Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Really expected our tight ends to be a strength this year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 517

Really expected our tight ends to be a strength this year.

Sep 29, 2014, 1:37 PM

That's probably the biggest surprise of the season so far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really expected our tight ends to be a strength this year.

Sep 29, 2014, 1:40 PM

If we had someone like Allen or Ford it would help. We are far from that level right now

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

other receivers are a pleasant surprise, wouldn't you say?

Sep 29, 2014, 1:41 PM

We haven't needed the TEs in the passing game as much as a lot of us thought we would.

For me, the biggest surprise has been the inability to run the ball consistently and the subsequent reliance on the pass. I think part of that has to do with injuries to Dye and Brooks, but I thought we were going to have to focus on the run much more than we have. Really the only times we've run the ball very well at all were in the first half at UGa and against SC State.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, particularly Scott an Hopper. Williams was expected

Sep 29, 2014, 1:44 PM

and he has not disappointed We miss the blocking of the tight ends the most. We have good receivers at the position. But, especially with our somewhat porous line, we need better blocking from our tight ends and the effort level has been very very poor in almost every game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Running game also hurt by lack of size by TEs and

Sep 29, 2014, 2:05 PM [ in reply to other receivers are a pleasant surprise, wouldn't you say? ]

blocking by WRs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True.

Sep 29, 2014, 1:44 PM

Probably bigger surprise is watching how the defense forgets how to tackle and contain after halftime

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really expected our tight ends to be a strength this year.

Sep 29, 2014, 2:02 PM

The biggest surprise for me is trying to determine if CLEMSON set some kind of record for "how many ways can you find to lose to FSU?". I think I'm still trying to count the ways that we managed to blow that game. I need a bigger computer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Instead it's our Peters***

Sep 29, 2014, 2:07 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 517
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic