Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year

Dec 29, 2019, 12:14 PM

Answer: 0. The closest would be Auburn, but their offense is very 1 dimensional. We are a different breed than anything they have seen all year, and I think that's our strength going into the game. Yes they have an elite offense... but now we finally see it up against a defense with a pulse and an offense that can match it! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have an elite QB. Their run game is meh at best.***

Dec 29, 2019, 12:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They have an elite QB. Their run game is meh at best.***

Dec 29, 2019, 7:08 PM

If Edwards Elaire is healthy, their run game is way more than meh.

I'd give LSU an A+ on offense and a C- on defense.

Dec 29, 2019, 12:29 PM

For comparison, I'd say Ohio State gets A- on offense and solid A on defense. Joe Burrow will give us all we can handle, but I think we move the ball on the LSU D. 4 teams have scored 35+ on them, and our offense is as good or better than any of those.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

What kind of scale are you using?

Dec 29, 2019, 7:13 PM

Ohio state, UGA, and Clemson were the 3 best defenses in the country so I would say they are all A+s. If Boston College is an F and everyone else is somewhere in between I would rate LSUs defense at least a B. I'm not sure why people think they aren't good on that side of the ball.

Re: Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year

Dec 29, 2019, 1:48 PM

We were fortunate enough to not have to barely scrape by a daunting UNC team this year. The SEC is a very easy conference these days and we were lucky enough to cake-walk our way into the SEC championship and CFP.

I’m terrified of Clemson. I know our team is scared too. Dabo’s fearless whining goes unmatched and it may prove to be insurmountable. If he puts God into the game, then it’s all over.

Re: Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year

Dec 29, 2019, 1:53 PM

Look dude your team is great. Your qb looks like a guy I saw on a teen disney movie but he's great. Best college qb I've seen in 10 years. What are teams supposed to do? What should concern you is coach o's track record. Cheatin seems to follow him. USC, ole miss.... see the trend? Not saying anything is happening but if you come over here and throw rocks we throw back. See ya in nawlins Bit##es!??

Dec 29, 2019, 3:45 PM

You can’t make fun of Burrow without acknowledging the fact that TL16 looks like the awkward kid from Dazed and Confused.

Dec 29, 2019, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year ]

This is the ticket graphic.

Dec 29, 2019, 6:36 PM

LSU Freak could make some great gifs out of this.

Dec 29, 2019, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year ]

jeffro74 said:

Look dude your team is great. Your qb looks like a guy I saw on a teen disney movie but he's great. Best college qb I've seen in 10 years. What are teams supposed to do? What should concern you is coach o's track record. Cheatin seems to follow him. USC, ole miss.... see the trend? Not saying anything is happening but if you come over here and throw rocks we throw back. See ya in nawlins Bit##es!??

So your idea of throwing rocks is throwing out unsubstantiated claims about our program because of something that happened almost decade ago at a different program? Yea you're really throwing haymakers lol. As far as this team playing tough defenses, LSU has beaten 6 teams that were ranked in the top 10 during the game. Clemson squeaked by UNC. Bahahaha. If any team in the country is battle tested, its LSU. I love seeing all the fans on here trying to take comfort in Ohio State being better than LSU, but the fact is, LSU is playing on a different level than any team in college football history. Hence the records being broken. Hence the Heisman. Hence the Biletnikoff. We comin

Fun facts

Dec 29, 2019, 5:07 PM

Ah Geez. Give it a rest. The 2 best teams are playing.

Dec 29, 2019, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year ]

Anything could happen. Comparing conferences right now is just dumb. None of that matters now. LSU and Clemson both are scary good.

Dec 29, 2019, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year ]

You left out a big hence....overrated defenses that have inflated numbers because of lack-luster SEC offenses. But, hey, leave off the facts if it fits your narrative

Dec 29, 2019, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year ]

jeffro74 said:

So your idea of throwing rocks is throwing out unsubstantiated claims about our program because of something that happened almost decade ago at a different program? Yea you're really throwing haymakers lol. As far as this team playing tough defenses, LSU has beaten 6 teams that were ranked in the top 10 during the game. Clemson squeaked by UNC. Bahahaha. If any team in the country is battle tested, its LSU. I love seeing all the fans on here trying to take comfort in Ohio State being better than LSU, but the fact is, LSU is playing on a different level than any team in college football history. Hence the records being broken. Hence the Heisman. Hence the Biletnikoff. We comin

Just Google ed orgeron and ncaa violations. It's about a page and a half of links. Not just one program its everywhere he has been. I'm just citing history. Kind of like we have the Heisman and biletnikoff.... Same crap as they were spewing about your sister bama last year. Call and ask them about us. The fact that you play in the SEC means nothing to us. I'll just say that we expect you back on the 14th of January to take your medicine. Now move along while the CHAMPS prepare to end Joe Dirt!!

Dec 29, 2019, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year ]

I liked you better as Uncle Jed now go stomp us a tune

okay, now barnaby, you’re just being a jackhole.***

Dec 29, 2019, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year ]

Dec 29, 2019, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year ]

I wish I can remember the last time some future opponent’s fans came talking smack on our board before a big game that came back after said game still talking smack. It hasn’t happened in a looooong time. Clemson shuts you guys up and serves you a big slice of humble pie every time.
Not gonna be any different this time! You got a Superman QB who is about to meet a little bit of kryptonite and you are about to be crowned 2nd best Tigers.

Dumb Sister Effer you will see the pain your big brother

Dec 29, 2019, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year ]

bama knows. By the way once burrow is gone you guys are DONE....hahahahahah

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, why are you here? I watched lsu all season, your

Dec 29, 2019, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year ]

Qb is awesome, your rb has a lot of heart, but your D outside of Delpit is a sieve. Florida could have beaten you, but they have an idiot for a HC.

Clemson will score on you, the only question is how well Clemson handles Burrow.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look, LSU is loaded. People were on here (many) saying we

Dec 29, 2019, 1:54 PM

would blow out Ohio State. It was preposterous.

We will have to play our best football to beat LSU. The good news is we're pretty dang good too. But let's not start with the notion that we don't really now how good they are.

Dec 29, 2019, 3:55 PM

Crunched some numbers. These are averages so not totally 100% accurate but do offer insight into the competition both Clemson & LSU have faced.

Average offense LSU has faced: 62.
Average offense Clemson has faced: 61.

So we’ve played pretty much the same caliber offenses.

Average defense LSU has faced: 58.
Average defense Clemson has faced: 78.

They’ve played better defenses, that’s easy to see; but, considering LSU’s defense ranks 32 and Clemson’s 1, there is a larger disparity on the LSU side.

Finally, I think a very compelling stat as well is the average amount of points LSU puts up per game.

2019 LSU averages 48 PPG.
2018 Alabama averaged 47 PPG.

Burrow is a freak. But this game sets up just like last years—Clemson running into a buzz saw and has no chance to stop such a prolific offense.

I like our chances with BV & 14 days.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 6:40 PM

Bro… Clemson is in no position to criticize the schedule that LSU played this year. If there is one thing that is probably universally believed among all college fan bases, with the exception of Clemson right now, Clemson has no business comparing schedules with LSU.

you still haven’t faced a complete team.

Dec 29, 2019, 6:52 PM

We went toe to toe with one last night. You’ll see what I mean.

I tend to agree with you there. But we must also agree that

Dec 29, 2019, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year ]

schedule nor conference matter right now. At all. Both LSU and CLemson beat really good teams to get here. No true Clemson fan on this board actually believes LSU played a weak schedule. If LSU wins, it won't be because they are an SEC school....it will be because they were better THAT NIGHT. Same goes for Clemson.

I've enjoyed your posts thus far. You are a fan with sense.

Go Tigers and may the best team win.

That's it, keep eating that rat poison...

Dec 29, 2019, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year ]

...Clemson hasn't played anyone, the ACC sucks, blah blah blah. Your "universal belief" is wish-casting on steroids my friend. Your Home Alone boy, Mr "Still hoping for the perfect game" is luxuriating in his cocky delusions of perfection....that's how we like em.

I do expect a cat-fight, but you guys (Home Alone clown in particular) are being set up perfectly for the knock down of the ages.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Name 1... just 1, well balanced team that has a great defense that LSU has played all year ]

Absolutely. In about 2 weeks we can judge this little debate based on head to head. So just be man enough to come back and give props after the game. You win and I'll be the first to say congrats. I think I have that congrats message saved somewhere. I haven't used it 29 GAMES! But I will find it if I have to???? Doubt it but good luck and good health to your team.

Dec 29, 2019, 6:57 PM

All of the talking is done. This will be settled 16 days from now. We will get your best you will get our best

We aren’t scared. We welcome the challenger***

Dec 29, 2019, 7:06 PM

Dec 29, 2019, 7:14 PM

I didn't watch a lot of LSU games, but from the games I have watched, they have good offense, but the whole team is not that great.

I know they have #1 total offense and Joe Burrow looked awesome against Oklahoma, but, yeah, it's Oklahoma defense.

Okay, okay, Oklahoma defense was supposed to be the best in quite a long time, but I don't think their defense is great or anything.

Against Alabama, it's just that Alabama made too many mistakes. It just looked like it's not the same Saban-coached team that we've seen. That's why the narrative after the game was Saban might be done at coaching. If Alabama gets to play LSU again, I'm pretty sure Alabama will be on top the second time.

What amuses me is that, before the semi-finals, the narrative was the winner of Ohio State-Clemson game would take the title. And, also, Ohio State was like the best team of all time. Well, at least in the college playoff era.

Now, after LSU torched Oklahoma and Clemson won, it seems like LSU is now an all world.

Personally, between Ohio State and LSU, I was more concerned about Ohio State than LSU. One other thing that I was concerned was the winner of Fiesta Bowl would get banged up a lot and now that's become true.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic