Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson ties best AP preseason ranking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson ties best AP preseason ranking

Aug 20, 2018, 12:01 PM

Clemson ties best AP preseason ranking

Clemson tied its highest preseason ranking in the Associated Press Top 25 at No. 2 overall on Monday. The Tigers, which were also ranked No. 2 in the Coaches Po Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll take it (#2) especially after their being out of Top 20

Aug 20, 2018, 12:07 PM

most of my adult fan life of following Tigers for 60 long years!

GoTiGERS.. Jeep ROCKing towards #1.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only 8 points shy of all votes being 1st or 2nd.

Aug 20, 2018, 12:31 PM

That is alot of respect from the national press. Could we even imagine that 10 years ago. Preseason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: I’ll take it (#2) especially after their being out of Top 20

Aug 20, 2018, 2:47 PM [ in reply to I’ll take it (#2) especially after their being out of Top 20 ]

I want #1.

If you aren’t the lead sled dog, the view never changes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson ties best AP preseason ranking

Aug 20, 2018, 12:13 PM

where is South Carolina on the list?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USC is #15. Oh wait never mind. That’s the real one.***

Aug 20, 2018, 12:16 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USC is #15. Oh wait never mind. That’s the real one.***

Aug 20, 2018, 12:19 PM

Aug 20, 2018, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson ties best AP preseason ranking ]

According to this, #26:
https://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

Overrated***

Aug 20, 2018, 12:18 PM

Aug 20, 2018, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson ties best AP preseason ranking ]

You must have read my mind. I had the same question.

What's the biggest joke here: FSU @ 19, VT @ 20, or LSU @ 25

Aug 20, 2018, 12:15 PM

I say Miss State at 18.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VT by a long shot. FSU has plenty of talent to be a top 20 team

Aug 20, 2018, 12:42 PM

LSU is probably top legit top 25 too but they are going to go 7-5 or 8-4 because their schedule is brutal.

There's also a lot to like about Miss St on paper. Moorhead was awesome as OC at PSU and looks like a really good hire. They have a lot back on defense and in their running game. They have a few questions but I think their ceiling is high.

FSU is an unknown. They have top 10 talent, can they pull

Aug 20, 2018, 1:48 PM [ in reply to What's the biggest joke here: FSU @ 19, VT @ 20, or LSU @ 25 ]

off the new coaches intentions in year one? Oregon improved under his plan in year one. And Oregon doesn't have half the NFL talent that FSU does. But how much of Oregon's uptick was Taggart or Cristobal who was the Offensive Coordinator.

One thing to note is Taggart has never coached a team with a good defense (that i know of.) His teams score alot and quickly but historically their defenses gave up alot. I dont' see FSU's defense giving up alot of points unless its to really good offenses.

So with that said they return a really good qB in Francois. REturn the top RB recruit from 2017's class in Cam Akers. And really good talent at most WR positions. Their O-Line can't be worse but I don't think they'll have to be better b/c the style of offense is quick hitters and high tempo.

Bottom line i think FSU is going to be a ton better than we're hearing. And that game will be tough regardless of their record at that time of the year. I could see them being undefeated at that game or a one loss team with a chance at the division.

I’ll say the U at #8.***

Aug 20, 2018, 1:49 PM [ in reply to What's the biggest joke here: FSU @ 19, VT @ 20, or LSU @ 25 ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2018, 12:18 PM

Oregon at 24 after a 7-6 season is a joke

They were like 6-1 with Justin Herbert and 1-5 when he was injured

Aug 20, 2018, 12:45 PM

or something like that. I think they are going to be pretty good unless he misses significant time again.

that team averaged like 50 points a game last year..but

Aug 20, 2018, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson ties best AP preseason ranking ]

couldn't stop anyone. They return Cristobal who was oc last yr under Taggart and is now the new head coach. wchich means they'll continue to score alot but will the def improve. I'd put them there. I'd say they will get better this year. That was Taggart in year one btw.

Wisconsin got a #1 vote ...

Aug 20, 2018, 12:31 PM

Honestly that's the one team in the top 5 I see having no chance to win the championship.

Ah, the silly season...

Aug 20, 2018, 9:22 PM

Could anything matter less than preseason polling? I'm glad to see some national respect but I'd really love it if we fall out of the top 25 next week not having played a game and give the players something to be furious over.

Oh, wait, I don't actually want to see them tear the arms off of any of the Furman players.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic