Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Uniform numbers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Uniform numbers

Oct 31, 2018, 6:19 AM

Any thoughts as to why we have duplicate numbers for some such as 1,2,3, but no duplicate for 6, 16, or 27 and others?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uniform numbers

Oct 31, 2018, 6:26 AM

Because we didn’t have any players on the opposite side of the ball asking for those numbers?

Not sure what you are looking for here

Ease up fellas. Remember all questions are easy when you

Oct 31, 2018, 8:21 AM

know the answer.

My older sister is a HUGE Clemson fan, and has watched football all her life, but she will occasionally ask about a rule, nuance, etc. that I thought was common/core knowledge. But realize it’s just something she never noticed or considered before.

ijs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

The real question is why don’t we have a 0 and 00***

Oct 31, 2018, 7:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 7:12 AM

kind of new to football? They've been doing that for years and years now.

They used to just assign 1-99 and still sometimes a reserve player would be a duplicate number of one of the starters. Especially at the large football programs that used to carry 100-125 man rosters. Today you can only have 85 scholarship players but not everyone is on a scholly. More players get the number they desire this way as well.

Because there are only 99 numbers available...

Oct 31, 2018, 9:08 AM

and there are over 100 players on the team.

A lot of teams do it and it's fine as long as the two players wearing the same number aren't on the field at the same time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 31, 2018, 10:05 AM

More importantly.... can we get a walk on to wear number 100 to make it easier to know when Dabo has truly cleared the bench at home?

Same should be done for somebody wearing 72 for away ACC games. We should not have to wait until the post game reports to know if we dominated the opponent with just our second string or if the third, fourth and fifth strings got involved too.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic