Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Dabo made it clear earlier this year...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,524

Coach Dabo made it clear earlier this year...

Oct 2, 2019, 12:32 PM

...that in three years College Football may be more like professional football with players being paid. He indicated he may stop coaching College Football or he may coach Pro Football if that was to happen. I think he was being tongue and cheek but there is probably some truth to it.

I can understand why he feels this way but I hope he has a change of heart if this does become the standard in College Athletics.

I honestly believe this pay for play could ruin college football.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/18/dabo-says-he-may-quit-college-football-if-players-get-paid/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Re: Coach Dabo made it clear earlier this year...

Oct 2, 2019, 1:31 PM

It will ruin college football.

Righr now it's a panacea of everybody's beat hopes and desires, but even if the NCAA were to agree it would be after they appealed in the court system. They're not going to just ok it because they've been sued.

The people cheer-leading this either don't posses good judgement, or want to destroy college football forver. The older I get the wiser I become, especially when it comes to cause-and-effect and decision making. You can be a nice person, and be very well intentioned and have terrible long term judgement. This law suit is not the way you "fix" college football.

It's riddled with short-sightedness.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

totally agree***

Oct 2, 2019, 1:35 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am very confused about it all. I thought the college

Oct 2, 2019, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Dabo made it clear earlier this year... ]

Scholarship athlete was already being paid: education, room, and board. If they receive these free, if they start being paid, maybe we just charge them for those things.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: I am very confused about it all. I thought the college

Oct 2, 2019, 2:34 PM

Typical California bs. They think they have all of the answers for everything. Be glad when that state either burns totally up or falls into the ocean. No body would miss it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Dabo made it clear earlier this year... ]

Totally agree 100%.

Oct 2, 2019, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Dabo made it clear earlier this year... ]

Universities and conferences Started this. Don’t act like it’s a new thing. When they started selling TV rights for millions of dollars and coaches started making outrageous salaries then this was just inevitable. This is the next step for what all the schools did.

You may be wiser in your older age but you weren’t smart enough to see this coming years ago when they made it the monster money maker that it is today

Wrong

Oct 2, 2019, 3:24 PM

Your assumption is incorrect.

I figured this would happen when started expanding conferences. I didn't think that was a great idea either.

I believe that if athletes want to "get paid" they should go professional, or get a regular job. College athletics are for amateur students. College, NFL, XFL, CFL, Arena league, etc....their are many other options to playing college football.

I'd rather watch 22 slow, short, fat students playing college football for Clemson than semi-professional athletes.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 2:53 PM

I think it will depend on how this is handled. If the powers that be make it where players only get paid once they graduate. Then it won't be a terrible thing. But if it's a free fall, with no real oversight. That's going to be a huge problem. I also think insurance policies for players in case of serious injury is a good thing. Which our Tigers have already done in the past.

Go Tigers

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,524
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic