Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson offense preparing for huge FSU defensive front
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson offense preparing for huge FSU defensive front

Oct 8, 2019, 7:01 AM

Clemson offense preparing for huge FSU defensive front

Focus on the details and fundamentals. Clemson’s offense struggled to sustain drives and put points on the board its last time out, at UNC, and the team spent the open date working on the little things that lead to big things. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach speak for....

Oct 8, 2019, 7:05 AM

...””be prepared for another offensive struggle.”

According to many t’netters who think they know more than the coaches, in 3-2-1...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

From this I take that will use some up tempo on offense

Oct 8, 2019, 7:53 AM

And more and more as the game progresses. Big guys don't hold up well with tempo longterm. We will see. Their conditioning is already suspect. Use that as an advantage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, our frequency of up tempo offense has diminished.

Oct 8, 2019, 8:59 AM

Not sure why. Wonder if we are substituting more.

(Not to mention illegal procedure penalties.)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed, our frequency of up tempo offense has diminished.

Oct 8, 2019, 9:43 AM

As has been already mentioned, coach speak. We know that after a game everything is gone over several times plus times over. We had a bad game bc UNCheat coaches had an excellent game plan, and they simply out coached our offensive coaches, and it is just that simple. Now there job as coaches is to study film and see what they done and be ready for that game plan or any other plan being use off of that type of a plan, but with a little different scheming....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2019, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Agreed, our frequency of up tempo offense has diminished. ]

It's hard to be up-tempo when we aren't sustaining long drives. I also believe that we started off the year trying to "protect" the defense, but the defense have proven that it can take care of itself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2019, 6:49 PM

Great point!
The defense can hold it's own! If the thought process was; let's be real careful with play calling so we aren't putting a young defense right back on the field; it's time to move on from that.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

translation we will struggle to run

Oct 8, 2019, 11:28 AM

look for tons of screens..dink and dunk incoming

Unfortunately

Oct 8, 2019, 4:03 PM

I'm afraid to say you're right but in the end you probably will be. As we saw with NC there was zero adjustment. TLaw looked off but had some great plays. That's been the general consensus since game one though. The reason the NC defense looked so good against our offense is because they knew which plays were coming before the ball was even snapped. We all know the NC defense isn't all that by any means and even though they played well, they're just not that good. But because there is no creativity nor adjustment to the offensive play calling they stuffed almost everything thrown at them. And by everything I mean the same 4-5 plays we run every game for the whole game.

I know we can't argue with results the past few years but still. It would be a breath of fresh air if they would just be creative, misleading, etc... and utilize that stable of talent we have across the board. Thumbs down in 3,2,1...

Re: TNET: Clemson offense preparing for huge FSU defensive front

Oct 9, 2019, 3:03 PM

Offensive line let UNC defenders in 6'6" TLs face all day.
Also, how about some receivers running routs like leggett and renfo did, i.e. over the middle short and medium yardage. You can only catch so many passes with one hand on tiptoes one inch in bounds.
God do I miss FEASTER.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic