Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unfortunately I was not able to do this for Muschamp
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,432

Unfortunately I was not able to do this for Muschamp

Nov 18, 2020, 2:37 PM

because he never had a banner. But when Spurrier announced his retirement mid season 2015 or so I went on Ebay that night and pretended to be a member of UofSC athletic department and started an auction to sell the Steve Spurrier banner that was hanging outside W-B stadium. The ad read something like this:

"We wish to thank Coach Spurrier for his time here at USC for raising the football program to historic heights. Now is your chance to own a part of USC history. Good luck on bidding for the banner that now hangs outside Williams-Brice Stadium".

That night I saw a few bids here and there but by the time I woke up the next morning the bidding was over $3,000. I even saw a few posts on FGF about the bidding. What started as a joke ended up sprouting wings and taking flight. I felt a slight panic (LOL) so I contacted Ebay and told them it was a joke and they instructed me how to remove the ad which I did. The Ebay ad disappeared within a few minutes.

I wonder whatever happened to that banner????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The banner's destination ...

Nov 18, 2020, 2:53 PM

I think that is Garcia ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Where are the screenshots?***

Nov 18, 2020, 3:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Where are the screenshots?***

Nov 18, 2020, 4:53 PM

When Ebay removed my ad they also removed everything the ad contained. So I currently have no record of it on my Ebay account.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A screenshot would have been something you did independently

Nov 19, 2020, 12:57 PM

of eBay.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Unfortunately I was not able to do this for Muschamp

Nov 18, 2020, 3:54 PM

I figure the banner was bought by a person with a castle that has tall towers or somebody who lives in a really wide flagpole.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 4:11 PM

I have little doubt the banner resides at Steve Spurrier's house.

Probably in a basement and he rolls it out every night to look at it

Nov 18, 2020, 6:36 PM

I saw Spurrier interviewed on, I believe, the Golf Channel or Feherty. He was asked about the banner and said he was not in favor of it being installed. He seemed a bit embarrassed by it all. Of course, this was after he resigned.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 5:34 PM

I heard that the Mars/M&M company bought it up to use just the middle part of the banner...because, you know, Spurrier was a candy-a@@...

Message was edited by: TwoNats®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,432
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic