... LSU BAMA and Florida.

A more interesting fact is the better your Offense or Defense in the ACC, the worse you were on the other side of the ball... except for NCSU which just stunk it up.

LSU has strength and conditioning issues...

Jan 7, 2020, 3:56 PM

The fact that they faded against OU is proof. This was an issue I posted about back in September, after watching LSU's first two games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: LSU has strength and conditioning issues...

Jan 7, 2020, 6:49 PM

LSU did take Burrow out after the 3rd QTR when they got up 56 - 21. Burrow and company company scored 7 points in the 2nd half and the backup QB with the starting OL scored the last TD in the 4th QTR.

Clemson CFP/Natty 2nd Half Stats

Here's Clemson's 2nd Half points scored and 2nd half points given up for all CFP/Natty games played:

Total for 8 games - Tigers - 127 Opp - 72

Total for 6 Wins - Tigers - 98 Opp - 27

Total for 2 Losses - Tigers - 29 Bama - 45

Clemson did not lose a CFP/Natty 2nd half in scoring in any of their 6 victories. That tells me, you better be a 2nd half team.

Message was edited by: saddis56®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly!!!***

Jan 7, 2020, 3:57 PM

Re: Exactly!!!***

Jan 7, 2020, 4:01 PM

We all saw that in the last game we played against these he men. Dropping like flys late in the game. Remember?

Re: Exactly!!!***

Jan 7, 2020, 6:08 PM

Ah ha .... I was going to mention that. I seem to think they may have been trying to slow us down, SEC style (fake injuries), but it seems like there was also a lot of cramping. Regardless it was pretty pitiful.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

both descriptive and inferential***

Jan 7, 2020, 3:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 4:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jan 7, 2020, 4:23 PM

A hog will push a turnip around a field all day long, but it will never eat it.
Words of wisdom...

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jan 7, 2020, 4:58 PM

However, the games were quite different. LSU didn't need to score more in the second half, while Clemson did. If both games were close at half time, that would be more telling, IMHO.

I couldn’t disagree more

Jan 7, 2020, 5:22 PM

my stats show a true apples to apples comparison and the difference is very telling. This one won’t be close, it’s Clemson by a million.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

IGNORANCE IS BLISS...and may lead to wrong conclusions

Jan 7, 2020, 5:55 PM

LSU went to its 4 min offense to eat clock.

LSU had 4 possessions in the 2nd half:

> TD on a 13 play drive

>> missed FG after a long drive

>>> TD on a 9 play drive

>>>> ran the clock out

D played to allow nothing long, gave up TDs on 9 and 13 play drives which also ate clock.

The goal was met, win the game and get out w/o injuries.

Again this board gives limited numbers, then draws irrelevant/erroneous conclusions from them.

Re: IGNORANCE IS BLISS...and may lead to wrong conclusions

Jan 7, 2020, 6:03 PM

Statistic- one out of one LSU fans who post on opposing board cannot detect sarcasm.

Jan 7, 2020, 6:07 PM

Statistic- one out of one LSU fans who post on opposing board cannot detect sarcasm.

FACT: posts on this board are so absurd they always border on sarcasm, except they seem to be taken seriously.

Jan 7, 2020, 6:12 PM

Wait until we start using cryptonic language. So far your poasts have been taken with a grade of slaw. When we get serious you, my friend, will be land blasted .... and rightly so.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shhh don’t tell em!

Jan 7, 2020, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: IGNORANCE IS BLISS...and may lead to wrong conclusions ]

Let them waste their break time at Popeyes posting stats for us...

Contrary to you proving me wrong again and again.

Jan 7, 2020, 6:10 PM [ in reply to IGNORANCE IS BLISS...and may lead to wrong conclusions ]

Surely you can't be this stupid.

We ARE laughing at YOU!

They can be that stupid, they are that stupid

Jan 7, 2020, 6:12 PM

and I'm 100% confident they can be even more stupider than this

Maybe you should take a few plays off

Jan 7, 2020, 6:11 PM [ in reply to IGNORANCE IS BLISS...and may lead to wrong conclusions ]

or just head to whatever remedial LSU message board you mouth breathers like to frequent. You're in over your head, just like the rest of your lugubrious Tigers from Lafayette will be on Monday night.

Jan 7, 2020, 8:41 PM [ in reply to IGNORANCE IS BLISS...and may lead to wrong conclusions ]

You have got to believe nothing you see and less of what you read unless you don't believe its over when it's over or it's not over 'till it's over. Tiger droppings or TigerNet - you're at a fork in the road, take it.

It's like this...

Jan 10, 2020, 12:51 PM [ in reply to IGNORANCE IS BLISS...and may lead to wrong conclusions ]

Re: I couldn’t disagree more

Jan 10, 2020, 12:38 PM [ in reply to I couldn’t disagree more ]

Hey, I'm with you. I hope Clemson wins by 50.

Funny stuff....

Jan 7, 2020, 9:12 PM

And I try to figure out if the serious responses are serious?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2020, 12:49 PM

Our strength and conditioning program Is arguably the best in the country. It will also show on Monday night.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic