Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USA Wins!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

USA Wins!

Jul 7, 2019, 12:58 PM

USA 2 NETH 0!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

super proud of the girls. lavelle is just outstanding

Jul 7, 2019, 1:01 PM

and will be in numerous world cups to come.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USA Wins!

Jul 7, 2019, 1:04 PM

Congrats to the USWNT! World Cup Champions!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 7, 2019, 1:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Jul 7, 2019, 1:11 PM

Congrats to the USWNT! Great win and very happy for them. Can’t imagine what it must be like to have a daughter on that team.

Jul 7, 2019, 5:22 PM

You really don't have to have a daughter to get your
offspring on this team. Under today's liberal values
and new rules..you can have a son who says that he is
a girl and presto..he/she is on the team if the talent
is there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure... ***

Jul 8, 2019, 12:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

was for the netherlands but you tip your cap to the better

Jul 7, 2019, 1:14 PM

team

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: was for the netherlands but you tip your cap to the better

Jul 7, 2019, 6:41 PM

You probably pull for the coots vs us at times too.

Go Tigers!

Jul 7, 2019, 1:15 PM

When's the next game? Dudes look good in Italy! Hopefully they can bring that same camaraderie to the upcoming season!

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon

Oh, my bad

Jul 7, 2019, 1:17 PM

I thought we were talking about basketball, but now I see it's on the football board! 15-0 AGAIN!

USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon

Re: Oh, my bad

Jul 7, 2019, 7:36 PM

I see the high school bully has showed up.

I've been called worse

Jul 8, 2019, 12:24 PM

C'mon "Cmoney", put your money where your mouth is! Join Tnet! Be one of the good guys and be a paying member! You might get a little more respect.

USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon

Jul 7, 2019, 4:16 PM

USA USA USA USA

glad they won,wish they had more respect for the USA***

Jul 7, 2019, 7:25 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: glad they won,wish they had more respect for the USA***

Jul 7, 2019, 7:47 PM

Make 'em go live somewhere else for awhile and they would.

Doubt any of them will ever leave this terrible country to live in a much better one, however.

Jul 7, 2019, 7:59 PM

https://twitter.com/Darny99/status/1147939337230835714

It’s the cool thing to do now

Jul 7, 2019, 7:52 PM [ in reply to glad they won,wish they had more respect for the USA*** ]

Just couldn’t get into it bc of the grandstanding by the team leaders. If you hate the logo on your jersey then I gots no time to waste on ya. The Prez has been nothing but complimentary to this team and they just kept on blasting him in interviews. Uncalled for and unfortunate. And just to preface I’m not even a Trump fan. I’ve been forced to vote for him though because the other side is just irrational and I don’t want this country to trend that direction.

yeah in their position

Jul 7, 2019, 8:02 PM

they need to keep in mind there are kids who look up to them that come from trump families ... rule of thumb is to be diplomatic about it "me personal i will not visit the white house but for my teammates thats their de scion"...instead she had to go "im not going to visit the fing white house" route..its all about how you present it

Re: yeah in their position

Jul 7, 2019, 8:19 PM

The kids dont care about politics. Their nutty parents may care that much, but the kids don't. They just watch soccer and don't hear the rest, nor care.

Jul 7, 2019, 10:26 PM [ in reply to glad they won,wish they had more respect for the USA*** ]

You really think any of those women lack respect for the USA? I don't think you believe that for a minute. IMO, they embody the American Spirit/Pride perfectly. What some call arrogance, would be called confidence if they were men. What some call hate for their country, would be celebrated as standing up for their convictions if it was something you supported. That the greatest nation on earth still refuses to may them the same as men for representing their country on the international stage, is where the real disrespect lies.

if they were men...?

Jul 8, 2019, 8:45 AM

puzzled by the point you're trying to make. if it were men who celebrated the win by choreographing the dropping of the USA Flag to the ground at the victory celebration i'm sure they would be ridiculed the same. The disdain for all things American has no place here and shouldn't be accepted. I know its great to have the right to do so but putting your self indulgent, media warped, pompous politics in front of a great victory on a world stage is wreckless, short sighted, and staining to the moment.

Its unfortunate that the team leader decided to put this stink on the rest of the ladies. I understand there are other ladies who probably don't want to get involved in a political rift and speak up but..its always unfortunate that the loud,crazy,idiots get all the attention when it comes to politics.

Re: if they were men...?

Jul 8, 2019, 10:45 AM

I’ve watched that clip over and over and don’t see anything choreographed about it. I agree, disrespectful to drop the flag on the ground to take part in what appears to be an unrelated cheer/dance/whatever...but I don’t see anything preplanned or malicious about it. Another player swooped in and picked it up. I really think much ado about nothing.

Exactly... unless you have a "choreographed" political slant***

Jul 8, 2019, 12:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could probably find at one 1 person who's politics i dont

Jul 7, 2019, 8:26 PM

agree with on every sports team in the world, including all of our beloved Tiger teams. I have customers who's politics i don't agree with that actually like talking their politics in front of me (something i hate doing myself), but i still treat them the same as any of my other customers. I have friends who's politics i don't agree with, but I'm still friends with them. I have family members who's politics i disagree with but i still love them.

Choosing to pull against an American team in any sport because you disagree with one team member's political views is probably one of the stupidest things I've seen on this board in quite some time.

Re: I could probably find at one 1 person who's politics i dont

Jul 7, 2019, 8:39 PM

Sums it up well.

or maybe...

Jul 8, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to I could probably find at one 1 person who's politics i dont ]

people (like me) were not that interested in wimmin's soccer to begin with and when they heard about the shenanigans were even less interested to invest any time following this team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some have spent plenty of their time making sure

Jul 8, 2019, 9:45 AM

everyone here knows they won't be pulling for the US. To each his own i guess.

YEP!***

Jul 8, 2019, 12:16 PM [ in reply to I could probably find at one 1 person who's politics i dont ]

Jul 8, 2019, 10:59 AM

Wow, really glad Mike Rapinoe got that first goal.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic