Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stanford must not have gotten the memo .Oops
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,700

Stanford must not have gotten the memo .Oops

Apr 19, 2020, 1:48 PM

https://youtu.be/ZB7szRDytZY

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great information

Apr 19, 2020, 2:06 PM

Kinda shows how unprepared we are for a bad pandemic

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like quarantine should be stopped so to let millions get immune, OR

Apr 19, 2020, 2:59 PM

we’ll have a resurgence in Oct and need to quarantine & shut down commerce again!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like quarantine should be stopped so to let millions get immune, OR

Apr 19, 2020, 5:59 PM

we’ll have a resurgence in Oct and need to quarantine & shut down commerce again!!

The only reason we'll have to shut down again is because so many dumb people are paying no attention now!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like quarantine should be stopped so to let millions get immune, OR

Apr 19, 2020, 10:08 PM

Apparently you don't understand. This pandemic cannot be stopped. All you can do is lessen its virulence.

You would have to spend the next 18 months in Antarctica--alone--to totally avoid this thing.

Even then, some of your baggage or equipment may already be contaminated.

It will run its course like a wildfire until there is no new 'fuel' (i.e., bodies) for it to contaminate.

Social distancing is just as much about minimizing the effects of contact as it is about avoiding contact.

So don't blame people who are living life for being dumb.

there have been a few similar studies

Apr 19, 2020, 8:17 PM

in other countries and elsewhere in the us. You can't extrapolate the 3.3% to the rest of the country. For one, Santa Clara county was one of the first places hit, also they had a high rate to begin with. There are likely places much higher than 3.3% and much much lower than 3.3% just like with the confirmed cases. There are still 7 counties in NC with zero cases, they are probably far lower than 3.3%. Charlotte is a hot bed, they are likely higher than 3.3%

Also you can not compare with the flu, because the same thing happens with the flu. A lot of people get the flu, fight it off, and get better. Maybe they felt bad one evening and were better then next day.

In any case, this is really good news and similar studies were being reported within last couple of weeks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stanford usually has its own memos.***

Apr 19, 2020, 9:29 PM

Re: Stanford must not have gotten the memo .Oops

Apr 19, 2020, 10:56 PM

Steve Deace has a history of downplaying the virus and is a fervent Trump supporter. I wonder if a partisan youtube guy would put political spin a study?

Naaa, never happen.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01095-0

Apr 20, 2020, 12:16 AM

Why do you hate science?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 20, 2020, 1:14 AM

Why do you hate science?

You didn't read the article. "Nature" is THE most prestigious scientific magazine there is. I like science. But I like solid science.

Apr 20, 2020, 1:24 AM

Wrong, bro. I read that a couple of days ago.

I was referring to your questioning the YouTube messenger when presenting his take on the scientific data.
I thought you were being sarcastic about political spin, but I guess not.

Because that would be as bad as someone rejecting an opinion piece on, say, Global Warming, which promotes a solution involving higher taxes (on poisonous carbon(!) and more government control (because people are just too stupid or self-centered to make the hard choices necessary to save all of us)- just because the messenger is a rabid Leftist (so of course the solution to every problem is higher taxes and more government control).

But you weren’t doing that, which is cool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 20, 2020, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Stanford must not have gotten the memo .Oops ]

So the problem isn't with Science; it's with statistical analysis. In other words, math.

So the periodical Nature questions the accuracy (or should we say, relevance?) of Stanford's findings because the data may not be widespread enough.

That's gotta be a first.

I wonder if Ice Cream Nancy knows that math is being used to debunk science? She believes that both science and math are her constituents, because Stanford is in the neighboring district and Cal is across the bay. They are not allowed to contradict.

Apr 20, 2020, 10:45 AM

I have no idea why anyone would find a fault with this. I mean, you haven't thought some of this from the beginning ? I have and I'm sure others. You have to have known there were a lot more people with the virus than was being reported. People who didn't even know they had it. Either not a single symptom or very little. I think I was talking about that right from the beginning. I do not know what a good sample is. Not sure how 3330 people where picked for this or what the number needs to be to be an accurate sample, but the results are not surprising at ll, not one bit.

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,700
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic