Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson offensive lineman enters transfer portal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson offensive lineman enters transfer portal

Feb 3, 2021, 9:08 PM

Clemson offensive lineman enters transfer portal

Clemson offensive lineman Kaleb Boateng is the in transfer portal, TigerNet has confirmed. Boateng redshirted as a freshman and played five snaps as a redshirt Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson offensive lineman enters transfer portal

Feb 3, 2021, 9:12 PM

I watched his video as a junior or senior and he looked like a straight up road grader. We can’t afford to lose young OL.

Feb 3, 2021, 9:24 PM

If he was so good, why wasn't he playing?

I think this is where one of the football experts here

Feb 3, 2021, 9:39 PM

criticizes Robbie Caldwell for not recruiting well and/or not coaching well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I think this is where one of the football experts here

Feb 3, 2021, 10:03 PM

Yep, but those experts aren't coaching anywhere making anything close to what Robbie Caldwell makes with them being his judge!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2021, 10:08 PM

Robbie makes a lot of money. This is true, but our OL still is a weak link. It needs to be fixed. If Robbie Caldwell can't/won't fix it, then we need someone who will. I want us to have an OL that is the standard, rather than one always looking for excuses. This is from a former Clemson OL'man. JMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 5:34 AM

I love when fellow TNetters reveal they were former players- thank you for being a Tiger!

Feb 4, 2021, 9:56 AM

I see duratiger didn't choose to answer you .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2021, 10:42 AM

Dugatiger did, in fact, answer. I just don’t stay on here so much. Hope your day is great. Also, Duga fully admits there were great players and “others” on the team. I was definitely an “other” compared to the really good/great ones, but I was good enough to to have a full scholarship, and I graduated right on time. I now am a huge fan, and I’m at almost all the home gam

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2021, 10:44 AM

games.

What years did you play and how productive were your O-lines?***

Feb 4, 2021, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I think this is where one of the football experts here ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What years did you play and how productive were your O-lines?***

Feb 4, 2021, 3:56 PM

‘69-72, although freshman were not eligible for varsity back then. Our OL’s were not very good then, either. It was a transitional time. Coach Howard left in the Spring of ‘70, and Hootie came in. He was a lousy coach, and our results were very marginal. I will just say I still despise him. The PAW was introduced while he was there, and IMO, that was the brightest spot in his career. JMO

Re: What years did you play and how productive were your O-lines?***

Feb 4, 2021, 3:58 PM

I graduated in Spring of 1973.

Feb 4, 2021, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I think this is where one of the football experts here ]

I think the response is that Caldwell is overpaid based on the product he puts on the field. Salary has no correlation with ability.

Feb 3, 2021, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson offensive lineman enters transfer portal ]

He will regret that move, patients is a blessing that he wasn't blessed with as it turns out!!! Young man, who ever is advising you, they should be punched in the mouth, and if you made that decision by yourself, you will be kicking yourself in the butt when it's all over for you at the end of your college career. Your best decision was coming to Clemson, and your worst was deciding to leave, but good luck on whatever bench you have decided to sit on, bc most coaches will give up on you if you're not a solid starter when you get there.

They want have the love and care for you as a person first, and a player second, as what you had with Dabo and his staff!!! Many players at Clemson didn't see a lot of playing time early, but when their time at Clemson was over, they were starters, and they're now playing in the NFL!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 9:31 AM

Unless he was a pre-med student, patients definitely wasn't a blessing...nor was patience if he's leaving knowing he had limited snaps, unless he knows he can't keep up with expectations and needs to move to somewhere like Jacksonville St.

No information other than playing time to suggest this, but

Feb 3, 2021, 9:24 PM

it would not surprise me, given the quality of incoming OL recruits, if the coaches sat down with him and had one of those candid conversations. If so, I wish the young man all the success in the world at finding more playing time elsewhere.

Re: No information other than playing time to suggest this, but

Feb 3, 2021, 10:12 PM

Very reasonable assumption...

Feb 4, 2021, 1:33 AM [ in reply to No information other than playing time to suggest this, but ]

considering his offer sheet & the last second timing of our scholarship offer; which had a "roll of the dice" vibe, when it occurred-

Re: Very reasonable assumption...

Feb 4, 2021, 9:06 AM

I remember Dabo really talking him up when he signed. As he does with all signees. But for whatever reason, I remember him talking about his name just sounding like an offensive lineman.

Good luck big fella wherever you end up. Maybe Coastal. Speaking of oline, you see the oline class Bama just inked. Signed 5 this cycle and all 5 were top 50 I think. Unreal.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2021, 9:43 PM

I would be this is Fla at work

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doubt they're 1 of his options, (group of 5 school, probably)****

Feb 4, 2021, 1:45 AM

Feb 4, 2021, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson offensive lineman enters transfer portal ]

Only if it's a G5 school in FL, like Jacksonville St. Why would UFL be looking at a guy that barely played in 2 years?? If anything, it's more like he's the one looking.

Feb 4, 2021, 2:41 PM

Please tell me you don’t think Jacksonville St is in Florida!

Feb 4, 2021, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson offensive lineman enters transfer portal ]

Or a Group of 5 school.

Feb 3, 2021, 9:52 PM

OL is one position the team can't afford to lose. Hopefully, the 2021 OL recruits will make up for the loss. Really need to improve in that area for the upcoming season.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2021, 10:01 PM

That is why it doesn't hurt when one freely leaves, it makes room to try someone else that maybe will be better. Our coaches know all about the OL problems that we have, and if Boateng was the answer to those problems, he would have seen much more playing time. Now there is an open scholarship to bring in hopefully an elite O lineman!!! We all that good or not, Dabo will honor their scholarship until they just up and leave, or until they graduate, and Boateng probably done the O L a favor by entering the portal for players that's not willing to put in the work to become a starter!!! It sounds ugly, but it is the truth, and sometimes the truth can hurt!!!

Feb 3, 2021, 10:07 PM

Feb 3, 2021, 10:24 PM

21 snaps during the year kind of tells you something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 6:52 AM

If only he’d spent as much time getting better at his craft as he spent making TikTok videos...

Feb 4, 2021, 7:11 AM

My guess and it is that is that he was not going to be in the two deep on the o line

Feb 4, 2021, 9:44 AM

Correct. With the 2020 group ready to step in, he was not going to see the field very often.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic