Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thought Overton was a lock redshirt. Is Cain on thin ice?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Thought Overton was a lock redshirt. Is Cain on thin ice?

Sep 9, 2016, 8:18 AM

I agree with Plyer (which is rare) in that I was shocked to hear Dabo mentioning Overton was playing this week. I figured Powell would avoid redshirt. However, with Williams and Cain guaranteed to get the snaps at the 9-man (with Trevion as the emergency 3rd option), I was surprised that there wasn't more of a push to try and redshirt Overton. The only reason I could see Dabo wanting to do this to safeguard against an injury to Williams/ Cain or Deon being one more mistake away from not being on the team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly...where do you come up with this stuff?

Sep 9, 2016, 8:29 AM

Siriusly.....maybe it has more to do with Overton doing some good things lately...has that ever occurred to you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Thought Overton was a lock redshirt. Is Cain on thin ice?

Sep 9, 2016, 8:31 AM

Why do you always come up with worst scenarios possible?

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

English majors man. Too much Emily Dickenson. They're a gloomy bunch

Sep 9, 2016, 8:55 AM

All the englush majors I know sit around all day drinking coffee and playing world of warcraft.

Hey cueng.. what level is your nightelf demon hunter?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

^^^Pessimist^^^

Sep 9, 2016, 8:32 AM

jeebus, the ##### you worry about...sad

Sep 9, 2016, 8:34 AM

I don't think it is Cain being on thin ice and more about Overton being good enough to get some snaps and that first game just wasn't the right time. I feel it's that way with a lot of FR. If this game was a blowout or we were playing someone like Vandy week 1, then they would've got in. These are still young kids and playing in front of 90,000 hostile fans might not have been the way he wanted them to start their college career. Plus we just didn't need them to play.

Not at all surprising. It gives us an 8 man rotation at WR

Sep 9, 2016, 8:42 AM

and, given his talent level, insures that we don't waste a year of his stay at Clemson with a redshirt.

Plus, maybe Overton doesn't want to redshirt.

We are recruiting at a much higher level than previously. Redshirting players is becoming primarily a tool for recovering from injury and the small number of recruits that aren't physically ready. Talented players aren't going to be happy with sitting a year simply to stockpile talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2016, 8:48 AM

If you know a player has 3 year potential you don't waste a year with a redshirt no matter what the depth looks like. The experiance of playing and travel will give them an edge when it is their turn to step up. If he has a chance to leave in three, you play him early and hope he stays for 4, because no matter what 5 years is not happening.

null

Perfectly put

Sep 9, 2016, 9:04 AM

Tu

Sep 9, 2016, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Thought Overton was a lock redshirt. Is Cain on thin ice? ]

This goes for every player. Mind me if a screenshot what you wrote cause I know this will come up afain

Exactly get him all the experience you can

Sep 9, 2016, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Thought Overton was a lock redshirt. Is Cain on thin ice? ]

we are going to need him next year because Williams and Scott are gone barring an injury, and even then they would probably still leave. So why sit him a year when he could be getting some real game snaps and be that much more ready to be a major contributor from game 1 next year. We are going to have a new QB it would be nice if he's not throwing to a bunch of WR's that have never played a snap of college ball. Plus with the level we are recruiting there is no need to stock pile talent hoping all the pieces line up to make a run in a year or two when we are winning every year. I say play them all as much and soon as possible if they are able because the trend is they will be gone in 3 years and we will have someone else recruited and on the field that is just as or more talented.

I agree, M. Williams and A. Scott are likely gone

Sep 9, 2016, 3:46 PM

And all the great reports aside, I doubt CDS has any more confidence in T. Thompson than I do. So we definitely need to get real game catches for Powell, and Overton, heck any of them. I hope to see all the back up TE's get in the game, as well as a healthy dose of Choice and Feaster. And I would love to see KB in some passing situations. Schuess, I feel ok about, but if KB is the real deal, I would love to see him get a lot of reps the next two weeks.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2016, 10:21 AM

What if that JUGS machine Mike Williams is actually a rocket launcher and Mike turns it on Deon and then is arrested for possessing weapons of mass destruction?

This scenario and yours are equally plausible.

Sep 9, 2016, 12:40 PM

It's because our 1's will probably sit at halftime. This is Troy remember?

By your logic if Kelly Bryant, Tucker Israel and Nick Scheussler see the field it's because Deshaun is in hot water.

Lots of 2's and 3's will get a chance to see the field.

This has been the case for a 1000 years at Clemson and every other team that ever was.

Cain is fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless Cain slew a guy named Abel over the week..

Sep 9, 2016, 2:28 PM

I think he'll play.

They all can play this week & still red-shirt.***

Sep 9, 2016, 7:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They all can play this week & still red-shirt.***

Sep 9, 2016, 7:21 PM

Only if they have an "sec" injury. Any participation counts against a year of eligibility unless the student athlete is injured early in the season in less then the qualifying number of games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's getting to the point where our WRs don't

Sep 9, 2016, 7:23 PM

need to RS. The depth makes it a 3 year and to the NFL position. If you don't work hard enough to be that good, we have some freshmen coming in to take your snaps. Just crazy the talent at that position

ok***

Sep 9, 2016, 7:25 PM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic