Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Winthrop sends Tigers to eighth-straight defeat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: Winthrop sends Tigers to eighth-straight defeat

Apr 23, 2019, 9:39 PM

Winthrop sends Tigers to eighth-straight defeat

CLEMSON, S.C. - Alex Raines' two-run single in the seventh inning gave Winthrop the lead in its 8-6 victory over Clemson at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Tuesday ni Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Winthrop sends Tigers to eighth-straight defeat

Apr 23, 2019, 9:41 PM

This is beyond downright pathetic. Can't pitch, cant hit, cant field, and cant accept blame coaching wise.

Apr 23, 2019, 9:45 PM

Careful deroberts isn't gonna be happy with you! We are playing great just ask him.

Winthrop is a lot better than people give them credit for.

Apr 23, 2019, 9:47 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Winthrop is a lot better than people give them credit for.

Apr 23, 2019, 11:09 PM

Lol! Forgot that one!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to derp, Monte should be under consideration

Apr 24, 2019, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Winthrop sends Tigers to eighth-straight defeat ]

for National Coach of the Year. What a goober....

Apr 23, 2019, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Winthrop sends Tigers to eighth-straight defeat ]

If we lose the rest of our games that would be 23 in a row. I think we can do it especially with the way we strike out so much and just can't get hits. It's really a pathetic display of baseball.

Apr 24, 2019, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Winthrop sends Tigers to eighth-straight defeat ]

Coach Riginos was masterful in the 7th inning when he stopped played and asked the ump to check Owens hat for an illegal substance. It visually upset the young pitcher and got in his head which resulted in giving up the lead. Mean while Monte sits idle perched on his high stool in the dugout and does nothing to calm his pitcher down.
Can you imagine Dabo and his staff setting up a table on the sidelines and watching the game as if they were spectators, not hardly. There out there firing up the team, keeping them focused and using every opportunity as a teaching moment.
It's time to get off your high horse Monte and start coaching!

Apr 23, 2019, 9:45 PM

####. Going from outstanding football recruiting news to W.T.H. baseball news?!?!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2019, 9:52 PM

Speechless. How can such a great day end on such a sour note. @retired posted earlier. I really hope the reporter will ask Monte what in the he// did he say to hack in the 7th.

Hack had been doing pretty good until that ab.

Beyond disappointed. I honestly don’t think we could hit an undrafted high school pitcher. Monte strategy- win the last nine outs and we keep losing the last nine outs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2019, 10:45 PM

Well hey- win one for the home stand. I guess

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2019, 10:50 PM

Sadly, at some point when a team starts loosing a lot, you just can't do anything except laugh. Amazing how horrible it can get quickly. From top 15 to probably 50th now LOL wow. sad

Apr 24, 2019, 12:59 AM

Young team making themselves known now! I've never seen a Clemson team fall of the wagon so hard ever?? I'm confused as to what happened? I watched that entire 20 inning UGA game and I could not believe that how many players couldn't touch an off-speed pitch. Swinging way ahead or just watching it go by? Batting coach needs to get busy! Tired of the team thriving on long-balls and ready to see some on base play beyond the lead-off batter!

TRe: TNET: Winthrop sends Tigers to eighth-straight defeat

Apr 24, 2019, 1:16 AM

Leaving runners stranded at 3rd with less than 2 outs and terrible pitching. Along with 10 or more strikeouts every game and at least 2 errors .
Is a recipe for disaster and the Red Cross is talking strategy as we speak.

Apr 24, 2019, 7:03 AM

I think I'll take the high road...congrats to Winthrop. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2019, 12:35 PM

Very sad to see our program struggling so much and for so long. Winthrop, for goodness sake. Wow!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2019, 3:49 PM

be lucky to make the playoffs....definitely wont be hosting....Remember it was Laggett's fault...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 9:08 PM

It looks like the guys have mailed the season in. Watching the GT game now, between not getting a simple 4-3 putout that Byrd lets go by him, wild swinging at 1st pitches, and a lack of composure on the mound....looks like the team thought they were better than they actually are..

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic