Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jounge, friend just snagged a 2019 Discovery
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 496

Jounge, friend just snagged a 2019 Discovery

Apr 12, 2021, 1:32 PM

do I make fun of them or envy them? I'm nut huge on the styling for the 2019, especially the Sport (not sure what they got yet). I assume you guys will have great opinions.

PS, I drive an F150 so I am vanilla AF.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on if it's a sport.

Apr 12, 2021, 1:33 PM

Regular one has some offroad chops. Sport is a 4 cylinder poseur.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I pass those all the time, saw several in Murderburg

Apr 12, 2021, 1:40 PM

and I can't help but chuckle at their poverty

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Evoques are my favorite, or as I call them

Apr 12, 2021, 1:44 PM

the "Dream Barbie My First Range Rover"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rear visibility be like

Apr 12, 2021, 1:57 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched Demuro's take on a Pontiac Aztek last night

Apr 12, 2021, 2:01 PM

It was funny watching him go over hills and trying to look under/over the rear window "spoiler" between the windows.

His nasally voice is a Sonic pain generator.

Apr 12, 2021, 2:24 PM

I can’t get through one of his clips.

It is. I haven't decided if he's trying to rip off Jay Leno

Apr 12, 2021, 2:28 PM

or not. And when he starts with "THISSS....is a 1987 Nissan Pulsar" it makes me flip the eff out.
That, and the constant j-ing O to anything Ferrari makes.

But it's free content, so i'll watch it when I'm bored. He does have a pretty interesting cross reference of vehicles.

How did we go from super sport meaning

Apr 12, 2021, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Depends on if it's a sport. ]

bad assed to sport meaning "eh." Sharkgirl has an Outlander Sport which has done its job with aplomb, but sporty it aint.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've seen several mini-vans with a "sport" package.

Apr 12, 2021, 3:03 PM

WTH is that? "Sport", in a mini van?

Is that just the ability to run over pedestrians and drive off? 'Cause that's the only "sport" I can think of in a minivan. I mean, it being a mini van even makes sex in it kinda creepy.

It's intended to offset how uncool the trim or model is.

Apr 12, 2021, 3:34 PM [ in reply to How did we go from super sport meaning ]

It's usually the entry level trim or a not particularly cool model, like the new Bronco Sport or the base Mazda CX-5.

I'd feel sorry for them if its not under warranty

Apr 12, 2021, 1:37 PM

ION, I saw a new Defender this weekend with the huge box on the rear window I keep complaining about.

I don't care how cool anyone thinks this is, just like bell bottom jeans and big clunky shoes on women, there's just no way this will ever look good:

Is that a

Apr 12, 2021, 1:39 PM

fucking samsonite suitcase?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like it.

Apr 12, 2021, 1:41 PM

I imagine since its a land rover, it will be bolted to the window with 4 bolts (no gasket) that are a special size and made from unobtanium, that have to be regularly changed or they will corrode and cause the truck to fall apart.

Nah.....does leave an exposed hole though but

Apr 12, 2021, 1:41 PM

aftermarket vendor already made plugs for it.

So its got a big hole in the glass with a bigger plastic

Apr 12, 2021, 1:46 PM

plug for it?

Yeah, the southern sun won't have any affect on that leaking.

nope, not in the glass. Trim plastic. Doesn't go

Apr 12, 2021, 1:47 PM

thru to interior. Plugs are cosmetic.

So what you're saying here is that your Defender has

Apr 12, 2021, 1:49 PM

one these Samsonite cargo boxes?

Why is it not on both sides?

Nope. I’m agreeing that it’s stupid in 98% of use cases.

Apr 12, 2021, 2:04 PM

Only reason you’re seeing them now is because dealers know the “gotta have it” early trendy-type buyers will pay for whatever options the dealer orders them with.

I like the stripped down versions with the steelies.

Apr 12, 2021, 2:10 PM

I'd have gladly driven the first one the TFL had. I've taken a 180 on all these frilly options for some reason.

This must be the next step in getting old or something.

$50 says it is a first aid kit

Apr 12, 2021, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Is that a ]

in case they scrape their knee walking through Whole Foods.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pretty freaking useful

Apr 12, 2021, 1:41 PM [ in reply to I'd feel sorry for them if its not under warranty ]

If you're 2 days off the grid and your car interior is stacked full of gear and you need a place to keep muddy recovery kinetic ropes and tree savers.

It's pretty freaking stupid if you're tooling around Lennox Square mall and the interior of that box will be just as pristine the day you trade it in as the day you bought it (yes, I teed it up).

Oh my God...its just..Out There

Apr 12, 2021, 1:45 PM

There has to be a better way than that--its just so big.

I haven't driven one, but I'd think it makes a bigger blind spot back there than the FJ Cruiser has.

There's a Toyota FJ that tools around my area, with a

Apr 12, 2021, 2:28 PM [ in reply to It's pretty freaking useful ]

fuggin' snorkel. I doubt that thing has ever been out of 2WD. Probably IS a 2WD (but we can't know that without getting it on a lift--I'll ask the owner if I see him).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a guy in my neighborhood who drives a

Apr 12, 2021, 2:46 PM

Kia Sportage with a lift and a snorkel. It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I'm a little late, but I just wanted to say how much

Apr 12, 2021, 5:20 PM [ in reply to There's a Toyota FJ that tools around my area, with a ]

I appreciate this reference. Jah bless.

19B

Also:

Apr 12, 2021, 2:29 PM [ in reply to It's pretty freaking useful ]

can't check your blind spot because Samsonite suitcase? No problem! Just look out your side mirror, which also has a great view of...a Samsonite suitcase.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my wife drives the Sport

infotainment has gone out twice in little over two years. I like the drive, the heated windshield is just terrible to look through though....all I see are the lines.

Fit and feel is pretty posh though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They look like a door wedge, so if you're into that kind of

styling they aren't too bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sorta like them when they're kitted out a bit

Apr 12, 2021, 1:46 PM

I'd dig one with a diesel and the locking diffs package.

Kind of looks like a 16 year old inherited his moms

Apr 12, 2021, 1:53 PM

Highlander and wanted to make it a little more aggressive looking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really sure how I feel having my taste critiqued

Apr 12, 2021, 2:01 PM

By a willing participant in the purchase of a late 2000’s Jeep Cherokee.

It was a 2014. If you like that Land Rover, some mud tires

Apr 12, 2021, 2:16 PM

and a roof rack would have had you drooling over that bad boy. Trail Rated too!

These guys would love it.

Apr 12, 2021, 2:21 PM

Its like the FBcooch USC fan version of a Jeep enthusiast. They go out to junk yards scouring Jeep parts, and this dude srsly thinks the WJ may have been one of the best vehicles ever made, and he'll argue about it. In a weird way though, they are interesting to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCymySKUCz5QUAoVUjZbhX6w

looks like an elephant sat on the back of it

Apr 12, 2021, 2:04 PM [ in reply to They look like a door wedge, so if you're into that kind of ]

or mebbe a couple fat chicks.

on on my third engine in my 2016 F Pace (all under warranty)

Apr 12, 2021, 3:53 PM

good times await you my friend!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I recall someone trying to warn you.

Apr 12, 2021, 3:57 PM

I also recall someone responding with what a sublime RWD based platform it was.

C’est la vie.

Feels like Tata has slashed the production quality control budget and signed it over to the styling dept. if nothing else their cars are beautiful these days.

I warned him also and he replied with a snarky comment***

Apr 12, 2021, 4:00 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I challenged him, but my 82 year-old dad wanted to buy

Apr 12, 2021, 4:52 PM

A new Traverse Premier last year...after putting 4K miles on his 2014 Cadillac (I despised). His reasoning was for the myriad activities he (no longer) undertook (hunting, target range for his armory of guns, etc.) He bought it in May...passed away right before Halloween.

Here I sit with vehicle I don't want, that's had all of 1700 miles put on it in 11 months. I've never filled the car, but washed it twice...LOL! Running boards, transmission oil cooler sit to the side...he never put them on. Talk about your ROI. But...that new car smell is still strong...but I'm not keeping it. Nope. (Or the armory of weaponry, either...well, not most of it!)

Being left with 'all' is sorta nice, but a challenging disconnect when tastes diverge! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I challenged him, but my 82 year-old dad wanted to buy

Apr 12, 2021, 5:11 PM

haha, its a beautiful car and has been fun to drive

Apr 12, 2021, 7:42 PM [ in reply to I recall someone trying to warn you. ]

the E Pace loaner I'm in now... not so much

Think I'm going in for an X5 next

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wife snagged a pic, it is a 2019 Discovery Sport

Apr 13, 2021, 7:44 AM

so I am not envious.

Replies: 41
| visibility 496
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic