Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell to Nebraska (Hearsay)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Brownell to Nebraska (Hearsay)

Mar 14, 2019, 1:22 PM

I had a friend predict that after finishing 13th in the B1G, Nebraska coach will be gone and Brownell would take his spot. He's got a few ears inside the sports world, and there have been some rumors this could happen - Brownell leaving at the least.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sign me up! But seriously, I like Brownell

Mar 14, 2019, 1:34 PM

and I think he's a great basketball coach. He's just not a great head coach at Clemson.

And I don't expect anyone is going to be great here, but it's just time for a change. Sometimes you just need a fresh face.

we're in a much better position today to hire a better coach

Mar 14, 2019, 1:40 PM

than we were 9 years ago. Facilities have improved and the AD is obviously in a better position financially.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt about it.***

Mar 14, 2019, 1:41 PM

Not really, elite coaches want to be at programs where

Mar 14, 2019, 2:14 PM [ in reply to we're in a much better position today to hire a better coach ]

They’re appreciated, and that isn’t Clemson, and the fact that the 3 most successful coaches at Clemson left for other programs.

1. Bill Foster after leading Clemson to the elite eight left Clemson for the University of Miami to restart their program.
2. Rick Barns after leading Clemson to three straight NCAA tournaments left for Texas .
3. Oliver Purnell after three straight NCAA tournament appearances left for DePaul.

Clemson needs to take a chance on a Young coach and if he successful hope they can hold onto him .

That's what we've always done, except for OP

Mar 14, 2019, 2:56 PM

who was close to 50. Time to finally pay a proven head coach who has had success in a major conference. Barnes was the closest to this and he's the best coach we've ever had

Re: Not really, elite coaches want to be at programs where

Mar 14, 2019, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Not really, elite coaches want to be at programs where ]

The only one that left for greener pastures in my lifetime was Rick Barnes. Foster had worn out his welcome. His glory years were early on. OP's case is well documented.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Taking a chance on a up-and-comer rarely works out.

Mar 14, 2019, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Not really, elite coaches want to be at programs where ]

Sometimes you have to pay up.

Re: Sign me up! But seriously, I like Brownell

Mar 14, 2019, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Sign me up! But seriously, I like Brownell ]

Coach Butler says Hi!

I'm just being realistic. I don't think a new coach will

Mar 14, 2019, 1:44 PM

just all of a sudden change Clemson bball into a power. But it's a low risk move, at worst.

Worst case scenario... Instead of missing the NCAA Tourney 7 of 8 years, maybe we miss it 8 of 8.

But, you also may find a guy like Rick Barnes, and now we are in a much better position to keep a guy like that around.

Yes, let's get another Rick Barnes.

Mar 14, 2019, 2:18 PM

He can have a few good years, leave high and dry, insult us on the way out, and even leave the cupboard bare for the next coach to contend with in his second season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Yes, let's get another Rick Barnes.

Mar 14, 2019, 5:11 PM

These days, the way college basketball works, we need another Tates Locke.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those "few years" were the best we have ever had.***

Mar 14, 2019, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Yes, let's get another Rick Barnes. ]

Re: Yes, let's get another Rick Barnes.

Mar 14, 2019, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Yes, let's get another Rick Barnes. ]

Screw Barnes.What an ahole.

Hi***

Mar 14, 2019, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Sign me up! But seriously, I like Brownell ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can only hope!!!!! For the record Nebraska came into

Mar 14, 2019, 1:39 PM

Little John and beat us this year. I find it hard to believe Nebraska would hire a coach who’s average record after 10 seasons is 16-12, but let’s hope.

I say Go Big Red

Mar 14, 2019, 1:40 PM

Re: Brownell to Nebraska (Hearsay)

Mar 14, 2019, 1:42 PM

I'd take that and run, but I doubt it.

Why would Nebraska hire a guy who has the exact same trouble of making the NCAAT?

Brad has probably accomplished more but think they would hire someone if they were going that route with more success.

PLEASE take him Nebraska!!!!***

Mar 14, 2019, 2:06 PM

Smart, hire the coach that lost to the crappy coach you

Mar 14, 2019, 2:07 PM

just fired.

Go Big Red!***

Mar 14, 2019, 2:31 PM

Identical To That When

Mar 14, 2019, 2:47 PM

Tommy Bowden was rumored for the Arkansas job. There is no way the Nebraska administration or fan base would accept Brad.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic