Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thinking Miami under Richt was a Pretender but UGa under Smart more the real deal.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,832

Thinking Miami under Richt was a Pretender but UGa under Smart more the real deal.

Dec 4, 2017, 9:34 AM

What think you?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smart got Richts players to the CFP

Dec 4, 2017, 9:41 AM

Richt got Al Goldens to the championship game. I'd say pretty comparable right now. UGA was in a much better talent spot than Miami was 2 years ago.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And many of the stupids here were ripping on UGA with their struggles last year.

Dec 4, 2017, 9:44 AM

Saying Smart was a bad choice. Only time will tell.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think both UGA and UM won on their coaching hires

Dec 4, 2017, 9:48 AM

Richt is a heck of a coach. But he had been at UGA a long time. His message just wasn't resonating. He doesn't have the "keep it new, lively personality" so it just got stale. Kirby Smart is basically the same system, with new blood and energy.

Miami got a heck of a coach with a new message (at least for them) who is coming home. "The U" has its own built in personality so Richt doesn't have to force it. And most of all, Miami got a coach that they know will run the program with compliance in mind. Miami can't afford to win and go on probation again.

Re: I think both UGA and UM won on their coaching hires

Dec 4, 2017, 9:55 AM

Coach Richt's problem at UGA is he would suspend players for being stupid (i.e. Arrested), whereas Coach Smart has taken over from is mentor Saban and just allows them to get away with it. Coach Richt always seemed to have a couple of players suspended for big games and Coach Smart that I can see hasn't punished anyone. Time will tell. He just had 2 players arrested Saturday night and one of them for the 3rd time. I think coach Richt would kick him off the team, especially after this time. I'm still waiting on coach Smart. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And many of the stupids here were ripping on UGA with their struggles last year.

Dec 4, 2017, 10:23 AM [ in reply to And many of the stupids here were ripping on UGA with their struggles last year. ]

I wouldn't say that many thought it was a bad choice but most like myself actually respects Coach Richt and wanted UGA to fail after what they did to him. Unlike Dabo he had to recruit the thugs he got because if he didn't then he would be at the bottom of the SEC with Vandy and Kentucky. One of the reasons the school wanted to take away his discipline authority because he wasn't afraid to discipline and kick players off the team that were bad for the team. The school wanted to win in a big way and were never going to with Richt there so he had to leave. This kind of happened at Florida this year. Although McElwain wasn't a great coach his career was over when he suspended 9 players at the beginning of the season. Of course you will find it hard to convince a Florida Fan that, that was the reason the season was a bad as it was. I'm just glad Dabo can find the players that have morals and want to play for him. Does that mean every player will work out. Of course not as evident with the issues 2 years ago. But most believe Dabo nipped that in the Butt and most know that he will not tolerate those distractions. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EVERYBODY TU this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dec 4, 2017, 10:44 AM

Great post

Re: Thinking Miami under Richt was a Pretender but UGa under Smart more the real deal.

Dec 4, 2017, 9:42 AM

I think Georgia realized that Richt could never win a game like that and got lucky hiring yet another Saben disciple. They were right. However, Richt will build Miami and the next coach will probably be the one that takes them back to prominence. JMO.

Everyone forgets that Richt REFUSED

Dec 4, 2017, 9:53 AM

to sign his contract at UGA all season because ,it had a clause in it giving the AD more of a say in discipline issues.

The defensive guy that just got arrested for the 3rd time ,wouldn't have been there for that 3rd arrest to happen if Richt was still there.

As far as Strong goes, we'll see what happens when all of Richt's guys are gone.

Look at Louisville after all of Strong's players got gone.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,832
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic