Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So if one player from Clemson decides not to go to the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 164
| visibility 1

So if one player from Clemson decides not to go to the

Feb 9, 2017, 12:05 PM

Whitehouse, should the entire team not go?

Being a professional player and not going is different than a college team IMO.

I say everyone goes or everyone does not go.

I can't imagine Clemson visiting without Deshaun Watson, Wayne Gallman, Christian Wilkins or anyone else.

What do you think Coach Dabo should do?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: So if one player from Clemson decides not to go to the

Feb 9, 2017, 12:06 PM

A lot of those guys aren't technically on the team anymore so they aren't as obligated to attend

Feb 9, 2017, 12:57 PM

Dabo should penalize them and make them play for one more season!

Feb 9, 2017, 12:07 PM

Yes, they go. Those that don't want to go can set himself apart from THE team. Apparently ALL IN has its limitations on who you voted for.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2017, 12:08 PM

So they're not apart of the team if they choose not to make the trip?

Feb 9, 2017, 4:53 PM

Team means everyone, right? I guess it would be ok for them to kneel at the national anthem too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol.. so if 5 guys on "the team" jump off the Ravenel bridge

Feb 10, 2017, 9:24 AM

Then they all have to jump?

Yes, it would be ok for them to kneel during the anthem.

I dont like onions, I'm certainly not going to begrudge some1 who does.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

It's different with Trump

Feb 9, 2017, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: So if one player from Clemson decides not to go to the ]

Under normal circumstances, I would tend to agree, but Trump is completely different. He is the price we pay for not having Hillary as president. Both choices were bad, so now we have to live with the lesser of two evils.

Re: It's different with Trump

Feb 9, 2017, 1:22 PM

How is it different with Trump? He is our President. Like all Presidents before him.

Feb 9, 2017, 1:50 PM

Have we ever had a sitting President tweet his frustrations at a national retail chain for dropping his daughter's jewelry line before? You can't be serious. And I voted for the guy! I feel like a bigger schmuck than he is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2017, 4:02 PM

Not defending anyone but only two presidents have had the opportunity to tweet and the first didn't have a daughter with a jewelry line.

null

Feb 9, 2017, 4:31 PM

LOL. Trump needs to drop Twitter.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Feb 9, 2017, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: It's different with Trump ]

Well when it comes to social media, we've only had 2 presidents with the option to use it.

Feb 9, 2017, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: It's different with Trump ]

Well then you probably are.

We have had a president who called out the media

Feb 9, 2017, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: It's different with Trump ]

for criticizing his daughter's recital.

http://www.rjgeib.com/heroes/truman/truman-daughter.html

So ... what Trump did was tame.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

True but was

Feb 9, 2017, 6:03 PM

True, but was Margaret Truman's recital made in China? All Ivanka's products are, including her jewelry. Like her Dad she's "Making America Great Again" by shipping AMERICAN JOBS overseas.

comparing that to Donald Trump is not even close

Feb 10, 2017, 12:51 AM [ in reply to We have had a president who called out the media ]

Trump has the temperament of a 5th grader that woke on the wrong side of the bed. Every day he's lying about something, ranting like a child about something on twitter, or acting like a baby.

Dude really needs to grow up.

Wow!! Good for you sir! Seriously...

Feb 10, 2017, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Re: It's different with Trump ]

I wish more people would swallow their pride and admit things like you just did. This world would be a much better place.

I'm as about as positioned b/n two parties as one person can be, so I like to think I'm objective and try to find the good and bad in everything.

I've had a real hard time finding the good, as more than anything I wanted to see steps taken to get the money out of politics and see special interest groups and lobbyist magically disappear. Alas, I feel like we have a 5th grade brat.

With that said, I have no issue with any players not wanting to go to the white house.

Feb 10, 2017, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: It's different with Trump ]

Look up Harry Truman's letter to the reviewer who trashed his daughter Margaret.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, Washington was too high to tweet half the time.

Feb 10, 2017, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: It's different with Trump ]

Cause Martha would always have a big ole bowl waiting for him.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: To be fair, Washington was too high to tweet half the time.

Feb 10, 2017, 4:47 PM

Dazed and Confused reference? If so, nicely done.

Has a chain ever been so political as they are now?

Feb 10, 2017, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: It's different with Trump ]

Certainly not under Obama.

It's the White House. Doesn't matter if it's Obama or Trump

Feb 9, 2017, 1:47 PM [ in reply to It's different with Trump ]

nm

The Dude abides

Feb 9, 2017, 5:55 PM [ in reply to It's different with Trump ]

Some of us would suggest we are living with the far greater of two evils. Hillary at least paid her taxes, paid her bills, didn't ship American jobs to twelve countries overseas. didn't lie about releasing her taxes and didn't make fun of the disabled.

I will grant you she hasn't publicly made fun of the

Feb 9, 2017, 6:39 PM

Handicapped and didn't lie about releasing her taxes from this past year but:
She used tax credits which were obtained by donating money to her own non-profit, which she controls the funds of
Like most politicians, she pays most of her bills with public funds
She was the one who started shipping American jobs overseas, as she was the largest proponent of NAFTA, which has been the justification for shipping jobs out of the US for over 20 years

I'm not defending Trump, but people like you who defend a woman who has been a prototypical slimy, flipflopping, lying politician is beyond absurd.

Feb 11, 2017, 2:37 AM [ in reply to Re: It's different with Trump ]

Trump didn't make fun of the disabled! He made the same gestures to numerous people both before and after his run for president where he made the same gestures in maching people for gravleing and being lost for words. It's not heard to loom up the video proof.

Snowflakes will never realize we didn't need 4 more

Feb 9, 2017, 6:15 PM [ in reply to It's different with Trump ]

years. Thankfully Trump IS different.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2017, 1:42 PM [ in reply to It's different with Trump ]

I agree that Hillary was bad -- but she's NOT TRUMP!
When DJTerriblepresident drives the world into a depression within 2 years, you will understand why the majority of people are scared to death. (He's the anti-Christ: a narcissist, a lier, a scammer, a business cheater, a bragger-adulterer, a con man, a self-proclaimed statutory rapist, and a poor businessman that's gone bankrupt 4 times and he probably hasn't paid any taxes in 15 years. Need I say more?)

Feb 11, 2017, 1:20 AM

In all fairness and accuracy to your arguement - the Anti-Christ is supposed to unite people - albeit in a deceiving way, not divide them. Obama and Trump both are dividers, not uniters.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Thus I tend to believe that none will go.

Feb 9, 2017, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: So if one player from Clemson decides not to go to the ]

"All in" can go both ways. I see team unity trumping (pardon the expression) team disharmony in any regard, however it unfolds.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is my thinking also. It was a team win

Feb 9, 2017, 4:34 PM

The team will make a decision together.

It will be like "Remember the Titans" where the team stays together although society tells them they should be separated.

Feb 9, 2017, 12:07 PM

I know Dabo shouldn't force anything on anybody. If he does, that's wrong on his part. So with that being said, if a kid chooses not to go to the WH, that's his decision and everyone should respect it... But you know the old farts and rednecks will have a problem with it.

What if a white player refused to go because of Obama?

Feb 9, 2017, 12:09 PM

That would be scandal and the player WOULD be excoriated!!

The hypocritical double standard is what bothers me. I could care less if a player goes or stays, though I think it is extremely short sighted.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: What if a white player refused to go because of Obama?

Feb 9, 2017, 12:12 PM

Tom Brady didn't attend 2 years ago.......

And he WAS raked over the coals over it.

Feb 9, 2017, 12:17 PM

There is a reason you see so many players in commercials(QB's especially) yet Brady has very few comparative ads. Expressing a conservative opinion or being a republican is vilified.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: And he WAS raked over the coals over it.

Feb 9, 2017, 12:25 PM

Honestly I don't remember seeing anything about it. Maybe a few articles, but I never seen people upset or up in arms about him not going.

Uh no he wasn't***

Feb 9, 2017, 12:41 PM [ in reply to And he WAS raked over the coals over it. ]

Brady probably doesn't do commercials because his wife

Feb 9, 2017, 12:59 PM [ in reply to And he WAS raked over the coals over it. ]

makes more money than he does and he has no need for extra income. And i honestly don't remember Brady getting raked over the coals for that at all.

Feb 9, 2017, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: What if a white player refused to go because of Obama? ]

But Brady refused to go...b/c Obama was black?
But that's okay because he's a deflater (cheater) anyway.

Feb 9, 2017, 2:22 PM

I disagree with his decision not to attend. He has an enormous platform to express his first amendment rights, out of uniform.

Feb 9, 2017, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: What if a white player refused to go because of Obama? ]

Tom Brady isn't on our team. Good try though.

Feb 11, 2017, 2:40 AM [ in reply to Re: What if a white player refused to go because of Obama? ]

Scheduling conflict

that happened and the guy got very little criticism....

Feb 9, 2017, 12:40 PM [ in reply to What if a white player refused to go because of Obama? ]

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/boston-bruins-tim-thomas-finally-faces-president-barack-obama-041712

Re: that happened and the guy got very little criticism....

Feb 9, 2017, 12:42 PM

Yea it's only a big deal when a black guy skips... Then he's racsit and disrespectful to this "great" country

Didn't you know...

Feb 9, 2017, 3:17 PM

Only white people can be racist.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Feb 9, 2017, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: that happened and the guy got very little criticism.... ]

Ah yes there are the two biggest race baiters on Tnet having a moment.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Feb 11, 2017, 12:51 AM

Sup Alum, haven't heard from you in awhile . All is love brother! Hope everything is well!

Feb 9, 2017, 1:22 PM [ in reply to What if a white player refused to go because of Obama? ]

Yep that is the truth.

Yeah right..

Feb 9, 2017, 6:13 PM [ in reply to What if a white player refused to go because of Obama? ]

of course you remember when:
"resident Obama honored the 1972 Miami Dolphins this week, the only NFL team to complete an undefeated season (sorry, Patriots fans). However, three members of that team — Hall of Fame center Jim Langer, guard Bob Kuechenberg, and defensive tackle Manny Fernandez — declined the invite, citing political differences."
"Matt Birk
The former Baltimore Ravens center won the Super Bowl earlier this year, but refused to meet President Obama because of the president's support for Planned Parenthood."
"Albert Pujols, Tony LaRussa
Pujols and LaRussa, who both took part in Glenn Beck's big Tea Party rally back in 2010, did not travel with the rest of the Cardinals to be congratulated by Obama in 2012."
"Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick, and Tony Stewart
The handful of NASCAR standouts all turned down an invite from President Obama, citing "scheduling conflicts."
I really don't remember any of these being big news and being excoriated over it!

You're stupid to think that there wouldn't be a big

Feb 9, 2017, 6:27 PM

deal of it made by the liberal press because it would be Trump. No way that Clemson should dishonor the tradition by not going.

Re: You're stupid to think that there wouldn't be a big

Feb 10, 2017, 8:38 AM

Why would it be treated any different? If the press was so freaking LIBERAL, why didn't they make a big deal out of these guys not going to see Obama and claim it was because he was black? You guys see only what you want to see and that is a bias that only exists when it cuts you.

Re: Your prejudice is showing.***

Feb 9, 2017, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: So if one player from Clemson decides not to go to the ]

There's no "I" in "TEAM".

Feb 9, 2017, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: So if one player from Clemson decides not to go to the ]

I believe this is a team function.

He will go with the players who want to attend***

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

If it were me, I wouldn't want to go...***

I'd take the ones that wanted to go...

no need to punish the rest of the team if someone chooses not to go.

They would be giving up an incredible experience, no matter if they agree with the current President's agenda or not.

These days everything has become about politics, which is sad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Just the climate we live in I guess.***

Feb 9, 2017, 12:45 PM

No, I'm thinking that if a few don't want to go, fine, but

Feb 9, 2017, 12:10 PM

the rest should go for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It should be something that is based on the individual

Feb 9, 2017, 12:18 PM

I definitely do NOT think one player should ever necessarily dictate the actions of an entire group.

Those who don't want to go should stay home, while the others go to Washington.

Some Clemson players and fans would be embarrassed if the team did NOT accept the invitation ... and some Clemson players fans would be embarrassed if the team DID accept the invitation.

There is no pleasing everyone. Trying to is fruitless waste of time.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair***

Feb 9, 2017, 12:45 PM

Re:No big deal. Do what you want. Politics change over

Feb 9, 2017, 12:18 PM

time. Most get more conservative as they get older.

Should be voluntary for all involved. Serve Dipping Dots _

Feb 9, 2017, 12:24 PM

and Chick Filet on plane as incentives!

That makes no sense. Why would about 100 people HAVE to

Feb 9, 2017, 12:31 PM

miss out on a once in a lifetime experience because ONE person took a personal political stand?

null

What if it's several that don't want to go?

Feb 9, 2017, 12:46 PM

Trump is not a normal candidate who didn't run a normal campaign.

I'm still not getting it. What if HALF refuse to go?

Feb 9, 2017, 12:50 PM

That's still 50 or so people who get to visit the White House and meet the President. Why would we want them denied that experience?

null

I just think with the way our culture is

Feb 9, 2017, 12:53 PM

it's either all or nothing. We are ALL in or not.

Think they should have a serious discussion about it. I'd like to see them ALL go. But I understand if some do not.

Oh I agree. I'd rather they all went. But it's a perk.

Feb 9, 2017, 1:00 PM

So if some players think it is important not to go, they can miss out on the perk. I'm fine with that.

I think of the special teams player almost no one knows who will never see the pros. He used football to get a college education and next year he'll be working in a cubicle somewhere, not making millions playing football and getting endorsement deals. We're going to tell him he can't visit the WH because a few of his teammates don't like the President? I can't imagine.

null

LOL, he ran the campaign that won. People were tired of

Feb 9, 2017, 6:34 PM [ in reply to What if it's several that don't want to go? ]

the "normal" politicians. Democrats hadn't heard the message. Now they have and are going crazy.

Not a majority of people.***

Feb 9, 2017, 7:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

LOL. Whatever makes you feel better!***

Feb 9, 2017, 8:10 PM

of course it's ridiculous but believe it or not that's the

Feb 9, 2017, 2:14 PM [ in reply to That makes no sense. Why would about 100 people HAVE to ]

way liberals think

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson needs to turn down the invitation, no matter who makes..

Feb 9, 2017, 12:35 PM

The final decision. trump is a person who sexually harassed and humiliated our own Nancy O'Dell and left a graduate of Clemson stranded in Dubai just because she decided to visit her family. trump has already demeaned graduates of our university, he has no place in celebrating our accomplishment.

Re: Clemson needs to turn down the invitation, no matter who makes..

Feb 9, 2017, 12:52 PM

I agree that attendance should be decided by the individual players.
Of course, if an important player or coach did not attend, the DJ Terriblepresident will likely light-up the Tweeter-sphere -- since he would take that as a personal insult.
The best alternative could be for the team to politely decline the invitation.

These kinds of hysterics are exactly why he won***

Feb 9, 2017, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Clemson needs to turn down the invitation, no matter who makes.. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These kinds of hysterics are exactly why he won***

Feb 9, 2017, 4:52 PM

Yep sadly Queenie is too dumb to realize that.

Feb 9, 2017, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Clemson needs to turn down the invitation, no matter who makes.. ]

Lmao

It should be up to the individuals to decide if they want to

Feb 9, 2017, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Clemson needs to turn down the invitation, no matter who makes.. ]

go.. but maybe not in your little socialist world.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2017, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Clemson needs to turn down the invitation, no matter who makes.. ]

lol poor poor Queenie still hasnt gotten over the fact that he won.

Lemme guess, you think it was an "anti-muslim ban"

Feb 9, 2017, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Clemson needs to turn down the invitation, no matter who makes.. ]

Don't you?

I DO! The JUDGES DO!

Feb 10, 2017, 8:51 AM

The suit was filed against Trump by the states of Washington and Minnesota, and in the decision, the judges wrote: "The states argue that the Executive Order violates the Establishment and Equal Protection Clauses because it was intended to disfavor Muslims. In support of this argument, the states have offered evidence of numerous statements by the president about his intent to implement a 'Muslim ban' as well as evidence they claim suggests that the Executive Order was intended to be that ban..."-U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

So much ignorance, so little time.***

Feb 10, 2017, 9:22 AM

Re: So much ignorance, so little time.***

Feb 10, 2017, 11:15 AM

I was just thinking the same about you, Mr. "Alternative Facts". Why don't you post something to prove your point instead of resorting to insults?

Again, just because you posted a crap ton of ignorance, it

Feb 10, 2017, 11:35 AM

doesn't place me on the right.. or mean anything at all in regards to my political alignment. It just means you posted a crap ton of ignorance.

BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Feb 10, 2017, 11:39 AM

Really, if it walks like a duck. quacks like a duck, poops likes a duck, smells like a duck, and looks like a duck, it is a DUCK! You post nothing but insults and I post facts, so I assume you don't have anything to back you up, Mr. Alternative facts, right-wing duck.

That's the point. You haven't posted any facts, in fact I'm

Feb 10, 2017, 11:54 AM

giving the benefit of the doubt by calling what you posted, "ignorance" as opposed to sheer stupidity. Otherwise I haven't used insults, unless of course you consider libtard (as a reflection of your posts) as insulting. Bottom line is - if you can't plainly see what you posted is false, then there's really not much hope for you. A feigned cyber laugh isn't helping either.

All that sentence does is restate the argument of the states

Feb 10, 2017, 11:30 AM [ in reply to I DO! The JUDGES DO! ]

That is not the ruling of the Court. The Court did not make a ruling on the merits of either side's claims.

Source: lawyer

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will this make you happy?

Feb 10, 2017, 11:45 AM

"On Thursday evening, a three-judge panel of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals unanimously decided against restoring President Trump's ban on travelers from seven Muslim-majority countries, and in their ruling, the judges invoked Trump's "numerous statements" about his intention to enact a "Muslim ban."
"WASHINGTON — A federal appeals panel on Thursday unanimously rejected President Trump’s bid to reinstate his ban on travel into the United States from seven largely Muslim nations, a sweeping rebuke of the administration’s claim that the courts have no role as a check on the president."
"A federal appeals court has refused to reinstate US President Donald Trump's ban on travellers from seven predominantly Muslim nations, dealing another blow to his young administration.

In a unanimous decision, the panel of three judges from the San Francisco-based 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals declined on Thursday to block a lower-court ruling that suspended the ban and allowed previously barred travellers to enter the US."

Who are you quoting?

Feb 10, 2017, 11:59 AM

It's easy,

"The judges did not declare outright that the ban was meant to disfavor Muslims — essentially saying it was too early for them to render a judgment on that question."

No because that doesn't prove your point

Feb 10, 2017, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Will this make you happy? ]

that the "judges agree with you." You are just quoting news articles that reference that the states argued that Trump's statements during the campaign that he wanted to implement a "Muslim ban" show that this ban was in fact supposed to be a Muslim ban. However, that is just one side's argument. Neither the Ninth Circuit nor the District Court held that the seven country travel ban was a "Muslim ban." That may come to pass at the merits hearing, but that has simply not happened yet.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

Feb 9, 2017, 12:42 PM

I don't understand. They are being recognized for their accomplishments, not for anything pertaining to politics. Why would a player not attend?

Fair question.

Feb 9, 2017, 12:48 PM

What if several players didn't want to go? Just reading the political climate right now, I'm guessing several players would not want to go.

Re: Fair question.

Feb 9, 2017, 12:56 PM

I would then say it's a bad look on your resume that you're not able to act professional. The rest of the world is expected to do their jobs and not make political statements while doing so.

Feb 9, 2017, 1:01 PM

How is that part of the job?

No one is obligated to the Whitehouse.

Many employers would see it as a feather in your cap.

Feb 9, 2017, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Fair question. ]

Tom Brady did it recently.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2017, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Fair question. ]

The Republicant US Senators refused to do their job, and would not consider Obama's mainstream nominee for the Supreme Court, just because Obama nominated him.
Not very professional??

Feb 9, 2017, 1:46 PM

Liberals are reaping what they sow from obstruction during the Bush years, and circumventing the process during the Obama administration. There's a reason that most reasonable folks have a healthy fear of precedent. The "nuclear option" box was opened, in order to ram through the largest entitlement in history, before Ted Kennedy's replacement was elected. They now fear the piper singing the very sing that they wrote eight years ago.

Feb 9, 2017, 2:02 PM

You might want to turn-off the Fox and/or Rush Limbo, and get some fresh air. Just saying...life's too short to have twisted and stretched "alternative facts" (i.e., lies) thrown at you every day.
DJT will have this country in a depression within 2 years -- and we will be hated by the world, for many reasons. We'll all hope for some fresh air, then.

Feb 9, 2017, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Fair question. ]

Google Biden Rule before talking out of your ###.

It was the dems who said that a Supreme Court Nominee should not be dont during an election year so that the PEOPLE could have a say so in that person.

Feb 10, 2017, 1:33 PM

Your "Alternative Facts" are entirely wrong.

Again, you need to turn-off the Fox and the Rush (and their twisted "Alternative Facts" -- i.e., lies) and do some real research on your own.

Plus, it would likely drop your blood pressure!
(A win-win!)

Family obligation?

Feb 9, 2017, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: So if one player from Clemson decides not to go to the ]

Strong dislike of the current president? We've seen it explained by others who have refused the invitations in the past.

Why is that so hard to imagine?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's definitely a political aspect involved whether you

Feb 9, 2017, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: So if one player from Clemson decides not to go to the ]

think there should be or not.

Re: There's definitely a political aspect involved whether you

Feb 9, 2017, 1:19 PM

People not being able to differentiate is the reason that civility in the national discourse has eroded, and we're left with fake news, uninformed violent protesters, trading national pride for apologizing, and a divided we stand mentality. As a firefighter, I've always treated the citizens of my district the same no matter who, where, and how much. I've also spoken to peers about this when they weren't doing the same.

Definately a liberal. Everything deserves a protest.***

Feb 9, 2017, 7:07 PM [ in reply to There's definitely a political aspect involved whether you ]

Feb 9, 2017, 1:03 PM

NO MATTER WHO IS PRES. YOU GOT TO BE A COMPLETE IDIOT TO TURN DOWN THAT INVITE. HOW MANY TIMES YOU GONNA GET TO GO SEE HISTORY.

Feb 9, 2017, 1:49 PM

You can always sign up for a WH visit. You may not meet the president, but you can still go to the WH.

is this a rhetorical question??...

Feb 9, 2017, 1:04 PM

take the players who WANT to go.

our society is so "PC" now.......if you don't want to go........DON'T GO!..............................if you DO want to go......GO!

very simple, no need to "drag" others to or away from an experience just b/c one/some/most do or don't want to do something............to each his own. Some also need to take it for what it is.

My opinion, I would like ALL team involved in winning national championship to participate in this recognition regardless of who the president is.........but don't force it either way.

Re: is this a rhetorical question??...

Feb 9, 2017, 1:07 PM

Clemson is unique though. Our mantra ia All In. Not Partly In.

don't think that applies "outside" of football/academic.....

Feb 9, 2017, 1:13 PM

OBLIGATIONS

-go to class
-make the grades
-practice hard
-play hard
-workout
-honor your commitment

but "extra curricular" activities ie church, visiting the WH after a national championship victory are probably not included/Forced in the "ALL IN" mantra

yes they should go

Feb 9, 2017, 1:11 PM

simple as that

Did I miss something and some player say he wouldn't go?***

Feb 9, 2017, 1:13 PM

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

No, just Tiger Woods trying to lure Forever & Queenie

Feb 9, 2017, 1:16 PM

out from under their rocks

Re: No, just Tiger Woods trying to lure Forever & Queenie

Feb 9, 2017, 1:16 PM

#winning

This place needed a pick me up.***

Feb 9, 2017, 1:26 PM [ in reply to No, just Tiger Woods trying to lure Forever & Queenie ]

Agreed. Been kind of quiet since NAT

Feb 9, 2017, 1:31 PM

-ional Championship game.

Wow....very clever...

Feb 9, 2017, 1:33 PM

thief!

null

How would I know that you posted this already...

Feb 9, 2017, 1:34 PM

if I never read your dribble.

He he's a good dribbler then

Feb 9, 2017, 1:36 PM

maybe brownlee should give him a shot?

Hey, somebody tell me what ^^^she^^ said...***

Feb 9, 2017, 1:38 PM [ in reply to How would I know that you posted this already... ]

null

Re: No, just Tiger Woods trying to lure Forever & Queenie

Feb 9, 2017, 1:56 PM [ in reply to No, just Tiger Woods trying to lure Forever & Queenie ]

i thought you guys hated putting politics and sports together?

If a kid doesn't wanna go. Leave him alone, politics are the least of their concerns to some players. Meeting Donnie doesn't mean anything to them, especially the ones who decide not to go..

I don't disagree with that at all. Let it be each kid's

Feb 9, 2017, 2:05 PM

decision whether or not to go.

And yes, I get on TigerNet to get away from politics and the problems of life. Yet some people love to drag politics into everything.

GWPcoot is here, so how can you..

Feb 9, 2017, 2:09 PM

get on Tnet to get away from the problems of life?

null

TigerNet is a nice oasis..

Feb 9, 2017, 2:11 PM

but definitely no Utopia.

Re: TigerNet is a nice oasis..

Feb 9, 2017, 2:24 PM

And far from the Great Society

Re: I don't disagree with that at all. Let it be each kid's

Feb 9, 2017, 2:26 PM [ in reply to I don't disagree with that at all. Let it be each kid's ]

I've allowed myself to get sucked in today, but I'm walking away now for exactly that reason my friend.

I'd go if Melania & Ivanka would be there ...***

Feb 9, 2017, 1:52 PM

We are looking for the WH to be "All In" too ... Right?***

Feb 9, 2017, 1:55 PM

great news..dabo will make a better decision than any of us!***

Feb 9, 2017, 2:11 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Tough to say

Feb 9, 2017, 2:48 PM

Was this an issue when Obama was in office for other schools? If so, how was it handled then?

The difficult thing, with as charged as culture is politically at this point in history, there will be no hiding or downplaying. If someone refuses (or declines) to go the there will be a media storm. If Dabo or the administration draws a hard line stance, there will be an even bigger media storm.

So many of these young men will have people they have trusted for years encouraging to use their platforms for a purpose. They will have mentors who will give them lots of direction. And they will have communities of people who look and sound a lot more like them than a stadium full of fans at a Clemson ball game or a cross section of Clemson students ever will that will be pressuring them. It's an awful lot.

I think if there is a contingent of players who are declining to participate in a White House trip, Dabo's in a no win situation. Clemson faithful should be ready for this... and show an awful lot of grace for these athletes and coaches in a tough cultural predicament.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point .... Thoughtful response.***

Feb 9, 2017, 3:13 PM

Thank you! Well said***

Feb 9, 2017, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Tough to say ]

"encouraging to use platforms" - the end of society...

Feb 9, 2017, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Tough to say ]

when politics becomes more important than truth,

when methods no longer are questioned,

when knee-jerk is more meaningful than introspection,

when individual thought and integrity falls to mob rule,

Society will be given over to the barbarians at the gate.

thank you, 1960's liberals - this is what you have wrought....

I told some friends after the election, Trump would not be

Feb 9, 2017, 4:38 PM

allowed to succeed.

Allowed.

By the media, by the liberals, by women, by people of other races - you name it.

Some of those friends voted for Hillary, some for Trump.

Me - didn't vote at all, and haven't since 2000.

Got two emails just last week from a couple of those guys -

starting to see the light....

I think his mental health is not allowing him to succeed.***

Feb 9, 2017, 4:58 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Left out mental health of the liberals.***

Feb 9, 2017, 7:18 PM

OK. Doesn't make Trump any less of a historic disaster.***

Feb 9, 2017, 9:56 PM

Re: I told some friends after the election, Trump would not be

Feb 9, 2017, 6:10 PM [ in reply to I told some friends after the election, Trump would not be ]

He won't allow himself to succeed. He's a buffoon who signs orders he doesn't read, gives power to people he doesn't mean to because he has no idea what he's doing in his position. And we as a people put him there by not doing research and not making an informed decision. It's a blame of the Democrats and the Republicans.

You can't objectively say he's done a good job since he began. The comedy will continue.

The whole team should go. If a player refuses they should

Feb 9, 2017, 4:55 PM

NOT be punished.

This thread should NOT exist.

interesting isn't it?

Feb 9, 2017, 5:02 PM

how those who would proclaim that ALL opinions and voices should be heard

aren't too worried about our team hearing Trump's voice?

yeah, diversity only swings one way, that's for sure...

The left has totalitarian elements/tendencies for sure.***

Feb 9, 2017, 5:07 PM

Re: The left has totalitarian elements/tendencies for sure.***

Feb 10, 2017, 8:41 AM

As a moderate, I have noticed that both sides have that particular tendency, and always see it only when the other side does it, but ignores it when their guys do it.

there are no such things as benevolent dictators

Feb 10, 2017, 10:15 AM

and as the song goes,

"Everybody wants to rule the world."

All or nothing - sounds like an old whiney english teacher

Feb 9, 2017, 5:06 PM

exactly whats WRONG with America

1 person has a snowflake day and ruins it everyone!!

total ####### ######## !!

you don't want to go -- stay home and go pick up trash in your neighborhood !!

If you want to go - Go -- if you don't - stay home! easy !!

null

If one does not want to go, they do not have to go. It's

Feb 9, 2017, 5:21 PM

their choice.

I, for one, would not give Obama nor either Clinton the time of day. I do not respect them and want nothing to do with them.

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

This is and will be a non issue. Media won't care, fans won't care, and players won't care.

Feb 9, 2017, 8:09 PM

I work with my colleagues everyday; we share a common goal. I don't care who decides to be present to receive the accolades. This is no different.

You are far better off having the people that want to be there go. Last thing any Clemson fan wants is a group of guys who don't want to be there. Lots are already preparing for the NFL and won't show up for it. Are they bad for not coming? Why would Wilkens be any different (for example)?

Who really gives a ####? Tell me one other time a college player didn't go to the WH and people cared... it happens.

null

Show some class. We're talking about a once in a lifetime

Feb 10, 2017, 12:04 AM

event with the President of the United States at the White House. If some dude doesn't attend, he will regret it in the future.

I think everyone should make their own choice.

Feb 10, 2017, 8:41 AM

I don't like Trump, but I would definitely go. It should be an individual choice though.

If you want to go..go if not ..don't

Feb 10, 2017, 8:53 AM

Problem solved.

According to the Urban Dictionary:

Feb 10, 2017, 9:44 AM

Libertard:

Mix of libertarian and ######, used to denote a libertarian who is idealistic and has unrealistic expectations for a hypothetical libertarian society.

I'm just sayin'.

Libtard?

Feb 10, 2017, 11:19 AM

The moment someone uses "libtard" on the right or "republic-nt" on the left, I feel that they have shown the level of their intelligence and anything they say will be worthless regurgitation of some commentator with an agenda, and I'm always right.

Just because you act like a libtard doesn't place me on the

Feb 10, 2017, 11:32 AM

right. It means you act like a libtard.

Yeah right!!!!!

Feb 10, 2017, 11:36 AM

All the liberals I know call themselves "libtards" and right wingers call themselves "republic-nts"! Moderates don't use either word because they are stupid, meaningless. insults. Got a bridge you want to sell me?

What did you say earlier?

Feb 10, 2017, 12:01 PM

"If it walks like a duck..?"

All I've done is point out you're walking like a duck. That doesn't place me on any side or in the middle.

Oh by the way..

Feb 10, 2017, 11:21 AM [ in reply to According to the Urban Dictionary: ]

I have never down-pointed a person in a political discussion and I don't plan to start now. I consider it tacky and a statement of inability to refute the other person in conversation.

That's so very grown of you.

Feb 10, 2017, 11:34 AM

And it reads exactly like something a libtard would say. Thanks so much for not down-pointing me. Whew, that was close!

Re: That's so very grown of you.

Feb 10, 2017, 11:47 AM

And you can't respond with facts so you downpoint, sounds kind of like somebody in Washington with his twitter, right wing duck.

I haven't downpointed anything. Are you 12?

Feb 10, 2017, 12:07 PM

Nowhere did the 9th circuit say Trump's ban was a muslim ban. Therefore, what you posted was either ignorance or sheer stupidity. Take your pick.

You're a fugging moron***

Feb 10, 2017, 11:54 AM [ in reply to That's so very grown of you. ]

Ah yes. Now those are strong debate skills right there.***

Feb 10, 2017, 12:03 PM

About as strong as the ones you've demonstrated in this

Feb 10, 2017, 12:51 PM

thread.

You mean other than

Feb 10, 2017, 4:41 PM

precisely telling that guy he wasn't stating facts and sounded like a misinformed liberal? That part, or something else?

A lot of you are missing the point which is

Feb 10, 2017, 9:42 AM

It's the office of the President of the United States rolling out the welcome to congratulate the team on a National Championship. It's not Trump or Obama or whoever giving the invite. It doesn't matter who the President is because it is the Office of the President, not the actual person who sits behind the desk. This is why, regardless of who is in office, the invite is given.

Do we have any reason to believe that anyone will skip?

Feb 10, 2017, 9:46 AM

I haven't heard anything like that...except this thread. I don't have a problem if they do, as it's their right, but I would find it disrespectful. Would have said the same if anyone skipped while Obama was prez.

To the hypothetical question: the team should still go IF one or more decide they want to sit it out. I doubt the graduates will go anyway since they are getting ready for combines and the draft.

Link..

Feb 10, 2017, 11:01 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21060670

I dont recall an invitation being issued

Feb 10, 2017, 11:00 AM

Did I miss this? If there is no invitation, nobody will go.

Not make it political and just go get it over with

Feb 10, 2017, 12:44 PM

It's an honor and a cool trip. Don't be dumb like these other idiots and have fun

Replies: 164
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic