Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you were a CFP Selection Member, What 4 Teams Would You Chose Today To Play?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

If you were a CFP Selection Member, What 4 Teams Would You Chose Today To Play?

Sep 16, 2018, 8:26 AM

Me: Not Sure but here goes-

1. Roll Tide Red Elephants
2-4. UGa, OK, Clemson,

Reserves: OHst, PSU, LSU, Some Others.

Who guess You?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you were a CFP Selection Member, What 4 Teams Would You Chose Today To Play?

Sep 16, 2018, 8:30 AM

Based off body of work so far, I'd say Bama UGA LSU Ohio State. I think the eventual one will be one of those three SEC teams, Ohio State or Penn State, us, and a Pac team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you were a CFP Selection Member, What 4 Teams Would You Chose Today To Play?

Sep 16, 2018, 8:33 AM

Same 4 ad last year's CFBP

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, and LSU.

Sep 16, 2018, 8:35 AM

Ohio State and LSU get crushed in the playoffs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, and LSU.

Sep 16, 2018, 3:28 PM

Haha, hate to break it to ya Bub, but Ohio States Defense is as good as Clemson’s and their O is currently operating more efficiently. That QB is legit and they probably have the best pair of RBs in the country. Maybe not best single, but best pair. You Lack a fundamental understanding of college football if you don’t see that.

Sep 16, 2018, 8:36 AM

Bama
UGA
CLEMSON
LSU

Ohio State has repeatedly shown that they continue to be overrated. If you watched the TCU game, the TCU D shut OSU down for a long time, and the TCU D is not even close to CLEMSON's D. CLEMSON would punish OSU - AGAIN!! Leave OSU out of the picture as the BIG 10 is an overrated conference from top to bottom.

Others in the Top Ten:
OU
Auburn
Washington
OSU
PSU
Ok ST

THUGA is not a playoff team.

Sep 16, 2018, 8:39 AM

Alabama will destroy them in Atlanta.

Re: THUGA is not a playoff team.

Sep 16, 2018, 9:43 AM

Doesn't matter if they lose the SEC championship if they are undefeated going into it, they still make the playoff.

Reality is, they are playing better than Clemson right now, play in a tougher conference and are taking care of business against lesser opponents. They should probably be #2 now and if they are competitive but lose the SEC championship they'll drop no lower than #3 (won't be #4 because then they'd play Bama again in 1st round of playoff).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGa is a shadow of last years team. They haven't played a

Sep 16, 2018, 10:27 AM

quality opponent as of yet.

Their defense is not nearly as good, and they lost a lot at RB. UGA will lose two games in the regular season. They will lose at LSU, and likely lose to Auburn again. I think Kentucky will also give them fits.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way does the SECCG loser go to the playoffs.

Sep 16, 2018, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: THUGA is not a playoff team. ]

And no way can they compete for four quarters with the Tigers.

Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee, and South Carolina all shut THUGA out in the fourth quarter.

Re: No way does the SECCG loser go to the playoffs.

Sep 16, 2018, 12:48 PM

Your last sentence is laughable. The fourth quarter, really? after those games were decided and they were playing 2nd and 3rd stringers.

And UGA did beat #23. Granted, the team shouldn't have been rated #23, but they were and UGA throttled them.

If they played today, UGA beats Clemson.

Sep 16, 2018, 8:41 AM

It's a "MOOT" Question. It's only week four!
Why are you in such a hurry to end the season?

^ Leftie...

Sep 16, 2018, 9:31 AM

you r Right, but a Leftie still! Welcome back! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^ Leftie...

Sep 16, 2018, 9:33 AM

I will take that as a compliment!

Sep 16, 2018, 9:39 AM

I agree with your ranknings, although I wouldn't be surprised to see OSU at #4 and Tigers @ #5T.
Clemson is not winning substantially over inferior opponents while the other teams are smacking little programs and solidly defeating big programs.

Ohio St has big problems on defense. They gave up over

Sep 16, 2018, 10:55 AM

500 yards of offense to TCU, and would have lost to TCU without the 3 TO's by TCU, one a pick six. They also benefitted by a ref mistake of giving Ohio State a TD on a recovery in the end zone, when the TV ref for ABC said the call should have been a safety due to the Ohio St. player recovering the ball did so with his foot on the ground outside the back of the endzone.

The Playoff Committee didn't include a Big 10 team last year, and it will come down to the Pac 12 and Big 10 this year as to which conference gets left out. Wisconsin lost yesterday to a non Power 5 BYU. Michigan is a hot mess, Michigan State has already lost. Penn State should have lost to App St. (at home).

Sep 16, 2018, 9:45 AM

Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson

Still too early to really tell though. If I were going by the eye test we would be on the bubble with Oklahoma and LSU. I haven't watched PSU play yet this year.

Sep 16, 2018, 11:23 AM

Not in any order yet:
Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma and Ohio St.

Right now Bama wins it again, but that could change.

Sep 16, 2018, 9:48 AM

Clemson, Wyoming, New Mexico, and North Carolina

My heart would appreciate this in the new year.

Sep 16, 2018, 9:48 AM

Any and all of you who did not put Clemson in the top 4 are idiots...so we got Bama, UGA, Clemson, then who OSU, maybe LSU ...come on, only one of those teams looks better then Clemson at the moment...Stop with this stupid crap about oh the sky is falling, u better look at history with Clemson and Dabo...Go Tigers, beat thehell outta tech...

I'm by no means in the "Sky is Falling" camp

Sep 16, 2018, 11:18 AM

I think we'll be there in the end - likely as a #1 or #2 seed. I'm just saying that based off of the body of work so far, I'd have at least Alabama, LSU, and Ohio State ahead of us. I'd probably put Georgia ahead of us, but that one is more debateable. I think we'd beat Ohio State handily as-is and I like our chances against LSU and Georgia - especially with progression of our offense. If our offense can progress, then we've got a good shot at Bama. They look pretty dang good right now and I'm not sure how anyone can rank us ahead of them at the moment. They do have a tougher schedule, though - so it's possible that we would end up as the 1 seed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 11:13 AM

From what I've seen so far:
1. Alabama
2. Oklahoma
3. Clemson
4. Georgia

Bama, LSU, Clemson, Ohio St***

Sep 16, 2018, 11:15 AM

Sep 16, 2018, 12:49 PM

1) Alabama
2) Georgia
3) Clemson
4) Ohio State

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, and Oklahoma.

Sep 16, 2018, 4:03 PM

Gotta win your conference or shut that trap!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic