Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is a big money game for J. Carman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

This is a big money game for J. Carman

Dec 10, 2019, 5:39 PM

He will shoot to the top of next year's draft boards if he has a good showing vs Young. If I'm Caldwell, I'd give him a chance to see if he can handle Young 1 on 1 before helping him. I think he's one of the few guys in the country with the size and quickness to hold his own. I'd have a short leash with Anchrum though. Young plays on both sides. If it goes bad early, I'd change up the scheme immediately and either chip with the RB or help Anchrum with a TE if he lines up on Right side.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you scheme to double team Young from the get go.

Dec 10, 2019, 5:47 PM

Don't want to wait "till it goes bad" to do that. It is much easier to keep momentum than to turn it around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you scheme to double team Young from the get go.

Dec 10, 2019, 5:55 PM

The best way to get the initial momentum may be with having a TE or RB as a potential extra weapon, rather than keeping them in to double Young. If we can handle Young one-on-one and/or if Trevor can find open receivers on the run from Young, we win the game going away.

Double team Young from the get go.

Dec 10, 2019, 6:04 PM

I think Galloway can help with that.
He has had a long time to get ready for Young.

Double team Young from the get go.

Dec 10, 2019, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I think you scheme to double team Young from the get go. ]

I think Galloway can help with that.
He has had a long time to get ready for Young.

Dec 10, 2019, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I think you scheme to double team Young from the get go. ]

I’d hit the RB to his side every time he rushed in. Move the WR’s to the opposite side to burn him and then freeze him and on the next play run directly at him with lead blockers to wear him out.

It’s going to be shock an awe from us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Letting it "go bad" before double teaming Young could...

Dec 10, 2019, 6:20 PM [ in reply to I think you scheme to double team Young from the get go. ]

...be DISASTROUS for TL16.

One bad hit and TL16 could be out of the game.

Double him from the beginning.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Dec 10, 2019, 11:02 PM [ in reply to I think you scheme to double team Young from the get go. ]

Yes, and I think getting a good lead early takes them out of their run game a bit. Run right at him.

Re: This is a big money game for J. Carman

Dec 10, 2019, 5:51 PM

True! It could shoot him up the board with a good showing! Or if he at least holds his own. Because he is only a true Sophomore I don't think a not so great game would hurt him.

Perhaps C. Young will do what Saban suggested some of his players did. Worried more about getting hurt ahead of the NFL draft rather than give their all. ***Note: he said it differently at the same time talking about some coaches who were perhaps looking at their next stop instead of focusing on the task at hand. Look it up!

Particularly if Clemson were to be able to get a quick lead on the Buckeyes!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 6:19 PM

Dealing with young is simple, just hide his cleats and syphon the gas out of his car before the game. Too easy. Amateurs.

Dec 10, 2019, 6:25 PM

If Carman can "handle" him, he won't see Young much during the game. The guy plays all over the field and will attack the point of least resistance.

Remember, pass rushing is an art form and deception is involved. Single-blocking Young on a 7-step drop on TL's blind side would be a very bad idea.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:14 PM

This! They will move Young around to confuse the blocking as they have been doing all year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 9:56 PM

Young will be moved around to try and find a weak link but 95% of the time he be on Anchrum. He can handle it.

Dec 10, 2019, 10:01 PM

Whiny “he” can handle it?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 11:54 PM

Carman will play his best game. He is from Ohio and will not want to hear the noise from his friends back home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2019, 6:55 AM

Forgot about that angle! Let's hope he's motivated by playing his home state "big" university!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tell him don’t jump offsides.***

Dec 10, 2019, 11:57 PM

Dec 11, 2019, 7:02 AM

Run the ball strait at him over & over & show him he’s not playing a team from their slow, lethargic schedule. It won’t take long to show him how different it is to be playing actual elite talent. Trust that Clemson’s O line will be just fine in this game. Especially when the osu defense is worn down because of their offense not being able to stay on the field. Clemson by 20+

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic