Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Notre Dame joins the ACC in football, by some miracle,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

If Notre Dame joins the ACC in football, by some miracle,

Nov 25, 2015, 7:24 AM

which division do they go to? We're at 7 on each side. Does the ACC ask another school to join to make it an even 16? If so, who?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Navy***

Nov 25, 2015, 7:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Sweet.. more triple option said no football fan in 25 years.

Nov 25, 2015, 7:30 AM

Jk, I'm sure they would be a great addition, but I think the ACC could and should do better than that. No offense to Naval Academy meant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Just not sure who else is out there

Nov 25, 2015, 7:34 AM

That would be a good fit or would/could come

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

but are they a basketball school? It's important. - Swoffie.***

Nov 25, 2015, 7:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Just not sure who else is out there

Nov 25, 2015, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Just not sure who else is out there ]

Cincinnati maybe.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Likely the Naval Academy***

Nov 25, 2015, 7:28 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kick out wake. Never happen but we'd be rid of dead weight.***

Nov 25, 2015, 7:34 AM

^^^this

Nov 25, 2015, 7:56 AM

Of course it will never happen. But they add nothing to the conference.

Agree!!!***

Nov 25, 2015, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Kick out wake. Never happen but we'd be rid of dead weight.*** ]

Re: If Notre Dame joins the ACC in football, by some miracle,

Nov 25, 2015, 7:49 AM

If the NCAA would have the cajones to do its' bloody job, they could lay the death penalty on UNCheat and the ACC could kick their arses to the curb. Addition by subtraction! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

East Carolina, Navy

Nov 25, 2015, 7:55 AM

Nm

Given the ACC's likely plan of action

Nov 25, 2015, 8:02 AM

... they'll split UNC into a west and east campus, and give the Heels a double share of the profits.

Failing that, ECU is unlikely to pass the North Carolina block. Besides, the northern faction will likely want a school that would lessen travel and possibly open new TV markets. the taking of Louisville shows that academics aren't the sacred cow they once were.

You're most likely looking at Cincy, UConn or working a deal with the Big 12 to pick up W. Virginia.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cincinnati***

Nov 25, 2015, 8:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on what the Big XII does...

Nov 25, 2015, 8:20 AM

I think Houston is a gimme to join the Big XII, so they will be looking for 1 more team to add. If they want to give WV a team close to home, they will go after Cincy. If not, the obvious choices for them would be either BYU, Boise State or Colorado State. With Colorado Sate being the closest geographically and bringing the biggest market, Denver.

If the Big XII doesn't get Cincy, then I think they are the best possible team within the geographical area. They provide a solid football program as well as a good basketball program. Swoffie and his infinite wisdon probably wants UCONN, but they are terrible in football. Please, please, please don't let it be UCONN.

Personally, I'd love to see the ACC work a deal with the Big XII and add WV. They, in my opinion, would be the best overall addition not counting academics. Decent football program, up and coming/good baseball program and always relevant in basketball. Then split the ACC into North/South divisions. Cincy isn't a bad addition though either with it unlikey to get WV.

North: South:
ND FSU
Pitt GT
Cuse Clemson
BC UNC
WV/Cincy Duke
VT NCST
UVA Wake
Louisville Miami

Re: Depends on what the Big XII does...

Nov 25, 2015, 11:36 AM

Would love a North and South Division but the North teams would veto because they like going down south for recruiting. Ha - which with 16 teams means that there would be even less cross division play (or the same by adding an additional conference game).

Don't know, but IF ND gets in, they should go to the Coastal

Nov 25, 2015, 10:10 AM

I think they are in the Atlantic in everything but football, but they need to be in the Coastal in everything including football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2015, 10:12 AM

I would make a run at WV. I think we dissed them when we took Syracuse instead of them. They were the natural choice to go along with Pitt as they have a rivalry but I would try them before I brought in Uconn or Navy. Also maybe look at Memphis or Temple.

They'll move Wake to the Coastal and put ND in the Atlantic.***

Nov 25, 2015, 10:15 AM

Wyoming***

Nov 25, 2015, 10:30 AM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Nov 25, 2015, 10:43 AM

They'd have add a school and go to 16 if Notre Dame wanted to join in football. The ACC could pick up UConn or Navy any time it wanted to add them. West Virginia would probably be a better football program to add, but they'd have to convince the Big 12 to let them out of their grant of rights. Penn State out of the Big 10 would be even better, but that's probably not realistic.

Clemson would be the biggest beneficiary if the ACC could split the divisions North-South after going to 16. That would let the Tigers play almost all of their away games in the states where they recruit: Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina.

Why not Memphis?***

Nov 25, 2015, 10:46 AM

If we get Notre Dame, I'd like to consider:

Nov 25, 2015, 10:57 AM

Navy - would be a big plus to GET ND. Obviously a great academic school, plays a tradition game in Army Navy every year, re-establishes the DC market for us.

West Virginia - Great geography, great rivalries, passionate fans, good football that would get much better in the ACC vs Big 12, good basketball.

UConn - Shores up the NYC market, great basketball, good location, some pretty good rivalries with the old Big East teams.

Cincy - don't love it but fairly good location with Lville and ND in the conference - opens Ohio to ACC influence (although ND already somewhat does that).

DEFINITELY would not ECU...FOUR in NC is more than enough. Would rather not have any more Florida schools either, so no USF or UCF.

My guess is that going to 16 would only happen if we could do the rotating schedule instead of the two division format.

But if we had two divisions, I like North/South with the following "Rivalry" pairings:

SOUTH --- NORTH
Clemson - VT (Two great football schools, fairly close - this would be a great annual game)
FSU ----- Lville (Excellent football)
Miami --- BC (Big East rivals and Miami would probably like to play a Northeastern school)
GT ------ ND (GREAT for ND, as they would play GT, BC and Navy every year)
UNC ----- UVA (Old school ACC)
Duke ---- Syracuse (two private schools with basketball tradition)
Wake ---- Navy (Underdog rivalry)
NCSU ---- Pitt (Blue collar feel)

Play nine conference games. Make the cross-division game the same weekend every year and market it (ie, "north vs south").

null

Rather than add a school, can we just

Nov 25, 2015, 11:11 AM

kick one out?

My vote is Syracuse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Rather than add a school, can we just

Nov 25, 2015, 11:16 AM

We would add UConn or, less likely, WVU. It would not be Navy. I also think the conference would realign:

NORTH
- UConn
- Syracuse
- BC
- ND
- Pitt
- Virginia
- Virginia Tech
- Louisville

SOUTH
- Wake
- UNC
- Duke
- NCSU
- Clemson
- Georgia Tech
- FSU
- Miami

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everything I've heard says if Notre Dame joins..

Nov 25, 2015, 11:22 AM

They leave it at 15 and and split into three 5 team divisions. Two top ranked teams in the CFP rankings play for the Championship. This would allow round robin play between the 3 divisions and two games from each of the other two divisions every year. Would allow a better/quicker rotation of all the other teams in the conference compared to what we currently are seeing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2015, 11:47 AM

I've heard from a decent source that PSU isn't happy with the B1G

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Nov 25, 2015, 12:02 PM

Would like to see Cincy, but if they could get PSU, that would be great. Don't like the North South alignment due to the fact that most of the power teams would be in 1 division as it is now. The ACC needs to realign anyway to make the divisions more equal. Swoffie needs to get off his lazy #### and do what he is being paid to do and quit protecting his beloved cheating school.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Notre Dame decides to join we might also get Penn State

Nov 25, 2015, 12:06 PM

I believe they would be willing to move. Depends on what it would take to get out of the Big 10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic