Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Mullen discusses his NFL draft decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: Mullen discusses his NFL draft decision

Dec 18, 2018, 11:38 AM

Mullen discusses his NFL draft decision

It's currently college football's bowl season but it is also time for star players to get their information about whether they should stay in college or possibl Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'd do the same***

Dec 18, 2018, 12:04 PM

Re: i'd do the same***

Dec 18, 2018, 2:03 PM

Is it safe to say you'd be "Mullen" over the decision?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Mullen discusses his NFL draft decision

Dec 18, 2018, 12:10 PM

Well that is coach swinney's philosophy on leaving early. 1st Rd grade means go take your chances. I'd love to see Mullen back bc the secondary would be in good shape, but no blaming a man for bettering his life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 18, 2018, 12:18 PM

If you and your family have no debt, you can afford to be patient. Most of us have enough debt that a chance to go earn some serious money even 2nd round money, we would jump on that chance. Don't hire an agent until you get drafted and you still can come back, even if you declare I believe. If they don't think he is good enough until after the 2nd round, he will be back.

Dec 18, 2018, 12:29 PM

The NFL does not work like baseball and basketball. Once you sign the papers to declare for the draft, you are gone.

Dec 18, 2018, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Mullen discusses his NFL draft decision ]

That not hiring a agent is only for college basketball, if you officially declare in football that’s it you can’t come back to play even if you sign agent or not. Def think CFB should have something like basketball does In that respect. If he gets a 1st or 2nd round grade, which is highly likely, then you def can’t blame the kid for leaving, i would do the exact same thing In his shoes. I hope great success in NFL if he does but let’s finish strong and go out the Champions!!! Go Tigers

Dec 18, 2018, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Mullen discusses his NFL draft decision ]

You go early, you'd better be ready. Sizeable risk there. Not sure that Trevon is really there yet. Did he make all-American? All-ACC? Whatever, I wish him the very best, but another year with a top program, another year in the weight room, another year of top coaching---not to be sneezed at. You bust in the NFL, that's pretty much it.

Dec 18, 2018, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Mullen discusses his NFL draft decision ]

If they are not hearing 1st round, the risk is there that they want get drafted at all and will have to sign with free agency, and teams will cut a free agent with the quickness bc they will owe them nothing when they would have to pay a drafted player if they choose to cut them. A drafted player at least will have at most a couple of seasons to prove they are worth keeping!!! If I had another year of FREE college FB to get myself better, if I didn't have a 1st round grade, my butt would be playing college ball another year, and I would work harder than ever before. We have seen better or as good players not make it as juniors bc NFL frowns at juniors unless they are exceptionally talented!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2018, 12:32 PM

So he is definitely gone. Not surprising. He has earned it.

He will have an opportunity

Dec 18, 2018, 12:44 PM

If he plays to the level of his ability against ND and (hopefully) Alabama, then he can make the case for a 1st or 2nd round grade. He's certainly talented enough. Put him on an island with Jerry Jeudy and let's see if he can handle it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2018, 12:57 PM

When are they going to learn, that just coming to TigerNet would give them all the knowledge and information needed to make a wise decision?

Mullen has been great on the field and funny in those VLOGs

Dec 18, 2018, 1:02 PM

Dec 18, 2018, 1:17 PM

This was updated on WalterFootball.com 10 days ago: "In speaking to some team sources, they see Mullen as having first- or second-round skill set, but they've been disappointed with his play this year and do not feel he has played like an opening-night selection."

Trayvon got 2nd team All-ACC this year. I think it comes down to the CFP games whether he grades at 1st/2nd round or not.

Dec 18, 2018, 1:44 PM

Yep, I agree. Really wasn’t but 2-3 games where they have data this year but nfl uses more of the measurables imo to grade a player vs what they did in game... not like a huge talent pool that he went up against this year.

All this draft talk and interviews remind me of shades of 2015. I remember in 2016, almost every player said they weren’t going to comment until the season was over. Just saying.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2018, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Mullen discusses his NFL draft decision ]

So, I’ll be pulling for him for that type of performance—for the good of both Clemson and himself.

Dec 18, 2018, 2:44 PM

Mullen is a 1st rd caliber CB to me, but the problem this year is its a heavy defensive draft and at the DB position. I wouldn't blame him for going for it if he's graded a late 1st to mid 2nd, but I think he's pretty much a 1st rd lock next year.

Dec 18, 2018, 4:26 PM

let me be politically incorrect here....unless he grades out as a first round, he better pass. our d backs aren't killing it this yearand he's above average but not a barn burner

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic