Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is why we as fans CANNOT bash recruits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

This is why we as fans CANNOT bash recruits

Feb 15, 2017, 12:18 AM

This is off of Facebook from sports page. That really is XT responding. My point is we as fans n@ed to show some class on social media, you never know who is gonna see it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is why we as fans CANNOT bash recruits

Feb 15, 2017, 3:23 AM

If XT lives his life through social media then maybe he needs to go to uscjr, Clemson can do just find without him. Like Coach Swinney says he wants leaders not followers, and if he gets upset by something said by someone he doesn't even know then maybe he doesn't have what we need.

^^^Irony^^^

Feb 15, 2017, 6:53 AM

Advice our fans could take as well. Getting upset over tweets by teenagers. Hell it doesn't even have to be a tweet, it can just be a thread that says the young man is considering another school and the morons show up in droves. Hopefully these aren't really Clemson people responding. You would think adults would be smart enough to let the coaches handle recruiting. Dabo and staff can decide if Clemson needs XT or not.

Feb 15, 2017, 7:16 AM [ in reply to Re: This is why we as fans CANNOT bash recruits ]

Or it could be a gamecock in Tiger clothing trying to purposely turn him away from Clemson !

Feb 15, 2017, 7:36 AM

No highly rated player like XT is going to pick or not pick a school based on a post on social media. 85% to 90% of the top players already know where they're going to school. ZW has already set a date and 06-23-2017, and I bet XT knows his school.

Feb 15, 2017, 12:55 PM

Well I know for a fact TI turned a recruit when Tommy was here

Who, Please?***

Feb 15, 2017, 1:37 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 15, 2017, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: This is why we as fans CANNOT bash recruits ]

So something that happened almost 10 years ago?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Zues announcing on 6-3-17?

Feb 15, 2017, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: This is why we as fans CANNOT bash recruits ]

Or 6-23-17... one number off and that would have been a pretty smooth date to hold a press conf...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like I said previous on this matter

Feb 15, 2017, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: This is why we as fans CANNOT bash recruits ]

Since you're such a great judge of what is and isn't good for Clemson and who is and isn't a "Clemson guy", you should probably go ahead and call or email Dabo to let him know he's wrong about XT and shouldn't pursue his recruitment any further.

Grow up. Pretending you know absolutely anything about the kid because of a few tweets or some questionable hearsay is lunacy at best and downright delusion at worst.

WHAT high school kid isn't on social media? It's the

Feb 15, 2017, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: This is why we as fans CANNOT bash recruits ]

Clemson fans that need to keep off social media trolling the kids. The Clemson coaches have made Thomas a big priority and don't need any help and especially no hindrance from fans.

I would think our staff would alert recruits to the fact

Feb 15, 2017, 3:38 AM

that some people, may, just may, mind you, pose as fans of teams just to make them look bad.

Re: I would think our staff would alert recruits to the fact

Feb 15, 2017, 5:43 AM

It's a problem , talking about "fake news" . Remember how the day before a commitment by Rashan Gary somebody was calling him and saying Clemson was full of hateful , racist rednecks ?
These kids are under a spotlight , and sometimes folks go too far .
Just blathering . It's early.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 15, 2017, 6:04 AM

That was good blathering, Tigerdug23.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2017, 12:54 PM [ in reply to I would think our staff would alert recruits to the fact ]

Maybe...but we, and all other fanbases, also have tons of idiots who will actually tweet at recruits to explain how wrong they are about ______. This is where social media can be a bad thing.

Feb 15, 2017, 5:21 AM

Do you run the McDonalds app on your phone????

Feb 15, 2017, 12:15 PM

Yep.... always a buy one get one free breakfast sandwich option on there...lol

Feb 15, 2017, 5:25 AM

I know that Britt dude . Good guy , very cool person ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 15, 2017, 5:28 AM

It doesn't matter with him anyway, I can assure you he will not be a Tiger.
But he is a good kid just a 17 year old kid.

Feb 15, 2017, 5:53 AM

I'm not so sure badb , I think this race is not yet run .
He is good friends with both Lawrence and Zamir White . With Lawrence committed and crystal balls trending to Clemson lately for White , he may be persuaded .
Maybe I hope too much ??

DB23

Feb 15, 2017, 6:09 AM

Honestly, if he has to be persuaded, then he doesn't really want to be a Tiger. I think he is torn between his childhood team and the team that is best for him. Seen through orange glasses of course.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2017, 6:24 AM

I agree , I think anyone with offers at scholarships to free rides to college because of playing a sport should block out the background noise and try to pick what they believe meets there needs and fits them best .
Love this kids talent , hope he picks Clemson .

DB23

Feb 15, 2017, 6:24 AM [ in reply to Re: This is why we as fans CANNOT bash recruits ]

Trust me he is a Coot I'm sure of it.

Feb 15, 2017, 6:25 AM

You're making my AM coffee flat !

??

DB23

Feb 15, 2017, 6:25 AM [ in reply to Re: This is why we as fans CANNOT bash recruits ]

Well, your projection may be right, but a lot can happen over a year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2017, 6:28 AM

As a Florence resident, his whole family is coot and he is 100% coot. Even his teammates at IMG know it. Don't want to say we are "wasting our time", but this is exactly like the Clowney saga. He knows where he is going and just enjoying the free trips.

i agree, clowney part II.....

Feb 15, 2017, 8:06 AM

need to keep recruiting him for the very slight chance he comes here, but hopes shouldn't get too high imo.

I think the "friends" thing w/ white & lawrence is just something to keep the drama around his decision. If he and his family grew up South Carolina fans then it's gonna be just like lattimore & clowney (USC all the way)

would love nothing more than to be proven wrong

Re: i agree, clowney part II.....

Feb 15, 2017, 8:28 AM

But he also says his idol is Vic Beasley, which is strange if he is a "die hard" SC fan. He grew up during the 5 peat era, and I'm sure that shaped his perception, but perceptions are constantly being reshaped, and he will make the most important decision of his life to this point in a different era. Vic's success in Atlanta is speaking volumes at this time. Clemson took a two or three star RB, and turned him into a force on the D line. What can happen at Clemson with a guy like X?

Feb 15, 2017, 8:33 AM

His 'idol' is clowney. He want's to be the "face" of the program like Clowney. That's means he is an attention seeker. I'd like to be wrong but the only reason he is holding out is to see if USCjr has a 7-6 season or a 5-7 or worst season.

Feb 15, 2017, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: i agree, clowney part II..... ]

a player with this type of talent will "shine" anywhere. I don't think he's afraid of not getting to the NFL b/c his raw talent alone will get him there regardless of how well his college team does.

hypothetically, if roles were reversed and I was an Elite player like XT/Clowney with offers from both schools (i've been a tiger fan since birth). Carolina coming off a national championship and Clemson "stuck in the mud"..... I'm going to Clemson no questions asked, b/c that's what fandom is.............ESPECIALLY if it runs deep in the family as it does with XT..............so I can't blame the kid for picking his lifelong school favorite.........that would likely be the case for most all the fans on this board as well.

Feb 15, 2017, 8:48 AM

This guy gets it.

Reverse the roles. Or think about if you were a basketball prospect and being recruited by Clemson and UNC and were a lifelong Clemson fan and your parents were Clemson fans and you were pretty certain you were going to the NBA regardless. For me, I'd be torn, as I think this kid is. Some want to build a program like Tahj Boyd and cj spiller as opposed to going with the established powerhouse, or play for the team they grew up cheering for and help make that team better even if means not winning as much. XT hasn't bad mouthed Clemson, and if he chooses SC there are a lot of reasons that would be a defensible decision. More people here need to consider what they would do if the roles were reversed.

pheeble***

Feb 15, 2017, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: i agree, clowney part II..... ]

Feb 15, 2017, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: This is why we as fans CANNOT bash recruits ]

Our chances are better than that.

Kids pick the other school all the time.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Please contact the coaches and give them your inside info.

Feb 15, 2017, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: This is why we as fans CANNOT bash recruits ]

Could save them a lot of time and I'm sure they would be extremely pleased.

Feb 15, 2017, 7:13 AM [ in reply to Re: This is why we as fans CANNOT bash recruits ]

I too feel he is a coot from birth, but hope he flips at the end. Does Clemson want him yes, will the program die without him.......don't be silly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Feb 15, 2017, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: This is why we as fans CANNOT bash recruits ]

He seems coot all the way.

If you ask for rain, you gotta also deal with the mud.***

Feb 15, 2017, 7:17 AM

+1..... HOWEVER, i prefer beaches....

Feb 15, 2017, 12:19 PM

Sand just doesn't 'mud up'!

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Feb 15, 2017, 8:36 AM

completely agree. These people on social media need to quit living vicariously through Clemson football and recruiting. It's pathetic for someone to go on a 17 year old kids social media and say all of this stuff when they don't even know the kid

Lol.. that is what fans do. Live vicoursly through others.

Feb 15, 2017, 12:38 PM

4 million Bostonitest never touched a football in their life, but they all claim to be champions.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Feb 15, 2017, 8:45 AM

If the kid feels more comfortable at Usuck that is fine and I hope he is happy with where he goes. He seems to be leaning to the #####. We would all love to have him ofcourse but anybody that loves the chickens as much as he does on twitter does not seem like a great fit for Clemson. He will be with some Clemson boys for a while though this year they may get him heading our way but I want him to be committed and sure about coming to Clemson and idk if that will happen.

Feb 15, 2017, 8:45 AM
IMG_4113.JPG(45.5 K)

we got to***

Feb 15, 2017, 8:46 AM

Feb 15, 2017, 12:31 PM

XT doesn't need Clemson

And if a player makes a decision...

Feb 15, 2017, 7:00 PM

to sign or not sign with a school based on what some hayseeds said on Facebook, he's not smart enough to play at Clemson. I trust that XT (or any other guy we would seriously recruit) is smarter than that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2017, 7:56 PM

Honestly, twitter is a cesspool of unintelligible, impulsive, keyboard warriors... my advice for just about anyone - don't post on Twitter! These kids would subject themselves to a heck of a lot less stupidity if they weren't on it to begin with. When you post your every thought and opinion, on impulse, in any public forum - you're going to get reactions, both good and bad. The millineals literally thrive on likes, comments and attention. Bullying, or "trolling", has literally been a part of their entire life. It's ridiculousness at its best but they subject themselves to it. And if your loftiest aspiration in life is to become a pro athlete, you might as well get used to it because it literally only gets worse.

Feb 16, 2017, 12:44 AM

I see his tweets and troll the coots that reply to him. I never say anything to him directly. That said, his tweets are annoying. He's constantly rivalry baiting and usually appears to side with the coots. Idc though. I just like to remind the coot responders how bad they suck.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic