Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump commutes Roger Stone sentence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Trump commutes Roger Stone sentence

Jul 11, 2020, 1:17 PM

"Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying to shield that very president.

— Mitt Romney (@MittRomney) July 11, 2020"

The people he's pardoned and the crimes they committed, this from the "Law and Order" President:

Lying about contacts involving a man, Julian Assange, who served as a conduit for Russia’s interference in the 2016 U.S. election and who is currently under indictment (Stone)

Three war crimes, including two murders (Clint Lorance)

Murder (Michael Behenna)

Alleged murder (Mathew Golsteyn)

Arson that burned 139 acres of federal land (Steven and Dwight Hammond)

Corruptly trying to sell a U.S. Senate seat for personal gain (Blagojevich)

Using his high profile after the 9/11 attacks to commit tax fraud (Kerik)

Refusing a judge’s order to stop detaining people suspected of being undocumented immigrants (Arpaio)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lots of jimmies rustled***

Jul 11, 2020, 1:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lots of jimmies rustled***

Jul 12, 2020, 12:56 PM

If Obama had commuted Chelsea Manning's, wait... never mind

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lutz.***

Jul 11, 2020, 1:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if Mitt Romney says so

Jul 11, 2020, 1:33 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s an honorable man.***

Jul 11, 2020, 3:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And that's a real problem for current White House leadership

Jul 11, 2020, 8:47 PM

They wouldn't know a real man unless said man forcibly inserted his pekkker down their retarded throat.

Obama’s long lists.....

Jul 11, 2020, 1:55 PM

Any comments, FeeLicks?

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/obama-commutations

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/obama-pardons

the argument is going to be...

Jul 11, 2020, 2:02 PM

drug conviction vs. lying to Congress, which even on it's own, is a ridiculous argument.

However, I would be really interested on the life sentences Obama commuted. Surely these weren't first time offenders.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t forget the witness tampering.***

Jul 11, 2020, 3:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...all in order to shield the president

Jul 11, 2020, 3:14 PM

trying to compare this to anything Obama did is pretty ridiculous, but expected.

The '3-strikes prosecutions' were severely misused to feed

Jul 12, 2020, 11:37 AM [ in reply to the argument is going to be... ]

the privatized prison complex... Non-violent drug offenses were a major contributor.

Certain violent crimes shouldn't even get 3.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obama’s long lists.....

Jul 11, 2020, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Obama’s long lists..... ]

Careful there, Felix ain't gonna like be challenged by facts!!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump commutes Roger Stone sentence

Jul 11, 2020, 4:47 PM

“Lying about contacts involving a man, Julian Assange, who served as a conduit for Russia’s interference in the 2016 U.S. election and who is currently under indictment (Stone)”

Did you just make this up yourself? Assange himself said that Russia wasn’t his source. Just make up whatever you want CNN.

I guess Hillary’s contacts with Christopher Steele not a problem for you?

That’s what I hate about liberals. The blatant hypocrisy about EVERYTHING!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good as long as it...

Jul 11, 2020, 5:26 PM

give the ducks something to quack about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm good as long as it...

Jul 11, 2020, 8:20 PM

We got another 3-4 months of this grifter. I hope the Dems have the balls (I doubt they do) to prosecute him after he's out of office).

American is not a chithole nation.

Jul 11, 2020, 8:34 PM

We don't imprison ex presidents. Perhaps you'd be happier in South America, Africa or somewhere in Asia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: American is not a chithole nation.

Jul 11, 2020, 8:54 PM

No, but we imprison chithole criminals.

Maybe Biden will commute his sentence.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

He won't have to

Jul 11, 2020, 9:19 PM

Mark this down:

November 4, 2020

"After a historic and humiliating loss yesterday in the 2020 presidential election, Donald John Trump resigned from the presidency today. In his first official act after being sworn in, President Michael Q. Pence issued a wide-sweeping and long-worded pardon for former President Trump that included every crime in the US Code."

It doesn't solve the problems in NY state. The investigations that have been in the news recently, plus a dormant investor fraud case against Ivanka and Don Jr.

Re: He won't have to

Jul 12, 2020, 11:55 AM

Just my own opinion, but I think he's unlikely to do that.

Trump is as disorganized an offender as they come, and while this would be a devious move, this would also be the move of a highly organized offender who has reality clear in his head, which Trump does not.

Trump also doesn't trust anybody. In order to do this he'd have to first cede agency to a lawyer who could advise him on how exactly to word a given pardon, which he won't do (since it involves telling the whole truth to his lawyer, which he literally can't do because it's never clear even in his own head), and then trusting that lawyer and doing exactly what the guy tells him to do (which again, he's incapable of doing), and then it would also involve trusting Pence to uphold his end. Trump's a sociopathic control freak; he's not constitutionally capable of doing that either.

More likely he's going to do what he's always done - deny everything, keep the truth to himself, and brazen it out.

That's the thing that makes me think he'll literally fight to the bitter end and probably well past that. His inability to grasp reality or cede control means he literally has no other moves in his repertoire.

Re: He won't have to

Jul 12, 2020, 11:58 AM

Re: American is not a chithole nation.

Jul 12, 2020, 12:09 PM [ in reply to American is not a chithole nation. ]

No, no, no. That's what you tell yourself because it's how you justify the fact that Trump hasn't gone after Obama or Hillary. It's not that Trump or Bill Barr didn't have anything on them, you say, it's that Trump was too good a guy and too principled to do that.

I say: bull. And I'm literally laughing in your face at that notion.

If Trump was committing crimes while he was in office, those crimes are going to come out...and then either at the Federal or more likely the local level, he's going to be prosecuted for them. And without the power of the presidency behind him, he's going to jail. Exactly like his mentor Roy Cohn, he'll get away with it...right up until the moment he doesn't. And there's signs all over the place Trump is rapidly running out of moves.

The SDNY is going to hit Trump with about ten different subpoenas the day he leaves office. Which is exactly why Trump officially changed his residence to Florida, because their state AG is a lot less likely to go after him. It's not going to save him. Trump would need a second term to run out the statute of limitations on a lot of his legal concerns and he isn't going to get it.

The thing Trump (and his supporters) do not understand is: this isn't just political, it's also highly personal. I myself will loathe and despise Trump long after he leaves office and wish him every ill...and so will the more than 50% of the country that "strongly disapproves" of him. He's like a particularly loathesome Internet troll that moved in and inflicted himself on everybody for years, and then can't understand why people still despise him even years later, it's like: gosh, people, why so serious? I was just joking. You people can't take a joke. Gosh, you're a bunch of Nancies.

Nope. Those enemies still exist and they will never, ever forget. Or forgive.

Trump worked really hard to earn himself enemies in his time as president. And what the nimrod doesn't understand is those enemies will still remain enemies long after the power that he's using to hold them at bay is gone.

And then those enemies will come for him...mob him like pack of wolves, and make an example of him, and that example will be: THIS is the narcissistic fool who thought he was bigger than the law, bigger than his country, bigger than even the notion of decency.

I know you don't get it - but there are still people who believe in the concepts of truth and justice, the notion that the law rules us all and ultimately we are all equal before it. And they're going to have their say. The truth will out, eventually. It always does.

And one way or another, Trump will answer for what he's done.

Therapy.***

Jul 12, 2020, 12:12 PM

T-Rump would be THE classic case for it...

Jul 12, 2020, 12:37 PM

https://www.onlinepersonalitytests.org/narcissist-definition-9-signs/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: T-Rump would be THE classic case for it...

Jul 12, 2020, 12:41 PM

Considering the exorbitant cost increases in healthcare over

Jul 12, 2020, 12:59 PM

the last couple of decades and being self-employed, I appreciate Obama's ACA strictly by the number$... Other than that, little affect.

T-Rump's minor tax cuts (for me) were nice, but again, little affect. If he had just kept quiet behind the scenes, implemented a national plan for Covid, let the professionals work it out, and quit being so divisive in his 'twatting', I'd have a different opinion. Unfortunately,...NO!

The way I see it, like almost all politicians, his only mandate was to get re-elected... Everything else was passe...

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic