Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tucker Carlson On BLM
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Tucker Carlson On BLM

Jun 11, 2020, 6:56 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7aQ02YX7qo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tucker Carlson On BLM

Jun 12, 2020, 6:40 AM

Ah, Tucker Carlson. In the words of John Oliver: If the sound "thud" was a face.

Of course, if you want to see how this went over, look no further than the advertisers. He lost over a dozen of them with this particularly tone-deaf take, including T-Mobile and Disney. That's in addition to the 20+ he lost in prior comments about migrants making American "poorer" and "dirtier".
https://deadline.com/2020/06/tucker-carlson-loses-advertisers-fox-news-black-lives-matters-protest-stance-1202956176/

But hey. At least the MyPillow guy is going to ride or die to the very end.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 6:52 AM

On a side note, supposedly all of the MyPillow merchandise sucks. I have never bought any of their merchandise, but it's all supposedly kind of a sham. The guy is supposedly worth 300 million though. Good for him.

Jun 12, 2020, 7:01 AM

What, are you saying an unethical businessman who makes shoddy, defective merchandise that is far more a product of hype and self-promotion than reality is a diehard Trump supporter?

No. No way, no how.

Jun 12, 2020, 7:03 AM

Sums him up. Similar to our president in a way.

Jun 12, 2020, 7:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Carlson On BLM ]

His ratings are through the roof. 5.9mm one night last week. Just because your favorite pundits are in the gutter, you don’t have to be so butt hurt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 7:27 AM

I realize that was directed at quozzel. Anyway, I personally agree with Tucker much of the time. I agreed with his comments on the southern border. That said, I wonder how he will adapt his show if he has sponsorship issues. Thats all the really matters to the network is the money they bring in of course.

One day our kids are going to laugh at us

Jun 12, 2020, 7:40 AM

for Cancel Culture. Tucker can just move to another platform and make money there, its not that hard these days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He should. Just like Bill "Who?" O'Reilly***

Jun 12, 2020, 8:58 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Also, have you seen the Lara Logan

Jun 12, 2020, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Carlson On BLM ]

show on Fox Nation? She is good and very balanced. I cant believe they hired or, or that she would work for Fox.

And she is hot.

Re: Also, have you seen the Lara Logan

Jun 12, 2020, 8:04 AM

show on Fox Nation? She is good and very balanced. I cant believe they hired or, or that she would work for Fox.

And she is hot.

Logan's that South African - LOL - journalist who keeps getting punk'd by Antifa. They're just winding her up at this point.

If she's your version of moderate, I'd hate to see your conservatives. Most white South Africans are the descendants of blond supermen who looked like Hitler recruiting posters; they waded onto the Dark Continent back in the day with knives and flintlocks and pretty much broke it to their will. They are not, uhm...particularly empathetic human beings, for the most part. And their problems with "systemic racism" make America's seem kind of...precious.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lara-logan-the-fox-nation-investigative-journalist-who-keeps-falling-for-antifa-hoaxes

Way to cast general dispersions about a race of people.

Jun 12, 2020, 8:55 AM

What's the word for that again???

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Jun 12, 2020, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Also, have you seen the Lara Logan ]

Wow Quozzel. That is super racist. If I sponsored you I would pull my sponsorship.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 9:32 AM

As a fellow white person, I am comfortable labeling South Africans, collectively, some of the most heartless and racist - and often, misogynistic - people I have ever encountered. Hoo-ah, baby. I had a conversation a couple times with this one guy in particular in college; he was a little older than most of us because he'd done his mandatory two years in the military in SA, and he liked to regale us with tales of his "kaffir patrol" - the SA version of the "n-word" - that he and his unit used to do, where they go out into the streets with clubs and law down some law on black people who were in the wrong neighborhoods. Great fella.

I'm sure there are some "woke" ones. I just personally haven't met any. Charlize Theron seems to be on board with a lot of trendy causes, and she did this anti-rape commercial in South Africa in 1999 that garnered her so much hate a lot of South Africans literally treat her to this very day in much the same way Vietnam Vets regard "Hanoi" Jane Fonda for taking photos with VC fighters back in 'Nam. Pure hate and vitriol.

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/charlize-theron-south-africa-gender-violence-video/

Jun 12, 2020, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Carlson On BLM ]

His ratings are through the roof. 5.9mm one night last week. Just because your favorite pundits are in the gutter, you don’t have to be so butt hurt.

Who's butt hurt?

(Hey, I figured out you can push that "quote original" button multiple times. Cool!)

Jun 12, 2020, 7:42 AM

Ignore is a beautiful, maybe the only one, aspect of this site.

Jun 12, 2020, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Carlson On BLM ]

Maddow/Lemon etc say ridiculous and patently untrue things every night yet no advertiser exodus. Its almost like the cancel culture only works in one direction. Imagine thwt

Losing sponsors isn't what it used to be. Anyone that isn’t

Jun 12, 2020, 7:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Carlson On BLM ]

toeing the correct political line is losing sponsors.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 7:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Carlson On BLM ]

Jealousy doesn’t look good on you.

What was "tone deaf"?

Jun 12, 2020, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Tucker Carlson On BLM ]

I don't think that term applies to someone who absolutely disagrees with a movement. I think of "tone deaf" of when you're trying to say the right thing and screw it up. He's not "tone deaf"...he's "wrong." Or at least I think you believe he's wrong.

Of course, his losing of a dozen sponsors only validates his comments on the topic. Presumably he says things that are of comparable mindset every day on his show (or whenever it's on), but he's still sponsored...until he questions the goals and motivations of the BLM movement. Because complete submission is required, as he said.

I have seen a lot more of Tucker Carlson lately due to matters outside of my control. I am actually more impressed than I expected to be. My impression of him comes from the Jon Stewart interview, where I thought Jon Stewart brought up some good points but if Tucker Carlson hadn't been caught sleeping, he should have easily eviscerated a man who hides behind the "comedy show" label whenever it suited him. But he didn't, and I thought he looked weak and amateurish. He's polished up a good bit since then, in my opinion. Still not a great interviewer...contrived and leading. But I like ditching the bow tie schtick and presenting yourself a bit more seriously and a bit less "folksy". Obviously he's completely biased and partisan, so I judge him in that context.

null

Well, that answers the question of

Jun 12, 2020, 8:53 AM

who the #### is watching Tucker ####### Carlson

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Wonder who the other 5,899,999 are?***

Jun 12, 2020, 8:56 AM

ACTUALLY IT LOOKS LIKE HIS VIEWERSHIP IS 5.9mm

Jun 12, 2020, 8:57 AM

which is just under 1/4".

I misread it as 5.9 million.

Oh, no doubt!

Jun 12, 2020, 9:03 AM

And millions of people drink Bud Light, eat McDonald's, and watch The Bachelor.

Tons of people love crap. I just have no idea who they are.

- Jonathan Swift

Re: Oh, no doubt!

Jun 12, 2020, 9:04 AM

spooneye® said:

And millions of people drink Bud Light, eat McDonald's, and watch The Bachelor.

Tons of people love crap. I just have no idea who they are.

Maybe you should watch... You might learn a thing or two

Jun 12, 2020, 9:06 AM

Well obviously you can't know something's crap until you try it. I've tried it.

Remember way back in the day when he was one half of Crossfire on CNN, before Jon Stewart blew it up?

- Jonathan Swift

Jun 12, 2020, 9:14 AM

Well at least you tried watching and made your own opinion. I see too many people nowadays that just brush it off as "conservative television" and don't even watch.

Jun 12, 2020, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh, no doubt! ]

Yeah, Stewart just completely ate his lunch. Some of the most epic television ever...and Good God, was Stewart ever dead-on. And we should have listened to him harder.

I hear Carlson still has nightmares over this. He wandered in the wilderness for a good long while after CNN pulled the show...because of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE

Jun 12, 2020, 9:53 AM

quozzel said:

Yeah, Stewart just completely ate his lunch. Some of the most epic television ever...and Good God, was Stewart ever dead-on. And we should have listened to him harder.

I hear Carlson still has nightmares over this. He wandered in the wilderness for a good long while after CNN pulled the show...because of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE

Personally I don't see him eating Tucker Carlson's "lunch" in that segment. He came onto Tucker's show, made fun of his bow tie, lost his cool and called him a ####, and said that they didn't have an honest TV show.

I mean that was pretty much it.

The segment where Tucker brought up John Stewart's show and Stewart shot back saying he's comparing a show on CNN to a comedy show was pretty funny.

However, I think it's a tad disingenuous for him to say that you can't take his show seriously because it's more of a comedy show. I mean he had presidential candidates on his show and all he did was ask fluff questions to Kerry.

How can you come on somebodies show and call them partisan hacks, but you have the same people on your show and you prove to be a partisan hack. And his excuse was because it is in part a comedy show. It is also in part a political show as well.

Jun 12, 2020, 10:11 AM

The difference is that he's not pretending to be a journalist.

We're allowed to have opinions. The problem he was pointing to is punditry.

Hannity, for instance, isn't a journalist. He's just an opinion guy - exactly like Stewart - but he presents what he does as news, like he's a news anchor...and through this filter is how people absorb their news.

Carlson - almost alone among the night-time Fox anchors - is actually a journalist; he actually started as a fact-checker for Policy Review...which is why it's ironic that he has become the poster boy for partisanship.

But he's not alone. You look at a lot of MSNBC or CNN anchors and they've blurred the lines between punditry - opinion-pushing - and journalism as well...and while CNN doesn't have Fox News's dismal relationship with fact-checking they've blown a few of their own as well. And media observers have noticed. Check out this CNN review by mediabiasfactcheck.com, for instance - which rates CNN with a heavy "left-partisan" lean and dings them on fact-checks as well:
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/

Now contrast that, to say, PBS, which has a slight left bias rating, though it's far closer to dead center.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/pbs-news-hour/

To me, it'd be worth a gander at a PBS segment just to see the difference...the thing that jumps out at me are the lack of leading headlines or heated invective in the reporting. We need to get a lot back to more of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT3XJ_X8MTU

Jun 12, 2020, 10:25 AM

People should watch PBS instead of CNN, and people should eat real food instead of McDonald's.
But people like what they like, and they often don't care about genuine quality.

- Jonathan Swift

That's why PBS is PBS and FOX is a multimedia giant.

Jun 12, 2020, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh, no doubt! ]

Honesty and rationality don't sell.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh, no doubt! ]

I don't know. Tucker is obviously a conservative but I have seen him call Trump out many times. He has also called out Lindsay Graham, and multiple other conservatives.

I don't watch the show very often, so I'm not as informed as others.

Jun 12, 2020, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh, no doubt! ]

That's what passes for intelligent discourse on the left these days. Well that and molotov cocktails.

You realize just how bad cable news is when people start

Jun 12, 2020, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh, no doubt! ]

equating it with the Daily Show on Comedy Central. It's not that the Daily Show rises to the level of journalism, it's that the supposed "news" you find on Fox is comparable to programming on a comedy channel.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic