Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Open Date Storylines: Is Miami for real? Sooners still lacking on defense, LSU crashes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,114

TNET: Open Date Storylines: Is Miami for real? Sooners still lacking on defense, LSU crashes

Sep 28, 2020, 8:01 AM

Open Date Storylines: Is Miami for real? Sooners still lacking on defense, LSU crashes

This weekend finally gave us a full slate of amazing college football matchups. Here are some of the biggest takeaways from the action while the No. 1 Tigers were off the field on Saturday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's enough SEC bias, without it coming from Tigernet!

Sep 28, 2020, 8:25 AM

With the collapse of OK, the writer says the CFP committee may have to consider a 2nd SEC team or AAC team for a playoff berth. No mention that a 2nd ACC team could also be in the mix. At this point ND or Miami could be factors as well! So, enough of the SEC pumping and ignoring the ACC! We get enough of that, without Tigernet adding to it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's enough SEC bias, without it coming from Tigernet!

Sep 28, 2020, 8:40 AM

While the OU loss is bad, it is not completely nixing them. They have to go on a tear now which is possible. That being said, if Texas run the table, even if they are barely doing it - they will get a nod over SEC bridesmade.

Sep 28, 2020, 8:44 AM [ in reply to There's enough SEC bias, without it coming from Tigernet! ]

to me, he's just writing an article and sharing his thoughts. I saw the same thing this weekend except I think Miami is for real.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2020, 10:14 AM

UNC has to be accounted for as well. It will be interesting to see who does better Miami or UNC and it would not surprise me at all if its UNC.

I agree. The ACC is getting a little more competitive.

Sep 28, 2020, 11:23 AM

null

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why leave Notre Dame out of this story?***

Sep 28, 2020, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: There's enough SEC bias, without it coming from Tigernet! ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why leave Notre Dame out of this story?***

Sep 28, 2020, 5:27 PM

Why should ND be a part of the story, they're only a temporary bc covid-19 killed their FB schedule. And they have refused to be a part of the ACC in FB before covid-19 temporarily forced them to play a full ACC schedule.

I'm sure they are laughing every time they hear it said that they're A temporary member of the ACC. It wasn't what they had planned to do before the covid 19 pandemic forced them into a ACC schedule!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2020, 8:46 AM [ in reply to There's enough SEC bias, without it coming from Tigernet! ]

The issue is Notre Dame or Miami would have to beat Clemson once to finish 11-1 since they'd have to play Clemson twice. Florida could avoid Bama until the SEC Championship and go 10-0 then lose a close one to Bama and I think they'd be more deserving than OU. The Big 12 looks really bad for some reason. I'm kind of surprised by it. It's usually a reasonably deep league minus Kansas.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Open Date Storylines: Is Miami for real? Sooners still lacking on defense, LSU crashes

Sep 28, 2020, 10:00 AM

Since there are only conference games in the SEC and we only have conference games left, every game is crucial. We all know that the past few years Miami has looked like both a beauty and a beast. My thought is most of their issues are between the ears because they certainly have talent. Our upcoming game with them is huge.

As far as LSU goes, their ship sailed last year with all the draft picks they had and how many players they lost. Their team last year was a once in a generation team but this is this year, not last year.

If we go 11-0, the playoffs are in future so every game is a 1 game season.

Re: TNET: Open Date Storylines: Is Miami for real? Sooners still lacking on defense, LSU crashes

Sep 28, 2020, 12:15 PM

LSU Cookie Monster coach Orgeron should kiss Urban Meyer. Without Meyer picking clearly the wrong QB as his starter between Joe Burrow and Dwayne Haskins just because of skin color, then LSU never gets Burrow. Without Burrow, Orgeron would have been fired a couple of years back. Meyer and Burrow saved him from unemployment. I can't stand that cheater and I only understand about every 3rd or 4th word.

OU clearly doesn't have a defense again.

Right now, I'd pick Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama and maybe Georgia. It's still probably going to be the same out of the Playoff Committee.

Sep 28, 2020, 12:15 PM

Oops, I meant Payoff Committee.

Sep 28, 2020, 12:59 PM

I completely expected your "oops" to be including UGA as your 4th team.

Is that an honest pick after last Saturday or just a lazy throw-in?

Sep 28, 2020, 12:57 PM

Miami looks for real, look like one of top 4 teams in nation as much as anyone this early imo. I think our game should be a 1 vs 4 matchup, maybe even 3rd.

I have it this way in my way too early top four teams from the games I have seen play so far.

1 Clemson
2 Alabama
3 Florida
4 Miami

Sep 28, 2020, 5:33 PM

Let’s not put the cart before the horse. They have beaten 3 teams with a combined 3-5 record with those wins being over Western Kentucky, South Alabama and Central Arkansas.

Roger that - MIA is improved

Sep 28, 2020, 3:45 PM

But still weak sauce vs top regional an natl teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,114
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic