Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney says Bryant "had his best day" in Thursday's full scrimmage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney says Bryant "had his best day" in Thursday's full scrimmage

Aug 16, 2018, 4:55 PM

Swinney says Bryant "had his best day" in Thursday's full scrimmage

The Clemson football team saw a little bit of everything in Thursday’s stadium, the last full scrimmage before preparations begin next week for the opener against Furman in 16 days. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So I’m guessing that means our offense didn’t pass much?***

Aug 16, 2018, 6:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: So I’m guessing that means our offense didn’t pass much?***

Aug 16, 2018, 6:49 PM

Bingo...........you're a winner..........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh no you didn't.***

Aug 16, 2018, 7:25 PM [ in reply to So I’m guessing that means our offense didn’t pass much?*** ]

Aug 16, 2018, 7:38 PM [ in reply to So I’m guessing that means our offense didn’t pass much?*** ]

Dabo said he threw multiple touchdowns. Dont worry TN team, you'll get to see TL play this year.

Aug 16, 2018, 7:38 PM [ in reply to So I’m guessing that means our offense didn’t pass much?*** ]

Dabo said he threw multiple touchdowns. Dont worry TN team, you'll get to see TL play this year.

Aug 16, 2018, 7:41 PM

What he didn't tell you is if it was all against the 3rd string freshman...which would be about as good as saying Furman, since apparently by all accounts of everyone on TL, you're not starter worthy until you at least have played your first games.

Aug 17, 2018, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: So I’m guessing that means our offense didn’t pass much?*** ]

You can say that again!

That's how he threw multiple passing TD's - running the ball***

Aug 17, 2018, 11:23 AM [ in reply to So I’m guessing that means our offense didn’t pass much?*** ]

Practice All-American***

Aug 16, 2018, 9:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing I've noticed

Aug 16, 2018, 9:53 PM

About all these articles from the coaches is that they never really say much about TL. It's like they know we are waiting to hear about how great he is doing but all they say are he had a good day. Lol. Yet they always go into detail about Chase and Kelly it seems. Maybe the coaches do read T-net and are playing with our heads. Just my theory...

Re: TNET: Swinney says Bryant "had his best day" in Thursday's full scrimmage

Aug 17, 2018, 3:53 PM

Seems like it will take a loss by KB to get the older
Players to accept TL . But what is even more unsettling
Is what Dabo said right before the West Virginia game
About his defense. This all just sounds too familiar.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2018, 10:49 PM

I was there at the practice Thursday. Bryant did make some good throws, Brice did have a rough day and TL did have an interception but it wasn't all Good on Good. There were backups.

I can't even begin to criticize anyone or any decisions made by the coach. It is up to them who will start and who will not. What shocked me was the overall size of them team. The team just seems a lot smaller this year size wise. Maybe that is the new player...medium size and fast?

Interesting Observation on team size

Aug 17, 2018, 11:14 PM

IMHO Dabo recruits 1st tier starters and high character guys - hopefully and usually both at the same time. And Dabo will take a team of Will Swinney-types after he meets his quota of 1st and 2nd team All-Americans. High character FG holders who are team first. And yes, to your point, most of these guys are tough and very small unlike Bama who brings in five layers of All-Americans. There is a difference in recruiting approach, and that's why it takes better Clemson starters especially at the QB position to compete vs. Bama. It is what it is to steal a cliche ... to honest assessors of the game of football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting Observation on team size

Aug 18, 2018, 1:51 PM

The Swinney brothers aren't on scholarship.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Interesting Observation - Clarification, PLEASE?

Aug 18, 2018, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney says Bryant "had his best day" in Thursday's full scrimmage ]

I find the size reduction interesting. We lost very few players and the ones we brought in are large, but we didn't bring in a true DT - well Belk and he's gone. We lost several offensive linemen - who were big, and brought in only two, but one is Carman, who is the second largest player on the team.

Do you think the returning players are smaller this year than last year?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 18, 2018, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney says Bryant "had his best day" in Thursday's full scrimmage ]

Disappointed so many feel the need to talk so poorly about KB. He is a Clemson man all the way. All of the coaches and players have said KB looks better this year. Nothing KB has done deserves negative comments like "he must have been throwing against 3rd string".

If he was here prior to DW4 taking the job away from Stoudt and taking us to playoffs he would have been praised not bashed continuously. It just blows me away it seems ok to talk chit about him. I hope he has a fantastic year and wins us a Natty, that's all!

Re: TNET: Swinney says Bryant

Aug 19, 2018, 12:47 AM

There is nobody taking poorly about KB. Half of you that think that crap also were likely the ones that thought Dabo was the worst hire in history the day they hired him. And most of you probably won't admit today that you were wrong.

Most of us talking about Bryant are discussing his obvious issue with his mid range to deep ball passing, that was an issue everyone here talked about up until last year. Apparently, getting to the playoffs made everyone give him some sort of pass, though the issues still exists, and still showed up again in the spring game and fall practices. It was enough of a problem, the coaches have even themselves challenged the QB's in one thing.... To improve the passing. Feel free to read it in the writr ups. And most of us have shown clearly the stats that back it up. The same stats that told the coaches to make that a challenge.

In the end, we all like KB... He's a great guy, a great leader, a good game manager... But he still had one area he has to improve to not make this team one dimensional... His passing efficiency and passing accuracy. Those who can't admit that have their heads buried in the sand. If you care about the players, you want to see them improve, you want to look at where they can... And you watch to see if they did and get happy for them if they did. You don't just stick them on a pedestal and pretend they can't improve. The coaches don't. Wonder why you guys do?

Re: TNET: Swinney says Bryant

Aug 19, 2018, 12:55 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney says Bryant "had his best day" in Thursday's full scrimmage ]

Oh, and btw...David's post scrimmage report itself, his video all of you call pull up and play....he said KB and Trevor both played vs the 2nd and 3rd string. He also said KB had a few TD passes.... And the first string D didn't allow a score in the same scrimmage. I think common sense tells you he didn't face the first string in that case. You can't have multiple TD's against a defense that didn't allow a score.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic