Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Danny Ford talks Bryant transfer, NCAA rule changes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

TNET: Danny Ford talks Bryant transfer, NCAA rule changes

Oct 12, 2018, 7:57 PM

Danny Ford talks Bryant transfer, NCAA rule changes

Former Clemson coach Danny Ford weighed in Friday on the new NCAA redshirt rule and players like former Tigers quarterback Kelly Bryant using it for transfer pu Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha..Danny’s right on

Oct 12, 2018, 8:05 PM

And, He’s STiLL The YOUNGEST HC to Win the College FB NATTY!

33 or 34 (bet his MaMa knows).

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hold it right there, Danny boy.

Oct 12, 2018, 8:30 PM

Kelly Bryant and Clemson could’ve handled it better?!? Excuse me, but Clemson handled it very well. Dabo couldn’t have been more fair and respectful of Kelly. I don’t see how Danny could possibly disagree.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Hold it right there, Danny boy.

Oct 12, 2018, 9:21 PM

Maybe Danny seen all your post about KB

*saw***

Oct 14, 2018, 7:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 12, 2018, 11:35 PM [ in reply to Hold it right there, Danny boy. ]

I have always felt that there was something, don't have a clue what it is, but I don't feel that Danny Ford and Dabo Swinney are best of friends. I don't know why, but I've personally felt there was some kind of tension there, and I think that it comes mostly from Danny!!! Both are part of the Bama legacy, but, they are totally different in the way they see FB should be coached and played, IMO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've noticed as well, I think it might be Dabo's success

Oct 13, 2018, 9:16 AM

is taking away from Danny legacy. Danny was always the guy here and almost God like. Every coach compared to him. Now Dabo has forged his own path and come out from Danny's shadow. We now are so successful no one is referring to Danny and the good ole days anymore. Now is the new good ole days, and I think Danny kinda misses being the guy.Plus I think Dabo didn't bring him in to practice or anything so he might be annoyed at that.

Re: I've noticed as well, I think it might be Dabo's success

Oct 13, 2018, 10:23 AM

Just to be clear, Dabo has let it be known to everyone, including Danny, that Danny Ford isClemson Football royalty and has free reign and access to any practice, game, facility, et al whenever he wants it. Welcomed with open arms.

Danny just doesn’t want to interfere or get in the way. It is just how he is. He is a humble man. And no, Danny is not jealous of Dabo that is not his nature. You clearly do not know Danny Ford if you think that could even be possible. Danny would kick his own ### if he had that kind thought ever cross his mind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2018, 12:23 PM

Danny Ford is not jealous like a young immature boy might be. He's much older and more mature than that.

Oct 14, 2018, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I've noticed as well, I think it might be Dabo's success ]

Yeah, Tommy was more the one. Dabo was welcoming Danny back like you said.

plus Dabo makes as much $$ in a week that we paid

Oct 13, 2018, 4:22 PM [ in reply to I've noticed as well, I think it might be Dabo's success ]

Coach DF in a year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: plus Dabo makes as much $$ in a week that we paid

Oct 14, 2018, 9:10 AM

My how times have changed on what they believe a HC is worth....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Only True Arbiter for any Dabo v Danny Conflicts

Oct 19, 2018, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Hold it right there, Danny boy. ]

JD was in my freshman English 101 class (along with Raymond Jones) - I once spotted him when he was doing deltoid flies at Clemson Nautilus (on Route 123) ... there was one of us on *each* side, squatting and straining to get the weights up as he got his last couple of reps in. These were *shoulder flies*, and we were squatting to get HALF the weight up!

He was one strong, strong man.

Oct 13, 2018, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Hold it right there, Danny boy. ]

He was just trying to be neutral.

The only thing Dabo could have NOT have said was the “this ain’t middle school” comment. He was correct, but it was not necessary. It painted KB as a whiny little baby and showed that Dabo was a bit miffed about KB’s choice and/or his comments to the press. He didn’t need to do that. We all knew that already. Just submarine it and move on.

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

Oct 13, 2018, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Hold it right there, Danny boy. ]

I fell that Dabo is such a nice & genuine good person and cares for his team members so much that he let his good person side override his coaching side. his good person side told him to promote T.L. to starter before the 5th game and that gave K.B. the chance to transfer. his coaching side had it overruled his good person side would left K.B. listed as the starter for the 5th game and not given him the opportunity to transfer. GO TIGERS!

Nobody gets to trash Danny Ford

Oct 13, 2018, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Hold it right there, Danny boy. ]

Like Dabo said, he is Clemson royalty. He's a laid back guy, and I don't see there being any problems between he and Dabo.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

No one is trashing Danny Ford.

Oct 13, 2018, 2:40 PM

It’s okay to disagree with him though. It doesn’t diminish his accomplishments as a football coach.

You are correct.

Oct 13, 2018, 2:55 PM

I overreacted. Although, Danny might know more details about the situation than the rest of us. I don't believe Dabo would ever intentionally treat KB or any other player wrong. It could be that the "emotional" discussion got heated. I'm just speculating.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 13, 2018, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Hold it right there, Danny boy. ]

I agree.

Re: TNET: Danny Ford talks Bryant transfer, NCAA rule changes

Oct 12, 2018, 8:34 PM

Danny. What’s great about this country is how I can feel however I want. I can dislike him regardless if he gave us 4 years.

Clemson handled this great. The media did not.

Can you imagine

Oct 12, 2018, 8:50 PM

If Danny was still the coach, he'd be in Year 40!?! I'm old! Not as old as LB-Bill, or Mr. Joe...but...old, nonetheless!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can you imagine

Oct 12, 2018, 9:31 PM

Good Lord, 40 years! Wonder how many titles he would have won if he had not been fired? I think 1 for sure the year after he left as he left Hatfield a loaded team. Maybe another one along the way. Wonder if he would still be coaching? Would we have a Bill Snyder situation? The 1990's and 2000's were a barren land for Clemson football until Dabo came along.

Would we still be running the option?

Oct 12, 2018, 10:00 PM

I hope not, because if so we would've had some really poor to mediocre years starting in the mid-90s. We wouldn't have sniffed any top 5 or top 10 finishes under Danny in that case.

It would've been interesting to see how he adapted his philosophy. The game really has changed a lot since he coached.

Re: Would we still be running the option?

Oct 13, 2018, 12:14 AM

CFB hasn't changed that much. I recall a pre-game interview with Coach Danny Ford prior to the 2013 FSU game where he expounded on the simple necessity of "hit them hard, keep hitting them hard and knocking them down, and pretty soon they won't be able to get up again...", then you win. It's what Alabama does to this day, and it's what we're doing right now. The option under Rodney Williams was phenomenal - I don't know how he survived the hits he took at the last moment, over and over again - and he could certainly make a pass when he had to. Recall Coach Joe Paterno's remark after the '86-'87(+/-) Citrus Bowl win against Peen State when he said, "I didn't know they could pass the ball that well!"

GO TIGERS!!!!

YOU SIR ARE 1000% CORRECT ??***

Oct 13, 2018, 10:27 AM

Oct 13, 2018, 12:19 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Danny Ford talks Bryant transfer, NCAA rule changes ]

KB done what he should have done except for one thing, he should have never run his mouth to the media negatively about the one's in charge, and that is where my anger aimed at him comes from. I don't care who you are or how good you believe you are at what you do best, there will always be that someone that will come along that is better than you. And the absolute worse thing you can do is to get mad and start talking #### about the people who has helped you to get to where you are!!! KB was decent at what he did playing FB, but Bama made it loud and clear that KB wasn't good enough to beat the man. To beat the man, (Bama) you better be able to move the ball down field with acute accuracy, or a team like Bama will bring the heat to the opposing teams that can't move the ball down field at least 80% of the attempts made down field, and when it's not happening, the same results will occur as they did in our playoff game against Bama!!!

man, some sensitive folks around here***

Oct 13, 2018, 11:08 AM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oct 13, 2018, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Danny Ford talks Bryant transfer, NCAA rule changes ]

Amen

Danny Ford thinks this is the 80s

Oct 12, 2018, 10:02 PM

I'm sorry if this steps on toes, but Danny is plain wrong about Clemson needing Bryant. He thinks this team plays like the teams of the 80s. As if the rushing game was king and throwing the ball down field was anathema.

Clemson had KB around for 4+ years, he got his QB shot last year and through 4 games this year. He showed he was capable of having 50 more rushing yards than DW the year before, but failed to get close (by 1400yds no less) to DW4 passing. KB failed to materialize as able to take advantage through the air, which meant the downfield game was underusing the talented receivers. This is why Danny and crew brought in serious airway talent in the form of Trevor Lawrence. And while some of the time you can blame dropped passes for lack of downfield success, when the majority of passes thrown were screens and under 10yards by KB it pretty much indicates a lack of QB confidence in that part of the game.

Danny believing KB will be needed is a laugh when we see the dynamic moves both TL and Brice have shown. I dare Danny or any of the KB lovers to really rewatch the games this season so far and compare the energy of the offense on the field when KB is playing and when TL & Brice play. KB was like drinking store brand cola, TL and even Brice look more like energy drinks.

There is no one in the remainder of the season who is going to be as tough as the A&M game until post season. And by then the rookie QB core will have proven their toughness and dynamic ability far more than KB did last year.

Sorry Danny, but the Tigers won't need KB at all. Perhaps you're misty eyed for the 80s and wish you had KB back then, but this is 2018 and the Tigers are a far more balanced team year over year with no shenanigan recruiting.

Danny admitted in the article that it was nothing like the

Oct 12, 2018, 10:17 PM

the 80’s when he coached. Do you have a hard time reading? Also, I’m no KB supporter, but we sure did need him against Texas A&M. No one felt comfortable with TL finishing that game. And while Chase Brice did enough to win after TL went out against Cuse, no one felt comfortable until the very end. Everyone in that stadium would’ve rather seen KB instead of Brice. Again, I’m no fan of KB, but to act like he didn’t save the day at A&M and couldn’t have helped us against Syracuse is ludicrous.

And don’t ever call out Danny again. Know your role.

Geez. Someone has a hard on for Danny.***

Oct 13, 2018, 4:55 AM

RIGHTFULLY SO... you don’t?***

Oct 13, 2018, 10:32 AM

Geez. Someone has a hard on for Danny.***

Oct 13, 2018, 4:55 AM [ in reply to Danny admitted in the article that it was nothing like the ]

EXCELLENT POST! (Correct... never call out Danny)***

Oct 13, 2018, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Danny admitted in the article that it was nothing like the ]

Re: Danny admitted in the article that it was nothing like the

Oct 13, 2018, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Danny admitted in the article that it was nothing like the ]

You do realize that you are talking to a 65 YO man that is entitled to his own opinion as you believe that you are. Know my role, what role is that, are you insinuating that my role should be based of your personal opinion of someone you hold dear. I don't think so sir, my role is what ever I personally choose it to be, and I can assure you that by the number of years that I have been a 100% supportive of Clemson and Clemson sports has earned me a right to my own personal opinion of the present and past Clemson coaches. If you don't know I will enlighten you, as being my own person I'm entitled to my own personal opinion regardless of if it's agreeable to you or anyone else in this opinionated world that we live in just as you are entitled to yours that I will never have a problem with until you feel that you have a right to suggest where my place should or shouldn't be bc, I can assure you that my place is of my choosing that has absolutely nothing to do with you or the place you assume I should know... I hope that you have a wonderful day today, and even a better one tomorrow. Just please understand that you or anyone has the right to put me in a place of your choosing regardless if my opinion is to the far right, or the far left of your opinion bc you are entitled to have that opinion, and only you know what place you are better suited. Again, have a great day!!!

Re: Danny Ford thinks this is the 80s

Oct 13, 2018, 12:30 AM [ in reply to Danny Ford thinks this is the 80s ]

Shhh, there is a nasty SOB on here that if you don't say what he/she approves of, they will cowardly TD your opinion without nuts big enough to tell you why they don't agree, just like a sneaking thief in the night while you're asleep, or not at home at all. They will also coward down to your face, and shoot you in the back when you walk away after they have pisssed their selves!!! ;)

Oct 13, 2018, 5:38 AM

Shhh, there is a nasty SOB on here that if you don't say what he/she approves of, they will cowardly TD your opinion without nuts big enough to tell you why they don't agree, just like a sneaking thief in the night while you're asleep, or not at home at all. They will also coward down to your face, and shoot you in the back when you walk away after they have pisssed their selves!!! ;)

Oct 13, 2018, 5:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Danny Ford thinks this is the 80s ]

Uh you sound a little angry yourself there amigo?? It’s s football post mijo?? Relax. Go Tigers

Oct 13, 2018, 4:10 AM [ in reply to Danny Ford thinks this is the 80s ]

Have to watched the last two games ? What won those games? It sure wasn’t passing the ball. Oh yeah s t h u when you’re talking about Danny. Show respect

What are you going to do about it?

Oct 13, 2018, 4:58 AM

Reach through your computer screen and slap him around. He’s free to say whatever he wants to say about Danny. GTF over it.

Running the option out of the I formation didn’t win it.

Oct 13, 2018, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Danny Ford thinks this is the 80s ]

That’s for sure.

You do realize that our ability to pass and stretch the field opens up the run, don’t you?

Re: Running the option out of the I formation didn’t win it.

Oct 13, 2018, 3:23 PM

Also, our talented Receives are a huge part of our strength in our games!!!

Re: Running the option out of the I formation didn’t win it.

Oct 14, 2018, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Running the option out of the I formation didn’t win it. ]

Danny is certainly no idiot!!! Remember the game someone else referenced when we played Penn St.? The first play was a pass and Danny never looked back. We passed them silly and beat them nearly to death. The same quote as the other poster, after the game Jo Pa said he has no idea we could pass that well. So, don't think Danny was always averse to throwing the football. I believe that had he not been fired, he would have kept up with the times. Besides, Danny mostly believed defense won games, just like they do today!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2018, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Danny Ford thinks this is the 80s ]

What if you’re the one who’s wrong .....smh

Oct 13, 2018, 3:53 PM

There is nothing wrong with being wrong if you can or will try and correct it, it's the times when it can't be corrected that a wrong hurts the most but, most things can be corrected, and that puts the odds in your favor of making it right!!!

Coach Ford has forgotten more about football than...

Oct 14, 2018, 5:42 AM [ in reply to Danny Ford thinks this is the 80s ]

you and 10 billion of your closest friend know. Son, you're climbing in the ring with Mike Tyson when he was in his prime when you contend Danny Ford's opinion on a football related topic.

My old grandmother use to say, 'You'll go through life with people thinking you're a fool, if you open your mouth you'll remove all doubt.'

I don't know why your parents didn't share that wisdom with you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, Clemson could have handled it differently, but..

Oct 12, 2018, 10:51 PM

that is not Dabo’s style. He told KB the truth, BEFORE he burned his redshirt. That is what seperates Dabo from all the rest. He is 100% honest with everyone. KB’s decision will probably turn out to be bad, but he can’t blame Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Re: Sure, Clemson could have handled it differently, but..

Oct 12, 2018, 11:06 PM

What constitutes bad? If he has fun playing football one more year who is it bad for? Lesson made right decision and so did Kelly. I don’t know why y’all fools think different

Re: Sure, Clemson could have handled it differently, but..

Oct 13, 2018, 1:57 AM

wallacej said:

What constitutes bad? If he has fun playing football one more year who is it bad for? Lesson made right decision and so did Kelly. I don’t know why y’all fools think different

Please tell what are you saying, by saying ( "Lesson" made right decision and so did Kelly ).

Oct 13, 2018, 12:02 AM

I’m just here for the comments about how bad Danny Ford is.....hahahahaha. Go ball out Kelly Bryant, we love and will miss you

Oct 13, 2018, 1:45 AM

Tell em cooter!!!

Oct 13, 2018, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Danny Ford talks Bryant transfer, NCAA rule changes ]
USC dft.jpeg(61.3 K)

You are a Di_ck and a Loser = a Coot.

Oct 13, 2018, 1:57 PM

KAllen

Oct 15, 2018, 1:45 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Danny Ford talks Bryant transfer, NCAA rule changes ]

You simpletons, just because someone disagrees with your uneducated butts doesn't mean they're a Carolina fan. I've been a Clemson fan since 1980. We can disagree about all of this. Clemson's fanbase is clearly not monolithic and thats ok.

Oct 13, 2018, 8:54 AM

The only reason Imo that we miss kb is the depth. Teams going forward know that we can’t really afford to run the qb. That takes a few options off the table. There times like the one big run against wake from TL. It was the correct read from TL but we just can’t afford it.

Plus, TL is still learning the speed I guess. He’s holding the ball a little long for good D’s, starring down receivers too much and missing his check down on occasion. Yeah, I can see where someone can make the argument that we’ll miss kb at some point.

TL just gonna have to get real good, real fast. Got all the talent in the world but he needs to be coached up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2018, 10:36 AM

The only reason Imo that we miss kb is the depth. Teams going forward know that we can’t really afford to run the qb. That takes a few options off the table. There times like the one big run against wake from TL. It was the correct read from TL but we just can’t afford it.

Plus, TL is still learning the speed I guess. He’s holding the ball a little long for good D’s, starring down receivers too much and missing his check down on occasion. Yeah, I can see where someone can make the argument that we’ll miss kb at some point.

TL just gonna have to get real good, real fast. Got all the talent in the world but he needs to be coached up.

Bingo...After all these high energy (doing measuring) post, I agree with this assessment.

Danny will always be a Clemson football god, he speaks, we all #### and listen to HIS opinion.
Dabo the new resident Clemson football god, we believe in his decision.

However, he could have handle this with Kelly (senior) continuing to start and bringing in TL and staying with the hot hand. Lots of coaches would have to protect depth. He didn't cause he wanted to be fair to Kelly before the fifth game. Any words from either side are just words. We ok, Kelly is ok. I think Ford being from another era (even with the new Red shirt rule) would have kept the senior starting past the fourth game.

Oct 13, 2018, 4:13 PM

When you have someone working for you that does good in about everything they do, and their faith in God is the highest of their priorities, there will be those time that their honesty will not benefit them at all. And his honesty with the KB situation was one of those times that didn't end well, but with Dabo, it ended well where his sense of doing things the right way!!!

Oct 13, 2018, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Danny Ford talks Bryant transfer, NCAA rule changes ]

Yes and TL opens up as many doors in the passing game that teams must respect, and when they don't, they will get burned for huge yardage down field, and that is what we missed more than KB's running ability that we now have RB's that can handle the running threat just fine!!! That is IMO!!!

Oct 14, 2018, 3:41 PM

TL is a special talent. But where were those open doors in Texas. By far the toughest contest to date.

We are not who we used to be.

Oct 13, 2018, 11:59 AM

I was talking with a friend of mine about KB transferring. We both come from a different time. Both of us have told our kids... You dont quit and you dont give up, ever. You are on a team and you are part of that group. You quit now, thats what you will be... A quitter. Theres only one no. 1. If you aren't the 1, you practice and put in the effort to be there. It still doesnt work, you be the best you can be for the team.

This mentality has definitely been lost today. Its all about whats in it for me. Clemson poured everything it could into KB. He got an education, he had opportunities. He had his chance and he was no. 1 for a while. But when the chips were played, he bailed. Everything thats was given to him, he took it. But when there was adversity, he quit. Finish what you start.

I like KB. I hope he does well in life. He's a Tiger for life, to me. But it was disappointing, immature and selfish to quit. He would still have had playing time here. I doubt he plays anywhere else next year... At least, not serious time. And dont tell me hes trying to get to the next level. He doesnt have it. Tajh was a much better QB and he didn't make it at the next level. I forgot who said it, but what KB is playing for now, is for the next 40+ years. The contacts and the relationships he makes are what are going to serve him for the next years of his life. I hope he didnt squander that gem.

Re: We are not who we used to be.

Oct 13, 2018, 12:45 PM

Spot on sir. I was brought up that way too. Honestly, we’ll never know but it wouldn’t surprise me one bit that kb quitting totally shocked and saddened him tremendously. I sincerely believe Dabo thought kb would do exactly what you described.

Kb had to be contemplating this before cuse game. He looked off and distracted from the get in the ga tech game and on the sidelines.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2018, 3:43 PM [ in reply to We are not who we used to be. ]

His last memories among anyone who could help him in the future out of Tiger Nation will be that he will QUIT without taking the time to figure out what is best for him in the future. Just the fact that he is a Quitter don't bode well with most, but a Quitter that doesn't consider the consequences of Quitting will be the most harmful to him among the people who will remember him!!!

Oct 14, 2018, 3:43 PM [ in reply to We are not who we used to be. ]

Maybe he felt they gave up on him. They said he didn’t do anything wrong.

Danny getting old. Not thinking clearly***

Oct 13, 2018, 6:49 PM

Oct 13, 2018, 9:20 PM

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic