Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson jumped by Miami, Oklahoma in AP Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson jumped by Miami, Oklahoma in AP Poll

Nov 12, 2017, 2:05 PM

Clemson jumped by Miami, Oklahoma in AP Poll

A weekend of upsets meant no movement for Clemson in the new AP Top 25. Big home wins for Miami and Oklahoma moved the two up to spots No. 2 and No. 3, respecti Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson jumped by Miami, Oklahoma in AP Poll

Nov 12, 2017, 2:25 PM

That's fine, it is like letting your kid steer your car, it makes them feel like a big shot, but we know who is in charge!

It has't worked out for #1 the last couple of years annway

Rest up and get ready for some Southern Fried Chicken!

Go Tigers!

the AP poll is worthless.........

Nov 12, 2017, 2:40 PM

I'm glad they give Wisconsin a high ranking because the CFP is not impressed with them.

The most remarkable aspect of that entire poll

Nov 12, 2017, 2:40 PM

is that somebody gave the chickens a couple of votes

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 2:56 PM

How about a 3 loss Mich St team that got smoked still ranked. And ranked above NC State. That one made me laugh.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 3:14 PM

I agree mich st not even top 25.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 3:16 PM

Those votes are just like the Heisman voters, they don't know shiot about FB or the players that play the game!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing surprising there. I think the CFP will do likewise***

Nov 12, 2017, 2:58 PM

Nov 12, 2017, 3:11 PM

All these polls are a joke. Only reason Oklahoma win looks so good is that the b1g gets ranked so high as well as pac 10. So wisky is top 10 with zero current ranked teams. Pander to the population centers. Pathetic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's funny to me

Nov 12, 2017, 3:13 PM

is Oklahoma "blew out" TCU, but only beat them by one more point than we beat FSU

Tbis is not a Top 4 team, face it***

Nov 12, 2017, 3:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tbis is not a Top 4 team, face it***

Nov 12, 2017, 3:19 PM

What you say don't mean shiot, especially when you are a coot!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Tbis is not a Top 4 team, face it*** ]

I see you are a legend in your own mind skippy. Reality is that while it has not been pretty it has been 9 W's. If you want to quibble over beating a very good AU and before the season knowing we had to go to UL,VT and NCST and coming away with wins fine, it must be a miserable world you exist in and I bet you are a pleasure to be around. None of the top 5 are great teams this year, all flawed but finding ways to win. Says much about those teams, it speaks to character,heart and togetherness. Willing to fight till the end and leave it all on the field. So you have yourself a good day Eeyore

Nov 12, 2017, 5:49 PM

I agree with skippy... This team has not yet found its identity. Are they the backup for the running of KBryant or are they the team that uses all their skill players to march down the field converting 3th downs and having explosive pass plays by dynamic receivers? You tell me... They have had a terrible time of ending up short on 3th downs with only 1 or 2 yards to gain. A good team works thru those issues early in the season... This team is still struggling with it. Kelly needs to learn to trust and use his arm MORE THAN his legs! This team could get humiliated or win out... depending on who shows up!

Nov 12, 2017, 3:27 PM

All the talk about "just win" early on was just talk. Style points do matter, and not keeping the throttle down does hurt us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 3:43 PM

I feel your pain about keeping the throttle down, but then I remember how long a 15 Game season must be and can understand the motivation to throttle back or rest a lot of guys and play the youger ones. Pays off long term. Hope perceived lack of style points still keeps Tigers in top four. Still much movement to be had. We have Miami and AU has UA and either a rtn with UGA. I try not to get caught up in the tic-toc until each Tuesday at 7pm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson jumped by Miami, Oklahoma in AP Poll ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Style points does indeed matter!

Nov 12, 2017, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson jumped by Miami, Oklahoma in AP Poll ]

You hate it. But, it's true. Had Miami just gotten by ND they don't make the leap they did. They throttled ND though. Same with Auburn throttling Georgia. ON another topic: this is a perfect opportunity to say: " sometimes over the course of a season a football team has THAT GAME"! A game in which they can't get out of their own way or do anything good enough. And, no. It's not the opponent; it's that team. Bama probably blows Miss St out 8 out of 10 times. CU would blow Cuse out 9 out of 10 times " when all are focused "! It's something there should be a book written on I swear! Happens every year!
But, at any rate. I personally hope SCarolina gets ranked. Another win over a ranked SEC opponent on the road hopefully in convincing fashion should seal it in voters minds. Then on to the championship game and Miami! Assuming Miami and CU don't have any hiccups between now and then.............winner is in. CU b/c of who all the Tigers have beaten plus being ACC champs. Miami because they would be an undefeated conference champion. Not so much b/c their schedule was tough.
Reading the message boards on ESPN one would think we are the odd team out "if Wisconsin wins out"!
Wisconsin
Oklahoma
Both in if they win out. What would be interesting is "if Auburn beat Bama"! Would they dare put Bama in anyway? Now you would have a team that did not make it to the conference championship game in. ( oh wait, they have already shown they will do that.....remember Ohio St.). Politics and bias may make it touchy then b/c of the Cuse loss. Unranked opponent versus losing to ranked top 15 opponent for say Georgia or Bama!
Here is hoping we start throttling teams a bit more! If so, you actually get more reps for your young guys.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 3:53 PM

This is what is going to happen in the CFP poll also and I'm good with it.
But on a funny note what about NCST being ranked with the same record as the Coots and the Coots beat them.
??

We will get our shot at Miami, so it does not matter even if

Nov 12, 2017, 7:11 PM

they jump us in the poll that counts. We control our own destiny. Win and we are in.

For any relevant team, there are still 3 games left

Nov 12, 2017, 7:19 PM

No laundry needs to get unnecessarily twisted. Let the conference championship and rival games play out before getting crazy. Everything before that time is just guessing.

Penn State could probably play with any of the top 5 and win. Their one loss cost them the opportunity. Be thankful we're not in their shoes.

Re: For any relevant team, there are still 3 games left

Nov 13, 2017, 12:21 AM

Penn State has two losses, not one. Both in their conference.

Nov 13, 2017, 9:02 AM

it's good that miami is ranked ahead of us, only an idiot would complain about this. heck, i want them to be #1 when we play them.

Nov 13, 2017, 9:03 AM

it's good that miami is ranked ahead of us, only an idiot would complain about this. heck, i want them to be #1 when we play them.

Nov 13, 2017, 9:54 AM

AP doesn't mean diddly now. Only the committee rankings really matter. Would not be surprised if they have Clemson #2

What happens when you lose to Cuse***

Nov 13, 2017, 10:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair enough IMO***

Nov 13, 2017, 12:17 PM

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Nov 13, 2017, 1:11 PM

I think this is a knee jerk reaction to these "NEW" teams accomplishments
The U and the OKIES are the FLAVOR OF THE WEEK.!!! The sports commentators were justifying their ranking of ALABAMA because of their history,(won the game in the last minute after being outplayed the entire game)yet dissing CLEMSON for their less than stellar performance against FLORIDA STATE. !!! WHICH IS IT GOING TO BE ??!! CLEMSON (THE REIGNING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS)deserves the same benefit of the doubt as ALABAMA!!! I DO BELIEVE THE SELECTION COMMITTEE WILL JUDGE CLEMSONS "BODY OF WORK" AND RANK THEM ACCORDINGLY
ALABAMA
CLEMSON
MIAMI
OKLAHOMA

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic