Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just curious...why can't we vote in person?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 511

Just curious...why can't we vote in person?

Jul 31, 2020, 12:59 PM

Use school gyms to spread out the voting booths. My normal location is a church. We vote in a small room where all machines are next to one another. They have a gym on the property. Why can't they move it there? Schools are all over and have gyms, shouldn't be a problem to do this all over the country.

I remember when I was younger election day there was no school and they voted in they gym.

Why can't they do this now and have the election this fall? It makes Dems happy by doing it on time, and Pubs happy by eliminating the massive mail-in.

What am I missing?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn't fit the dems narrative.

Jul 31, 2020, 1:01 PM

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

It's a secret Dem plot.

Jul 31, 2020, 1:07 PM

Step 1: Get people to believe Covid is real and contagious. (The Mask Hoax)

Step 2: Get people to believe that you can mail in your ballot just as easily as catching a contagious disease from someone else at a polling place. (The US Mail Hoax)

Step 3: Have a lot of people vote by mail.

Step 4: ?

Step 5: Profit.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

makes too much sense, which is why the MSM isn't reporting

Jul 31, 2020, 1:24 PM

on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: It's a secret Dem plot.

Jul 31, 2020, 1:35 PM [ in reply to It's a secret Dem plot. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I vote in an elementary school gym, always way spaced out.

Jul 31, 2020, 1:09 PM

um, the voting layout, not me.

But I'm for easy, secure and accurate voting, not for making voting more difficult. Pubs have a problem with changing demographics, but strategies to reduce voting is not the solution.

Maybe if in person is essential, they make it a national holiday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because it's easier to cheat with mail in voting

Jul 31, 2020, 1:12 PM

There is no other reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the idea was to allow mail-in voting.

Jul 31, 2020, 1:19 PM

Not to prevent in-person voting. Are they closing all the polling places?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are afraid they won't have enough

Jul 31, 2020, 6:11 PM

volunteers to run the polls and will have to reduce the number of polling stations. It's always older retired people at my precinct. With all the unemployed people, it seems we could pay younger people to do it if we got the funding. But the Senate will never go for it because part of their strategy is to reduce the number of polling stations and reduce the number of votes.

pubs can't disenfranchise minorities...

Jul 31, 2020, 1:22 PM

by making them prove who they are with an ID or that they are actually alive if we don't vote in person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We all want to follow the example set by our hero president

Jul 31, 2020, 1:30 PM

and mail it in just like he does.

If everyone over 65 can vote absentee by mail no question and have been for years, why not everyone that wants too?

Because most states have rules in place for

Jul 31, 2020, 1:33 PM

from that link

Jul 31, 2020, 1:42 PM

"Request an application for yourself or your immediate family member from the county voter registration office in your county of residence by phone, mail, email, or fax. You will be mailed an application."

The control is in the voter registration rolls. Could they be scrubbed better, in a legit, non-suppression type way (eliminating dead people, checking addresses, etc)? Prolly so.

But they're not gonna being mailing out ballots like Val Pack coupons.

Replies: 12
| visibility 511
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic