Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump won 45% of the Hispanic vote in Nevada?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Trump won 45% of the Hispanic vote in Nevada?

Feb 24, 2016, 10:36 AM

So... Um.... Yeah Trump is going to win easily now. I will never make a prediction about politics again because I have no idea what the heck is going on anymore.

At this point I'm just going to buy a bunch of guns and ammo in case Hillary gets elected and build a hiding spot for my Muslim friends if Donald Trump gets elected. Back in the day, I was extremely lucky to be born in the United States of America. Now? We had a good run.

Hillary Clinton's real slogan should be I'm with her...against him,... unless he's black.
And Donald Trump's slogan should be make America hate again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump won 45% of the Hispanic vote in Nevada?

Feb 24, 2016, 10:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2016, 10:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PRO TIP: Never invite a muslim to your bomb shelter***

Feb 24, 2016, 10:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: PRO TIP: Never invite a muslim to your bomb shelter***

Feb 24, 2016, 10:58 AM

Pro tip, never invite a redneck to anywhere that requires pants.

I know you were trying to be funny, but that was a swing

Feb 24, 2016, 11:02 AM

and a miss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too bad you ducked...***

Feb 24, 2016, 11:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It just wasn't funny, I'm sorry. You guys can point each

Feb 24, 2016, 11:14 AM

other and have a little JO sesh if you want though. There are ample amounts of redneck jokes that are funny, this is not one.

You are not the authority on funny redneck jokes.

Feb 24, 2016, 11:55 AM

I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

Would that be like asking a black guy what his favorite

Feb 24, 2016, 11:56 AM

black joke is?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't calling me a redneck fly in the face of your desire

Feb 24, 2016, 12:15 PM

to not offend anyone?

You already admitted to seeing no problem with

Feb 24, 2016, 12:39 PM

blackface, so I guess a spade's a spade?

So you're just a hypocrite then?***

Feb 24, 2016, 12:45 PM

I'm just posting in an internet forum.***

Re: Would that be like asking a black guy what his favorite

Feb 24, 2016, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Would that be like asking a black guy what his favorite ]

wanna have JO sesh?

I think that's illegal under SC law.***

Feb 24, 2016, 12:22 PM

Re: I think that's illegal under SC law.***

Feb 24, 2016, 12:25 PM

I will just have to beat it on the state house steps then.

Actually, I am. Sorry to disappoint. Good day sir***

Feb 24, 2016, 12:16 PM [ in reply to You are not the authority on funny redneck jokes. ]

Re: You are not the authority on funny redneck jokes.***

Feb 24, 2016, 12:35 PM [ in reply to You are not the authority on funny redneck jokes. ]

Feb 24, 2016, 11:02 AM

Trump doesn't promote hate.

He promotes common sense.....

Until ISIS is defeated no Muslims should be allowed to enter the country...

Common sense.

Illegal immigrants are pouring across the border bringing violence and destroying our economy so let's do something to permanently keep them out....

Common sense.

His statement that "blacks could be just as well off as whites if they tried harder" is SPOT ON....sorry if this offends some people. I had plenty of black friends at school growing up. They had the same opportunities I had but the majority of them sagged their pants, had no respect for authority and could care less about making good grades and getting to college. You reap what you sow.

The black community should recognize this (some of them do) and stop making excuses and blaming everybody else for their problems.

Common sense.....

I watched an African American minister on CNN yesterday support Trump and guarantee he would be the republican nominee so some of us do have common sense....

Correct. Your kind of 'sense' seems very 'common'...***

Feb 24, 2016, 11:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you decide which immigrants are Muslim?

Feb 24, 2016, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump won 45% of the Hispanic vote in Nevada? ]

Mohammad? Never heard of him. Visa, please.

wut?

Feb 24, 2016, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump won 45% of the Hispanic vote in Nevada? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I think you have the concept of "common sense" confused with

Feb 24, 2016, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump won 45% of the Hispanic vote in Nevada? ]

"saying something stupid, but being confident about it."

Anyone who says that all Muslims should be banned because of the existence of ISIS (95% of their murders being perpetrated against Muslims) is using the same logic that anti- gun people use when they say nobody should own guns because there are a few schools shooters.

I wouldn't expect a Trump supporter to be able to think about things like that... but it's there for anyone else to see.

Re: I think you have the concept of "common sense" confused with

Feb 24, 2016, 12:03 PM

Apples to oranges.

The ban on Muslims would be temporary until the situation was under control and the system improved.

How do you decide which immigrants are Muslim?***

Feb 24, 2016, 12:04 PM

I think the old "throw em in a pond" technique would be

Feb 24, 2016, 12:05 PM

utilized. If they sink, not a Muslim.

I predict he can't answer your question.***

Feb 24, 2016, 12:22 PM [ in reply to How do you decide which immigrants are Muslim?*** ]

I think you confuse the phrase "apples to oranges" with

Feb 24, 2016, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I think you have the concept of "common sense" confused with ]

"I have no idea how to respond to that."

It's the same thing. And belching cliches at me doesn't solve your hypocrisy.

One could easily say, "Until mass shootings are down, we need a temporary ban on all guns."

If you can't think, at least be honest.

Are this condescending in real life, or just on here?

Feb 24, 2016, 12:13 PM

I thought it was an act just for me; turns out it's for everyone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You really think you are immune to that same question?

Feb 24, 2016, 12:21 PM

I can easily find examples.

Either way, being a jerk isn't as bad as calling for the inhumane treatment of a billion people because of their religion. Furthermore, being a hypocrite sucks pretty hard too.

Who is calling for the inhumane treatment of a billion

Feb 24, 2016, 12:23 PM

people? When did this happen?

Re: Who is calling for the inhumane treatment of a billion

Feb 24, 2016, 12:34 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_world

And we are still talking about Trump.

He wants to set up a database and legally force Muslims to be registered because of their religion.
He wants to ban all Muslims from traveling to the US based on their religion.
He has said that an effective way to fight terrorism is to murder MUslim POWs with bullets dipped in pig's blood.
He has said that the US should put all mosques under government surveillance.
All of these things has led to a 1000% increase in random acts of violence against American Muslims.

He's a demagogue, clearly.

Your definition of inhumane and mine are a lot different

Feb 24, 2016, 12:38 PM

I would consider inhumane to be rounding them up and sending them to concentration camps, or something similar.

It's not a bad idea to keep an eye on mosques, I don't necessarily have evidence, but I bet 99% of them aren't nearly as 'moderate' as people want to believe.

Inhumane is to treat a person like they are not as much of a

Feb 24, 2016, 12:41 PM

person as you. Which you clearly advocate.

And you need to flush out all your opinions that have no evidence. There is a reason that evidence matters.

I think there's plenty of evidence out there to show

even so called 'moderate' muslims are much more extreme than we'd like to believe, I just don't feel like linking it at this time. You can research it though. It's not about treating a person like they are less than me, it's about using my brain and recognizing potential threats.

You have no evidence and you know it. You want to believe it

Feb 24, 2016, 12:47 PM

and you are the type of person who doesn't have a high enough standards for your beliefs to confirm anything. People like that are attracted to demagogues, like Trump. You are just part of the latest crop that history has warned us about.

lol, this must be what ineligible was talking about

Feb 24, 2016, 12:51 PM

Evidence abounds, just look at what happens where ever they go and reach a large enough population. Trouble follow suite rather quickly. Europe is being over-run by them, it's a pretty big problem. The cultures simply don't mesh.

Continue thinking you're smarter than everyone though, I know you'll never admit you're wrong.

Here you go:
https://youtu.be/bV710c1dgpU

I've posted this before, and I know you'll dismiss it as one video, but even if I were able to find 100 it wouldn't matter, you've got your mind made up.

Since I don't want to hamper your opportunity to make your

Feb 24, 2016, 1:05 PM

point loud and clear. Please explain, in your own words, how the video you just posted, should convince anyone that...

"there's plenty of evidence out there to show even so called 'moderate' muslims are much more extreme than we'd like to believe"

Also let me know if you dispute any of the following facts
There are 1.6 billion Muslims.
over 95% of all Islamic extremist violence is aimed at Muslims
In the last 10 years the overwhelming majority of ISIS/Al Qaeda killed were done by Muslims fighting them.

I've made my point loud and clear, and have done so many

Feb 24, 2016, 1:15 PM

times. You're pointing to the fact that statistically speaking, muslims mostly kill other muslims, as if that's some sort of confirmation of your point, which is laughable.

Tell me this, is there a majority muslim country out there with civil rights that are up to your standards?

I'm shocked you passed on the chance to explain.

Feb 24, 2016, 1:25 PM

And the point I made with the stats is that it makes no logical sense to think that a huge number of Muslims support ISIS when ISIS is focusing on killing other Muslims BECAUSE THEY DON'T SUPPORT THEM.

Also Muslims doing most of the work to fight ISIS also demonstrates they probably don't support the group they are trying to kill.

How is that not obvious? Who is locked in to their world view? You have no evidence, I have some... and you are unmoved.

And nice attempt to change the subject with your last question. The subject is the support level for extremists among Muslims. Of course you are doing poorly so you want to bring up an easier topic.

That's like saying the Crips are OK because they fight

Feb 24, 2016, 1:36 PM

with the Bloods, it's a stupid premise to begin with. You haven't presented any evidence to the contrary of my opinion, you've just insinuated that support for ISIS is the basis for extremism.

I'm not attempting to change the subject with my last question, I'm just illustrating that you're thinking naively about islam as a whole. Can you even answer the question?

Re: That's like saying the Crips are OK because they fight

Feb 24, 2016, 1:41 PM

Crips and Bloods are both gangs that behave the same way.

Are you so completely ignorant of the Islamic World that you think regular Muslims and ISIS are comparable to Crips and Bloods?

By comparing regular Muslims with ISIS, you are essentially saying they are all terrorists who put people in cages and burn them.

That's insane. It is a total joke that someone so thoroughly ignorant has the nerve to call someone else naive. Look, you and I both know you have no decent education about the Islamic World. You get your info from conservative sources and you never had any interest to understand people who believe differently than you. You had a chance to make a point, and you had nothing to say, because your opinions on this matter are based in garbage.

God you are dense, my point was basically that the enemy

Feb 24, 2016, 1:54 PM

Of my enemy isn't necessarily my friends. Don't get worked up about it, you just can't refute my point, nor answer the question I posed. Evidentially your basis of extremism is burning people in cages, where as my threshold is much lower.

You have no idea how educated I am about the Islamic world, you just assume you're he authority on it and anyone who differs is wrong. You have posted zero substance in this exchange to refute anything I've said.

I think the term is "deliberately obtuse".

Feb 24, 2016, 2:44 PM

It's yet another subtle from of redirection; Contiuum fallacy.

The next time you read me telling someone how dumb they

Feb 24, 2016, 12:31 PM [ in reply to You really think you are immune to that same question? ]

are and how smart I am, let me know.

You mean like what Trump does every 5 minutes?

Feb 24, 2016, 12:40 PM

The thread you are whining about, by the way, has no examples of me calling myself smart or you dumb. I merely said you didn't know what you were talking about in that particular topic. Just because that makes you upset doesn't mean you are not also often condescending. In fact, you initiated the condescension with me.

Add to that, you lied in a thread. I pointed it out and you didn't even bother acknowledging it.

No, I mean what you imply in almost every post I've read by

Feb 24, 2016, 12:55 PM

you.

And what have I lied to you about?

Your replies to me have included:

"What a colossally idiotic statement you made there"

"Doubt very seriously you can give me a history lesson."

"Most people I discuss this topic with know more than I. You don't. Not a big deal."

And more recently to others:

"If you can't think, at least be honest. "

"You are just part of the latest crop that history has warned us about."

You don't gather condescension from those?

Easy....

Feb 24, 2016, 1:21 PM

You were attempting to discredit me to someone else. You lied, I pointed it out, you never acknowledged it. I have not done the same to you.

Completely Solid Orange thinks we're about to go into WW3 over Turkey.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19053486

You were the first one to be condescending in that thread as well.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19047025

And did you notice that one of your quotes involves me saying that most people I discuss that topic with know more than I do?

Well, you read the title of this and tell me what you see.

Feb 24, 2016, 1:47 PM

Its the first post of your WW3 saga.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19034972

And what's the conclusion any normal person would draw from this statement?

Conclusion: If Turkey invades Syria, which they are preparing to do rhetorically and physically over the last week, they will inevitably be in conflict with Russia. We are NATO allies with Turkey. Russia has nukes... we have nukes. Yay.

Looks like you are making a comparison to being in Turkey and starting WW3. Look man, I can't help it if you are a drama queen and want to blow stuff out of proportion.

And one quote out of 5? That's 20%. That leaves 80% of the remaining that you are being a condescending #######. 80% seems like a majority to me.

As far as not replying--well, yeah. I read it, and just kinda went on with my life. It wasn't that important to answer, but if you want to cry about it, go ahead. I don't respond to every accusation or poost, especially from someone who is a condescending ####### in 80% of his posts.

You just provided more evidence that you are dishonest.

Feb 24, 2016, 2:00 PM

Here is the spin you are trying at this point...

You claim you legitimately believed I was predicting WW3 because of how you interpreted another post in another thread because it seems to imply it.

That would be an adequate escape if not for the following....

In the very same thread that you participated in I made the following posts BEFORE you claimed I was predicting WW3...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19046783
Specifically stated I was not doing so

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19047901
Re-stated what my thesis was, which was not predicting the U.S. in WW3

And if you needed any further evidence here is a post in the other thread that you claimed you got your perception that I was predicting ww3...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19035901

First sentence?

I'm not predicting WW3. We are just closer to it at this moment than any time in the last 40 or 50 years.

You were dishonest. It's not the end of the world, but there it is.

Re: You just provided more evidence that you are dishonest.

Feb 24, 2016, 2:02 PM

Feb 24, 2016, 2:03 PM

LOL The first 3 worked but the last one made me angry again.***

Feb 24, 2016, 2:04 PM

Is it because the husband is a different color than the wife?

Feb 24, 2016, 2:05 PM

haha***

Feb 24, 2016, 2:06 PM

Ok, so I am clear about this....

Feb 24, 2016, 2:35 PM [ in reply to You just provided more evidence that you are dishonest. ]

In your first post, you weren't saying we were in danger of entering WW3 (as you actually inferred)? But then later, in your 2nd post, you STILL weren't saying it, but you were just saying we were really close? Is that what you are attempting to get across now?

If so, what point, are you really trying to make?

And as you accused me earlier of dismissing your accusation (I did), my original assertion in this thread isn't about you predicting WW3 (and you really did, but then later backpedaled)-nice attempted redirection, BTW.

My assertion is that you were being condescending throughout all of it, and furthermore in most of your posts.

And you are/were.

And even before you reply with some other redirection

Feb 24, 2016, 2:51 PM

Yes, I f'ed up the italics.

And since this is long since past the point that I actually give a #### about this argument, please feel free to have the last word here as I know how much it means to you.

Yours truly,

IE

OK, my take

Feb 24, 2016, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump won 45% of the Hispanic vote in Nevada? ]

1) "Trump Doesn't Promote Hate"
He calls political opponents "#######" in front of everyone, pandering to the hate and vitriol of his supporters. He calls any siginificant portion of illegal immigrants "rapists", again in front of everyone. He openly micks a disabled reporter, again in front of everyone. Of course i have a problem will all of these in principle, but even moreover the complete and total lack of discretion about what he says and where is alarming.

2) "Until ISIS is defeated no Muslims should be allowed to enter the country..."
If we ever manage to defeat ISIS (side question, how do you ever claim to 'defeat' a group as nebulous as this without openly realizing another group will pop up in their absence) then why do you think it any safer to bring in Muslim immigrants? Defeat ISIS? OK, the sentiment among some portion of Muslim's will still be 'death to America'. This will not change. But even moreover, what litmus test do you plan to put into place to make sure that muslim's don't enter America. It seems to me youa re relying on them not lying which clearly is an absurd standard to believe feasible.

3) "Blacks could be just as well off as whites if they tried harder"
OK, I get that reasonable people can disagree about what to do about the state of equality in this country (equality of opportunity). But I cannot imagine anyone actually believing that every racial group has the same actual tangible opportunity right now. OF COURSE you will point to outliers and say "look, that black guy did good, so all should be able to", but truth is statistics simply don't bear that out.

4) "I watched an African American minister on CNN yesterday support Trump"
More power to him. I don't understand his view, just as he no doubt probably doesn't get mine. But 1 black minister doesn't make some groundswell of support for a blowhard narcissist who openly mocks folks with who he disagrees.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean

Feb 24, 2016, 12:06 PM

45% of the 10 Hispanics that showed up for the republican caucus right?

GO TIGERS!!

LOL yeah, it was only 8%. Still though, I'm surprised.***

Feb 24, 2016, 12:13 PM

Feb 24, 2016, 2:41 PM

Trump won 45% of the GOP Hispanic vote. Important clarification.

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic