Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today Daptula ripped Georgia a new one their evaluation of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Today Daptula ripped Georgia a new one their evaluation of

Mar 3, 2020, 5:30 PM

talent. Said this is why, with all their talent, they are a second tier school as far as winning a national championship. They hardly recruited Deshawn because they though they had someone better. They got in late on Trevor, and actually preferred Fields. Though they got Fields, they decided Frome was the better QB. Deshawn and Trevor have won National Championships and Fields could eventually do also. To add to this farce, all three are from Georgia!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So was Homer...right in their back yard...

Mar 3, 2020, 5:33 PM

...may their evaluation skills continue into perpetuity!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So was Homer...right in their back yard...

Mar 3, 2020, 7:20 PM

Yep , Homer Jordan was from Athens , Ga .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

So was Charlie Whitehurst***

Mar 3, 2020, 7:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Today Daptula ripped Georgia a new one their evaluation of

Mar 3, 2020, 5:38 PM

How long is it going to take you to learn how to spell Deshaun's name correctly? Also they didn't get in late on Trevor and didn't prefer Fields over him.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I enjoyed listening to Walt twisting the knife in uga***

Mar 3, 2020, 5:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I enjoyed listening to Walt twisting the knife in uga***

Mar 3, 2020, 6:29 PM

Anything to keep the local audience engaged. Mister I’m “neutral” knows is base audience and placates to y’all.

UGA did recruit Deshaun, credit Dabo and CM for getting in very early. Richt wouldn’t offer before JR year, shame on him, and by the time we got into it he was All In.

UGA was neck and neck with CU for TL, so that comment we wanted Fields more is just to get UGA fans to call and dispute.

He’s too afraid to talk about Brownell since he’s his friend and mister “neutral” won’t talk about the fact that your coach of 10 years has been to the tourney twice. CU CBB has the same motto as UGA football “next year is our year.” He’s just trying to make y’all happy and get some UGA folks to call in.

Mar 3, 2020, 6:43 PM

Dabo doesn't offer any players until their junior year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 3, 2020, 6:55 PM

His rule of thumb that is true, but he does and has offered Sophomores bc DW4 was a Sophomore when he was offered by Morris....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2020, 8:23 PM

That might be true for Deshaun, but he didn't offer TL until his junior year. My opinion is that the success of the CFP years has given Dabo the luxury of more evaluation time and waiting until a player matures before offering.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 3, 2020, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I enjoyed listening to Walt twisting the knife in uga*** ]

Dabo doesn't offer any players until their junior year.

Clemson offered Trevor in June 2015 during the summer between his Freshman and Sophomore years:
https://247sports.com/Player/Trevor-Lawrence-61350/TimelineEvents/?Page=3

Mar 3, 2020, 11:04 PM

I felt sure about the DW4 offer, but not sure about the TL offer, But as TigerzzRoars was saying about Dabo holding off with offers until their junior year, that is a statement that Dabo himself has made. But there are some that are so talented like a DW4 and TL, you have to get in with them early or risk losing them to coaches that make them a priority!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2020, 12:07 AM

I felt sure about the DW4 offer, but not sure about the TL offer, But as TigerzzRoars was saying about Dabo holding off with offers until their junior year, that is a statement that Dabo himself has made. But there are some that are so talented like a DW4 and TL, you have to get in with them early or risk losing them to coaches that make them a priority!!!

WR EJ Williams, TE Walter Parks, DB Malcolm Greene, and RB Tank Bigsby (who signed w/Auburn) were all offered by Clemson prior to the start of their Junior seasons:

https://247sports.com/Player/EJ-Williams-46049986/TimelineEvents/?Page=2
https://247sports.com/Player/Walker-Parks-46043254/TimelineEvents/

https://247sports.com/Player/Malcolm-Greene-46055228/TimelineEvents/

https://247sports.com/Player/Tank-Bigsby-46039679/TimelineEvents/?Page=2

And DL Tre Williams, LB Sergio Allen and WR Ze'Vian Capers (who also ended up at Auburn) were all offered by Clemson as Sophomores:
https://247sports.com/Player/Tre-Williams-46047260/TimelineEvents/

https://247sports.com/Player/Sergio-Allen-46042574/TimelineEvents/

https://247sports.com/Player/ZeVian-Capers-46048383/TimelineEvents/?Page=2

All of those guys are good players, but none are 5-star "exception makers". And these were all just in this year's class.

Mar 5, 2020, 10:46 AM

That tells me that they didn't fit what Dabo expects a Clemson fit to be!!!

Mar 5, 2020, 12:57 PM

That tells me that they didn't fit what Dabo expects a Clemson fit to be!!!

Huh?
Are you saying Dabo offereed those guys (five of whom ended up signing with Clemson) as Sophomores because they did not fit what Dabo expects? Not sure I follow.

Exactly, allinallorangeallthetime

Mar 5, 2020, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: I enjoyed listening to Walt twisting the knife in uga*** ]

I was relying on what Dabo said, which is a general rule with him (not to mention many graduate from HS in December which could prompt an offer a bit earlier than usual). Here is what he said: https://www.tigernet.com/story/Swinneys-wait-and-see-approach-to-recruiting-working-to-Tigers-advantage-17988

What is the old saying? The exception proves the rule?

--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 3, 2020, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I enjoyed listening to Walt twisting the knife in uga*** ]

Trevor Lawrence was never really even considering UGa , his top 2 were Clemson then Tennessee .
You have zero credibility .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 3, 2020, 7:53 PM

Trevor Lawrence was never really even considering UGa , his top 2 were Clemson then Tennessee .
You have zero credibility .

Mar 3, 2020, 7:53 PM

Just as much as you.

Mar 3, 2020, 10:01 PM

Despite your " I know you are but what am I ? " response , the facts are that Clemson was never in trouble of Trevor going to UGA .

Never .

DB23

If you’re comparing Ugga Football to Clemson Basketball...

Mar 3, 2020, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I enjoyed listening to Walt twisting the knife in uga*** ]

Your football program is far sh!tt!er than I ever imagined.

~JKB

Re: If you’re comparing Ugga Football to Clemson Basketball...

Mar 3, 2020, 8:17 PM

UGAGay should stay on his board. He gets embarrassed when he comes on here and the truth is told.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unlike the local media in Georgia...

Mar 4, 2020, 7:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I enjoyed listening to Walt twisting the knife in uga*** ]

who keeps pumping the sunshine in spite of the actual results on the field.

UGA football...achieving less with more since 1981.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Unlike the local media in Georgia...

Mar 5, 2020, 1:16 PM

That is the truth. UGA turns 5 stars into 2 stars in 3-4 years. They are very good @ that.

Mar 3, 2020, 11:34 PM

Seems like Deshawn didn’t have many people that were after him... possibly just Clemson... not sure why UGA sticks out as a team that didn’t like him.. he was only a 3 star.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2011/deshaun-williams-31127

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2020, 9:11 AM

And the McGriff kid is from S.C. Near me.

Mar 5, 2020, 1:50 PM

I think it has more to do with their offense. Honestly, what Qb who can throw it all over the field. Would want to go to Gawja just to hand the ball off 35 times a game? Until they start running a new spread type of offense. They will continue to struggle at Qb.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic