Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honestly, was sucks defense that good or uncheat that bad?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Honestly, was sucks defense that good or uncheat that bad?

Sep 4, 2015, 8:05 AM

Dante sawyer and marquavius Lewis both looked ok and skai Moore looked good too. Their offense was abysmal but I'm not sure whether uncheats defense was the cause of that or whether they really just sucked.

I guess I'm asking, did we see 2 much improved teams locked in a defensive battle or 2 p!ss poor teams tripping on each other.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know, but I can tell you what the answer will be on

Sep 4, 2015, 8:07 AM

here.

SCar gave up over 6 yards a carry.

Sep 4, 2015, 8:09 AM

And 13 yards a pass. Not impressive.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

If You Think That D

Sep 4, 2015, 9:07 AM [ in reply to I don't know, but I can tell you what the answer will be on ]

was anything but average then you absolutely no nothing of football and should never comment. that d sucked and 3 redzone turnovers by a pathetic unc team is the ballgame. you're a ###### moran

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: If You Think That D

Sep 4, 2015, 9:31 AM

the reason i asked is because uncheat had the ability to be a pretty decent offense, and showed that last year. moreover, almost, if not, all of the starters from that offense were back this year. that should make a reasonable assumption that they should at least be marginally better than they were last year. Uncheat made a lot of mistakes and mismanaged personnel. thats a given. but for what its worth, there are a lot of unknowns from last night.

i remember this time last year thinking that after usuck got blown out by aTm,that georgia would surely steamroll them. well, that didnt happen. so it would be silly to make an inference of inferiority based off of one game... which is why we have debates and discussions.

for a defense that had only what, 12 sacks all of last year to having 3 or 4 to go with 3 very crucial turnovers says at least something to me. anytime there is a turnover, the defense has at least some small part to do with it, its not like the offense can just turn it over on their own.

im not sure what i think of sc jrs defense but i was expecting nothing about what i saw last night, from either side. which is why i asked "2 average teams in a defensive duel, or retards tripping over each other?"

since i hate them both i hope its two retards, but time will tell.

An offense can turn it over on its own.

Sep 4, 2015, 9:41 AM

I give you ... the butt fumble

touche

Sep 4, 2015, 9:43 AM

nm

Re: If You Think That D

Sep 4, 2015, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: If You Think That D ]

that was for 1989 - not u

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

UNC had 450 yards and 13 points.

Sep 4, 2015, 8:07 AM

That's what happens when you turn the ball over.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Very true.

Hard to win when you do that.

and three turnovers inside the 25 yard line ...

Sep 4, 2015, 9:02 AM [ in reply to UNC had 450 yards and 13 points. ]

at least two of which were unbelievably stupid and totally unforced errors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

they gave up 440 yards and should have

Sep 4, 2015, 8:08 AM

Given up 40 points. The holes just gagged

i dont know about 40 points but I can agree

Sep 4, 2015, 8:19 AM

that Uncheat missed on way to many good opportunities. but the real question i am asking myself is "IF", and thats a big "IF" it were Clemson playing last night instead of usuck, would we say, "wow, our defense bailed us out and kept us in the game against what should be one of the better offenses in the ACC" or would we be saying the same things we are saying about usuck, because they're usuck.

i hate those dooches but im having trouble saying to myself that "usuck didn't win, uncheat lost"

if that was Clemson this place would be melting down***

Sep 4, 2015, 8:25 AM

Re: if that was Clemson this place would be melting down***

Sep 4, 2015, 8:34 AM

i wouldve probably offed myself at this point.

Re: i dont know about 40 points but I can agree

Sep 4, 2015, 9:27 AM [ in reply to i dont know about 40 points but I can agree ]

Of course you would be saying it's one of the best offenses in the country and how good your defense was at creating turnovers.

UNC averaged 33 points a game last year. They will probably be around the same this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

By that same logic

Sep 4, 2015, 9:33 AM

They also gave up an avg of 39 points per game, yet you only scored 17 with 3 turnovers? Shouldn't it have been the same as last year since, you know, their offense is the same as last year?

I don't expect any gamecock to give an honest assessment of that UNC offensive performance. Is the S.C. defense improved? Sure. But that was a very sloppy game by both teams.

Clemson

Re: By that same logic

Sep 4, 2015, 9:57 AM

I have no issue admitting our offense looked awful last night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

So Did Your D

Sep 4, 2015, 10:04 AM

idiot. that d sucked and you will be fortunate to win 5. carolina imploded and threw the ball to you

2 p!ss poor teams tripping on each other.

Most of all , we saw a UNCheat HC too stupid to coach Big Boy Football and an EMOTIONAL QB that can't recover once he makes a mistake. As long as he doesn't mess up, once he does, he doesn't recover that game.

Larry Fedora

Sep 4, 2015, 8:13 AM

Worst play calling and personnel management I've ever seen. You would think he did everything to throw that game on purpose.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: Larry Fedora

Sep 4, 2015, 8:29 AM

Ok, your're in the Red Zone and you keep Elijah Hood on the sideline??? Fedora must have read "The Tommy Bowden Story", the chapter where he decides to keep Reggie Meriweather on the sideline against Usuc.

Haha, yep. Was thinking something similar

Sep 4, 2015, 8:39 AM

Larry Fedora should resign after that display of pisspoor coaching and playcalling. Abysmal. And their QB throws 3 INTs right to the defense's hands. But that third one shouldnt have been. You dont drop back to pass on 3rd down and goal from the 3, when big bruising Elijah Hood has been shoving it down their throats. You run on third, and run on fourth. That bonehead decision reminds me of the Jamie Harper game at FSU a few years back. He was running all over the Noles, then when we got to about the 10, genius that they were, Dabo and Napier started calling pass plays and we couldnt score and had to settle for FG's and we lost that game when we were moving up and down the field on them with Jamie Harper having the game of his career at Clemson. So darn frustrating.

When you try to get cute in the red zone and throw 2 INT's,

Sep 4, 2015, 8:26 AM

that's not USuCk's defense, that's just really, really bad play calling by Fedora.

Oh, not to mention that 4th and goal....just really poor decision making.

Screw Calford.

Not to take up for Fedora, I think he's toast....

Sep 4, 2015, 9:09 AM

But the idiot quarterback cost those two TD's and interceptions.

Now Fedora, he was a complete idiot for not running Hood that whole last series, then putting him in on the last down!

But UNCheat deserves him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not to take up for Fedora, I think he's toast....

Sep 4, 2015, 9:40 AM

Uh, it was Fedora who pulled Hood and then called the passes on 3rd and goal and 4th and goal, not the QB. Fedora made the calls so he's to blame.

Williams isn't as talented a throwing QB as he's made out to be, and it's hard to blame a kid for getting put in such a bad situation by his coach.

Screw Calford.

poor decisions.... coaching and QB

Sep 4, 2015, 8:27 AM

Fedora made some tactical mistakes...

i'm becoming more convinced that he'd be a decent offensive coordinator somewhere, but he's not an effective head coach

and the senior QB for the Heels made some astoundingly bad throws.... Williams threw 87 career passes in the red zone without an interception before last night.. and then gave away 3

Re: Honestly, was sucks defense that good or uncheat that bad?

Sep 4, 2015, 8:31 AM

Both teams were just awful, quite frankly. It looked like two very drunk clowns trying to beat each other to death with balloons and socks, stagger and falling over, until one just passed out.

Coots have a long season ahead of them.

USC gave up 440 yards on 66 plays.. 6.7 ypp.

Sep 4, 2015, 8:35 AM

That would've ranked 126th out of 128 D1 teams last year. Granted UNC's offense is much better than average (except when it came to scoring pts last night), but that was still not a good performance by SC's defense in any regard except "forcing" the red zone turnovers. If UNC gets like 1 TD and 2 FGs on those possessions it's a 26-17 loss.

Completely agree, yet ESPN still

Sep 4, 2015, 9:52 AM

had the tagline "South Defense Strong" as their tagline for highlights of the game. Still protecting their investment..

it was actually 440 on 63 plays, so more like 7 ypp

Sep 4, 2015, 11:18 AM [ in reply to USC gave up 440 yards on 66 plays.. 6.7 ypp. ]

I don't know how anybody could've watched that and thought that USC's defense was improved, or really good in any way. They gave up 6.4 yards per rush...

I also know that at least two of Williams's int's were pretty much unforced. The first one, he just didn't see the LB and threw it right to him in the endzone. It's not like USC was getting a bunch of pressure on the QB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two middling teams...

Sep 4, 2015, 9:04 AM

each trying to out-suck the other.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 4, 2015, 9:07 AM

The announcers said the coaching staff didn't want the QB to run much. Evidently that's why he threw those passes when the field was short and open to the endzone.

It's not a mistake Clemson will make. DW and our coaches have said he's free to continue his game. I remember at least two occasions DW made that claim since the SCAR game. Even with no ACL he ran when he pleased.

You just can't take one of a QB's weapons away without repercussions.

Spot the ball so we can get a look at a good offense.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was like

Sep 4, 2015, 9:24 AM

watching two mules fight in an ally over a turnip

I like your funny words magic man

Or turtles breed***

Sep 4, 2015, 10:00 AM

Here's another statistic that I'll throw out. I dunno how

Sep 4, 2015, 10:11 AM

many people are familiar with yards per point, but it kind of measures how efficiently a team scores points. Moving the ball up and down the field and piling up yards is nice, but putting points on the board is obviously the goal of a possession. Yards per point can be combined with yards per game to kind of predict scores for games.

UNC averaged 34 yards per point last night. To put that into perspective, an average team (ranked like 60th in this statistic) is usually around 14 yards per point. As a matter of act, our own Clemson Tigers were 60th in that category last year at 13.9. UNC, under Fedora, averaged 13.7 yards per point past year and 14.0 yards per point the year before.

If UNC were just average at putting the ball into the EZ (or through the uprights) last night, they would've scored 440/14 = ~31 points.

But yeah, that was a stellar defensive performance....

Re: Here's another statistic that I'll throw out. I dunno how

Sep 4, 2015, 2:18 PM

This game was a good example of why yards per point is a pretty good predictive stat. Just looking at the game using common sense, you can see that two interceptions in the end zone plus one interception on the 21 yard line would translate to a loss of between 13-21 points. The F/+ stat that all the analytics guys love right now probably works as well as it does because it weighs yards per point so heavily.

The answer is simple

Sep 4, 2015, 12:55 PM

Yes

Sep 4, 2015, 1:34 PM

UNcheat coaches called the worst offensive game I've ssen in a long time. That was also the worst QB play I've seen in a long time from Williams. He was sleepwalking. No, SCU's D is not good.thUGA will expose them. Heck, Kentucky might.

Wonder how much unc(heats) qb made throwing 2 intercepts

Sep 4, 2015, 2:01 PM

in end zone?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic