Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 903

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Apr 5, 2021, 7:51 AM

Friday night, rode up and got some wood from Benagaline.

Saturday, had big plans but it was mostly a haircut and a big nap.

Sunday, off to the greater Clover metro area to for some BBQ.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Apr 5, 2021, 7:54 AM

Meh

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

turrible

Apr 5, 2021, 7:59 AM

Friday - Bone(er)-in Ribeyes on the BGE. Delicious.

Saturday - Worked. 7:00-4:00. Just awful. Watched some of the Spring Game on TV. Beyond boring.

Sunday - Easter at the In-Laws. The neighbors had a bunch of puppies, so that was fun. My back hurt cuz old.

Now I'm back at work. Again.

oh yah, got 1/2 vaccinated Friday. CVS tried to hold me host

Apr 5, 2021, 8:06 AM

age after the shot for 20 minutes. After working 58 hours last week, I said #### em and left.

Got in my car and immediately passed out and crashed into a tree.

Most of this is true.

Hey, gimme your opinion....

Apr 5, 2021, 8:10 AM [ in reply to turrible ]

is it me or has the spring game become the Dabo comedy hour?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Know what ya mean there

Apr 5, 2021, 8:11 AM

Would like to see a bit, just a tiny bit, of Saban in Dabo....

While true, I think Dabo makes for much better marketing in

Apr 5, 2021, 8:20 AM

building new fans and enticing recruits on TV than Saban. It might be hokey, but it works.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Therein lies the crux of the problem.

Apr 5, 2021, 8:23 AM

I DON'T WANT ANY NEW FANS!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100%, but the Boomers eat that #### up

Apr 5, 2021, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Hey, gimme your opinion.... ]

Dabo can openly support Majorie Taylor Greene for all I care, as long as we keep winning.

When.....not if.....but when

Apr 5, 2021, 8:21 AM

we have a couple back-to back 4 loss seasons, people will turn on that yuck-yuck stuff like Miuratiger turning on Nike.

Just like that stuff was already hated when he

Apr 5, 2021, 8:25 AM

couldn't get the best of ole Steve.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have moved the furniture out of Dabo's house myself

Apr 5, 2021, 10:48 AM

after loss #5 to the coots. The couple natties make up for that grievous sin... almost.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt ... like @Crass turning on the Citadel when they

Apr 5, 2021, 8:35 AM [ in reply to When.....not if.....but when ]

let in females, and "the blacks"

you can say that again***

Apr 5, 2021, 9:50 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worky

Apr 5, 2021, 8:03 AM

Fri - Wings and a movie after work
Sat - Work, then down to Dad's for family get together
Sun - Church in the morning, lunch, work, installed new security cameras around the house, 2 more hrs of work before bed.

Looking forward to a long beachy weekend this weekend

friday nada sat cut grass sun did some trimming

Apr 5, 2021, 8:06 AM

i also remember when that was about a half a day

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was just about to post this solo....

Apr 5, 2021, 8:08 AM

Well, Saturday was spent baking (wife), grocery shopping, little yard work, and work work.

But Sunday was church and high drama at the inlaws for Easter Lunch, along several plot lines.

Overall 8.5/10, mainly for Easter entertainment and perfect weather.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Shortest Tig post evah^^^. (And intriguing to boot)***

Apr 5, 2021, 8:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I had it longer. Deleted most of it.***

Apr 5, 2021, 8:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worst. Story time. Ever.***

Apr 5, 2021, 9:03 AM

Alright boys, gather round for storytime

Apr 5, 2021, 2:04 PM

First, MIl and her brother (wife's uncle) are not on good speaking terms. Anyway, MIL presents her brother with a letter their late mother wrote. Don't know what was on it, but FIL did his standard cuss under the breath at MIL for sharing it at that time, on Easter. Anyway...

Second issue was when crazy mooching black sheep cousin of MIL confronted BIL about traffic on I26. See, BIL is intimately involved in that, and NOTHING ticks him off more than hearing people ##### about it. Well, she was half-drunk, and did. Friend BIL brought from the jobsite was visiting as well. Crazy cousin started hitting on him as she got positively drunk. He left.

Third, BIL and FIL set up a time when he could bring his truck and pick up the outboard motor for FIL's old john boat. MIL, also drunk buy now, started yelling PRAISE THE LORD......after 12 years that motor was FINALLY leaving their garage. Queue FIL's second mumbled cussing session.

Then MIL drunk texts wife's cousin who did not come. He's married, and his new wife's not in the good graces, and as such he naturally spent the holiday with her family. Drunk text/guilt trip fromp MIL ensued.

Anyway, for years I missed ALL of this. As time has worn on, I've been privy to more and more of it. Just normal family bickering I guess, but was great entertainment. When we used to get together with my parents families, there was never so much drama. But we were odd I guess.

Did the BIL's friend cryanal the cousin?

Apr 5, 2021, 2:07 PM

Why couldn't the MIL get the wife's cousin hornie enough to come?

So many unanswered questions here......

pigs of crazy mooching black sheep cousin?***

Apr 5, 2021, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Alright boys, gather round for storytime ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

d00d, I am here for ALL the drama***

Apr 5, 2021, 9:59 AM [ in reply to I was just about to post this solo.... ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or causing it, amiright

Apr 5, 2021, 10:52 AM

FBCoachSC®

Nice, had Fri and today as holidays!

Apr 5, 2021, 8:09 AM

Missed the CU Spring game due to family Easter gathering, got to play golf with sons and gsons, gdaughter tagged along and putted.!
Met aero on Friday and filled up his car with smoking wood, headed to C Elan Sat morning, GADOT had one lane blocked at Commerce backing up traffic, absolutely NO ROADWORK was being done! Dumbmovockers!
Nice weather for Easter, planted garden late Sunday after returning.
9.8/10

Great Weekend!

Apr 5, 2021, 8:10 AM

Got my boat back from dealer - 4 months sitting there waiting for minor repairs need due to Sally. Did not get to take her out though - too windy.

Easter! Family gathering! Food!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Tiring

Apr 5, 2021, 8:16 AM

Friday work then pack the car

Saturday leave York County at 5:30 AM and drive to GulfShores, AL. Stopped in LaGrange, GA at a Kroger (Thanks Willmo® or bengaline, whoever suggested that) and got a 6 pack of Tropicalia, Kosmic Debris, Wild Leap Alpha Abstraction, and Three Taverns A Night on Ponce. Stopped near Auburn to eat Moe's BBQ, stopped at Rouses to get drinks and a 6er of Trimtab IPA and then finally made it to the beach house. Got super drunk and went to sleep.

Kids woke at 4:30 AM cause excitement and time change. I was up not long after that. Coffee then went for a run with wife around Fort Morgan. Beautiful morning, back to house and kids are on beach. Changed and went to the beach, ate edibles which made me feel super cold for some reason, like it was cold on the beach when the wind picked up but i was shivering. Anyways, back in to eat Easter dinner with family, watch some TV then let the kids crash.

Back up this morning "working" remotely for a couple hours. For some reason, almost everyone is asleep.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Acceptable.

Apr 5, 2021, 8:17 AM

Friday, over to RH Mom's after work since RH Sis was in Clemson for the weekend. Got her all settled in and headed home to throw a frozen pizza in the over around 8:00, had a few Rebel Yell and hot Blenheims and we caught up on DVR stuff we recorded throughout the past week.

Saturday, Mrs. and I kept our tradition of drinking coffee and playing Select-O-Pick from the vinyl collection. Grabbed a shower and headed over to RH Mom's to watch spring game. Back to the house for a long hike with the pup, then off to grab burgers at Sonic, which Mom always asks for when Sis is gone. Watched the Southern University vs. Jackson State football game, then back to the house. Had a few beers, played bass, and watched the baseball game on the computer while playing. Took the pup out around 11:30 and decided to venture up the road and see if we could tell where the coyotes were since they were obviously having a coyote party. Back home to crash.

Sunday, coffee, hike with pup, shower, the off to The Link And Pin in Charlotte with Mom, Sis, and Joonyer. Mrs. isn't very comfortable with restaurants because of the gluten situation, so she stayed home. Don't usually go in for gimmick cocktails but decided to try the peanut butter and jelly Old Fashioned, which turned out to be fantastic. Don't know that I want to burn an entire bottle of bourbon doing a peanut infusion, but I'd order one of those out in a heartbeat. Back home to make grocery run, play bass for an hour or so, then watched Walking Dead and the premier of Gangs of London. Not bad, we'll see if it's worth sticking with as it progresses.

18.85/19 Covids, with deductions for Achilles tendon tears and lack of playing music with the band.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most excellent- with the glorious weather how could it not b

Apr 5, 2021, 8:32 AM

Saturday - worked in the am then went to the Spring Game and 8th State with CMFree

Sunday- Easter lunch and then hiking around lake Craig at Croft State Park.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Definition of bittersweet.

Apr 5, 2021, 8:43 AM

Thurs, left the 615 in the early afternoon bound for Greenville, made a quick stop in Kingsport to pick up wife's new company car (Subie Outback---I like it) that the fleet dolts sent there instead of the dealer 5 miles from our house. Got in to the Upstate around 11pm....losing an hour always suuuucks.

Fri - Main event was hanging out with grandfather and my nephew. Will skate over, as the restaurant selection process was already documented in-depth on Friday.

Sat - Threw a 50th anniversary lunch for my parents at City Range....was nice, got a small private room and had about 20 close friends/family there. Was a good time and food and service were really good. Spent afternoon throwing football in the yard with nieces and nephews. Went to grandfathers that evening, as he had a bunch of really cool old tools he wanted me to have. Enjoyed the moment and I'll treasure the items forever.

Sun - departed my parents and went to say bye to grandparents. My grandmother (also 94) is at home with care but bedridden, and we spent about 20-30 minutes there. Since her stroke last year, she doesn't talk much and isn't very responsive. Seeing her condition, and knowing it would be a month or two before I could make it back, I could tell that it's likely the last time I see her alive. I asked for a few minutes alone with her, and tried to say a few things that I imagined I'd regret not telling her if I didn't, and when I was done she gave me a smile and a really strained "love you". Couldn't tell you the last time I cried, but it took me another 5 minutes before I could leave the room and rejoin the family. Will always be super-grateful for those moments because I know you don't always get them, but man I sure wish there were a better option.

Good stuff with the abuelo y abuela!

Apr 5, 2021, 9:02 AM

Wait-weren't you looking for a socially distant place to eat Sat so no Covid?

1 day in SC...just 1 day...and after that 1 day of being a South Carolinian again, we jam the old folks into a small room and pack 20 peeps in there.

Odd phenomenon, eh?

Nah, the really old folks weren't there, and those

Apr 5, 2021, 9:24 AM

who were had been vaccinated. Actually got the small room BECAUSE we were in SC.

good and relaxing

Apr 5, 2021, 9:12 AM

Fri - flew in from a work trip. cut the grass, was asleep by 9. wife woke me up when she went to bed for seggs.

Sat - caught some of the spring game, some of the women's am at augusta, but mostly spent the day with in-laws. wasn't too bad, just hung around and ate and drank some beers.

not a basketball fan by any means, but that UCLA / Gonzaga game was pretty entertaining

Sun - helped wife w/ some chores, played golf. shot an 82 (par 70) with 42 friggin' putts. so demoralizing. i need some lessons or a shrink or something man.

cooked a steak w/ the wife for Easter

solid 7.5 / 10

I have not seen an exciting

Apr 5, 2021, 9:16 AM
chattooga.jpg(460.9 K)

bball game since I don't know when. That UCLA - Gonzaga game was amazing

walked to the Chattooga on a beautiful day

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Apr 5, 2021, 9:21 AM

Friday: A few breweries and Hometeam BBQ. Drunk.

Saturday: Hangover and wedding that evening.

Sunday: Smoked a badass ham and drank a lot of beer in the hood.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Flew by

Apr 5, 2021, 9:26 AM

Friday: slept in until 1:30PM, no idea why, but did. Did a lot of nothing other than binging GOT

Saturday: slept much less, up and milled about, did a bit of shopping. Watched a bit of scokker, missed both final four games.

Sunday: up, watched church, ############# Chelsea looked like ####. Binged Chernobyl, ate way too much and enjoyed the great weather.

10.1/10

because these go to 10.1

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazingly Amazing

Apr 5, 2021, 9:27 AM

Friday - worked a little in the morning, then it was just straight fun times. Picked up my daughter, had Italian take out for dinner, I then headed out to the pub with a couple of neighbors.

Saturday - took kids to our favorite coffee spot and they ran around town as we had bagels, cinnamon rolls and coffee. Took my son to the baseball game, which was just amazing weather. Got home and wife wanted take out again, so she took kids to pottery place and pick up take out, I once again went and met my buds to watch bball. Met back up for dinner, then just watched basketball and drank with the wifey.

Sunday - lots of play in the morning with Easter baskets. I went to church as kids and wife went to my in laws to spend the day. Went to in laws after church, ate a ton of food, watched a ton of baseball. Went grocery shopping, say outside and enjoyed the weather, had some good edibles, bed time.

9.8/10 - minus .2 because yesterday morning was ridiculously cold.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DIL served most excellent cheesecake. Usually accolades....

Apr 5, 2021, 9:53 AM

are reserved for bourbon, beer, BBQ, beef etc. Rarely do I venture into the desert world of indulgence. Engaged in cheesecake decadence on both Saturday and Sunday. Additional exercising is on the near term horizon.

Grandson’s baseball and golf in “chamber of commerce” weather were daytime bookends around a phenomenal basket game on Saturday night. Admittedly a bourbon nightcap caused me to watch the OT period through shut eyelids. Thankfully replays are readily available.

Ongoing. Spent the weekend getting

Apr 5, 2021, 10:59 AM

carpets cleaned and the kids bedrooms ready. Got a lot accomplished.

Sunday was spent eastering. Then the family went to the house and got out the last parts of what they want. Everything else is going to to the dump or posting on buddybook.

Today I'm cleaning out the attic and yard here and taking it over to the new house.

Should be fun.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

very good.

Apr 5, 2021, 11:36 AM

Friday: Worked a few hours, went to Lowe's, cooked stew beef in the crock pot, worked on puzzle while watching Clemson beat NCSt., had a few drinks, read and bed.

Saturday: Made breakfast, read, went to pond and worked fields, came home cooked salmon and steamed broccoli, watched a little TV, read and bed.

Sunday: Washed clothes, went to store, ate with mom, picked up MfOjr., fished, plowed, threw football, ate leftover beef stew, watched MLF, talked with MfOjr., read and bed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 47
| visibility 903
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic