Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tournament team?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Tournament team?

Jan 31, 2015, 2:40 PM

Tournament team? Absolutely not...and if any of you are believing that you're just lying to yourselves.

This, however, could be a NIT team. Nothing wrong with going to the NIT.

Lots of positives the last 2 games....But let's not step off into crazy land and act as if we are a tournament team.

Here are the truths about our upcoming schedule.

@ FSU - very winnable game 50% chance we win.

@ Miami - Miami hasn't played well as of late, but still a tough task for us. 30% chance we win.

Notre Dame - could win this game if we split vs FSU and Miami... But probably only a 40% chance.

Virginia Tech - very winnable game. 70% chance we win.

@ G.T - I think we will win, but G.T playing much better. 65% chance we win.

@ Duke - 5% chance we win..... Refs won;t allow it even if we're playing lights out.

G.T - 85% chance we win.

North Carolin st - I think we can win this, but revenge is on their minds. 50% chance we win.

@ Notre Dame - 10% chance we win here in this spot. Sorry, just reality.

So if you look at this logically we're a 9-9 conference team. With 8 - 10 being the worst and 10 - 8 being the best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how can you say

Jan 31, 2015, 2:43 PM

"if you believe that, you're lying to yourselves"... then proceed to post what you think the %'s are of each game left?

What do you think the % was we'd win at Pitt?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: how can you say

Jan 31, 2015, 2:46 PM

Look at our schedule and be honest with your self and give us a winning % on each game.

Go

what % would you have given us at NCST and at Pitt?***

Jan 31, 2015, 2:47 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

great point***

Jan 31, 2015, 2:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: what % would you have given us at NCST and at Pitt?***

Jan 31, 2015, 2:50 PM [ in reply to what % would you have given us at NCST and at Pitt?*** ]

What was your % of us losing to GW and Winthrop?

You can't use thos 2 examples if you don't look at the whole thing.

Were those 2 wins great for us? yes!! But let's look at this thing as a whole...

I will give you that we're playing better. But how long does it continue?

York if you really think we're a tournament team then you don't watch much basketball

that's not the argument... you are just making an argument

Jan 31, 2015, 2:52 PM

up...

I didn't say we are a tournament team right now. I said, if we find a way to get to 11-7 in the ACC, we'd be in the tournament.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Will 11-7 be a tall order? Yes. Is it possible. Yes.

Do that and we are absolutely a tournament team.

Re: that's not the argument... you are just making an argument

Jan 31, 2015, 2:55 PM

11 - 7 would get us in I think too...

But you really see 6 more wins?

we're 1 - 3 vs the top of the league... and 4 - 1 vs the bottom right now.

we got a tough road ahead

If you're giving GT and any other teams the benefit of

Jan 31, 2015, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: what % would you have given us at NCST and at Pitt?*** ]

"They're playing better right now", you have to give it to us as well, and not throw in the "how long does it last" piece. We are playing better. Could we slip? For sure. Or we could keep grinding out wins and developing Roper and JB to be scoring threats against mid-tier ACC teams. We're not elite in the conf, but if we put away even one of at ND, Miami, or Duke and keep the other teams at bay, we have something.

Clemson

so your saying"we got a chance"***

Jan 31, 2015, 2:48 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When Roper is shooting well and Nnoko isn't fouling every

Jan 31, 2015, 2:56 PM

minute, we look like a team that could play in the tourney.

But when not, we look awful.

So, the real question is will this team get some consistency and get points from multiple players, that's when we look good.

The last two we've looked like we're in the upswing of our bipolar-ness, but we worry that the downswing is coming.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When Roper is shooting well and Nnoko isn't fouling every

Jan 31, 2015, 2:59 PM

very fair post.

it really is just that simple.

Def not. But hey, @ least we're not 18-126 in conf and .500 vs D1 teams like the coots

Jan 31, 2015, 3:19 PM

I thought they were a basketball school now? No? Frankie's case of the nutzies is seemingly starting to spiral out of control with each additional loss.

Wow. Hat's off to Brownell for doing more with less. Clemson bball is like TCU/GT football.

Def not. But hey, @ least we're not 1-6 in conf and .500 vs D1 teams like the coots

Jan 31, 2015, 3:20 PM

I thought they were a basketball school now? No? Frankie's case of the nutzies is seemingly starting to spiral out of control with each additional loss.

Wow. Hat's off to Brownell for doing more with less. Clemson bball is like TCU/GT football.

I've always found it interesting that some people get

Jan 31, 2015, 4:12 PM

physically upset when people are happy and optimistic. The post is fine apart from that first sentence where you sound butthurt because someone else is optimistic. You can live in self pity and think the sky is falling if you want to but don't get your panties in a wad when someone else chooses not to act the same way. I've noticed a lot of " hey that guys happy!! im mad because there's no reason he should be happy because im not happy!" Posters on here. Just enjoy the win ffs I agree we probably make NIT but dismissing the tournament and calling those who don't liars puts this post in a negative light.

Re: Tournament team?

Jan 31, 2015, 4:59 PM

Hahahahaha are you the percentage master? Where in the world do you get those numbers from or is that just like your opinion man? I'm gonna guess there is a 35.17% and 64.49% chance you reply to me

Re: Tournament team?

Mar 8, 2015, 12:32 PM

again.....I guess calling things as they are makes me a HATER...

wake up people

Great work picking the favorite for every game

Mar 8, 2015, 12:43 PM

Are you some kind of wizard?

Re: Great work picking the favorite for every game

Mar 8, 2015, 12:44 PM

This pretty much proved my point to the idiots on here thinking we're a tourny team...

like yourself

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic