Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Trump virus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

The Trump virus

Mar 30, 2020, 12:19 AM

Should we believe all this?

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-03-20/chinese-virus-trump-virus

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Trump virus

Mar 30, 2020, 12:21 AM

The neutral unbiased writers at The NY Times were waaaay ahead of you. In February.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/26/opinion/coronavirus-trump.html

Almost like they were rooting for the virus to kill millions of Americans so they could blame Trump.
Weird, huh?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 30, 2020, 8:13 AM

Not sure what these people are saying and maybe you're right, they secretly want Trump to fail. However, tbh, the US lost a valuable 4-6 weeks. We were reactive and now it's too late to be proactive and get ahead of the virus.

Undisputed facts are the US screwed up on testing from the get and lost valuable time. POTUS boasts about stopping travel to from china but it was too little, too late. That had some affect but when Congress holds hearing the truth will come out...

Just the facts from an independent source. Non political, that is if anyone really is interested in the real truth. I'd suggest to everyone to quit getting your source from fox or CNN or msnbc and do your own research.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beautifully stated***

Mar 30, 2020, 8:14 AM

Mar 30, 2020, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: The Trump virus ]

my research says that you are a great Monday morning QB. Congrats on you hindsight IQ.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2020, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: The Trump virus ]

Not sure what these people are saying and maybe you're right, they secretly want Trump to fail. However, tbh, the US lost a valuable 4-6 weeks. We were reactive and now it's too late to be proactive and get ahead of the virus.

Undisputed facts are the US screwed up on testing from the get and lost valuable time. POTUS boasts about stopping travel to from china but it was too little, too late. That had some affect but when Congress holds hearing the truth will come out...

Just the facts from an independent source. Non political, that is if anyone really is interested in the real truth. I'd suggest to everyone to quit getting your source from fox or CNN or msnbc and do your own research.

Two questions
What could have been done in 4-6 weeks? People wont social distance now with people dying so would they have done better given the virus was not seen as real at the time? DT was also criticized by the left at the time for stopping travel. How would they have reacted if he had tried to do more? Basically there was no popular/political will to get ahead from either side.

The CDC and other agencies left us less than prepared. I know Trump's budget cut some of these agencies but they were doing things with that money which had nothing to do with the health of US citizens. Even after the cuts someone in gov was paid to have the responsibility for preparation and they failed miserably. Not sure if it is reasonable to cast blame meaning individual failures or a system failure or simply we cant prepare for every situation which may or may not happen.

BTW I have zero faith that hearings in congress will generate any truth. Their (both sides) are more interested in generating sound bites to use in ads for raising money than they are in actually finding the truth so the system can be fixed. They want to cast blame on the other side so they can be reelected.

Mar 30, 2020, 9:21 AM

"The CDC and other agencies left us less than prepared. I know Trump's budget cut some of these agencies but they were doing things with that money which had nothing to do with the health of US citizens. Even after the cuts someone in gov was paid to have the responsibility for preparation and they failed miserably.

It is true that Trump has submitted budgets for CDC, etc. with cuts. HOWEVER, Congress rejected the President's budget proposals (nothing new there, Obama's budgets were regularly voted against like 96-0 in the Senate). So the CDC did not have its budget actually cut, despite Trumps budget proposals, and in fact CDC budgets increased and Trump signed those increases.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AT first....

Mar 30, 2020, 12:33 AM

null

Message was edited by: bowlhunter®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Trump will win re-election by largest margin since Reagan...

Mar 30, 2020, 1:31 AM

The wailing and gnashing of teeth will be glorious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt anyone wins 49 states ever again.

Mar 30, 2020, 3:00 AM

and if he gets 59% of the popular vote, it would be a huge surprise to most republicans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I doubt anyone wins 49 states ever again.

Mar 30, 2020, 8:24 AM

NOT MOST, SOME. THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE IN THE SWAMP THAT DO NOT WANT THEIR GRAVY TRAIN DRYING UP.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The swamp has taken over Virginia

Mar 30, 2020, 8:28 AM

A small area outside dc controls the entire state

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no***

Mar 30, 2020, 1:33 AM

Mar 30, 2020, 8:01 AM

Sorry, not going to pay for it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, with any article or report you frist have to look

Mar 30, 2020, 9:09 AM

at the source. If it comes form LA Times, NY Times, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC..well the list goes on,...you have to just put it realize it is pure propaganda. There is no hiding the agenda of these organizations.

The right has FOX News, One America and a bit of the Washington Times(when is the last time you saw a network use that paper as a source?). And while I say the right has FOX News, they seem to have more democrats on their programs than republicans.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I feel like I’ve read some good balanced stuff in the LA Times.

Mar 30, 2020, 9:32 AM

Maybe they are biased but that hasn’t been my impression.

And I didn’t read the article but yes, any opinion piece attempting to relabel the virus as the Trump Virus is pure partisan nonsense. The media is free to not take the bait in this “China Virus” thing...and indeed I don’t hear anyone in the general public using that term...but the relabeling effort is just politics.

null

Mar 30, 2020, 9:10 AM

Libtards will believe anything.

It's refreshing to see our liberal media being honest about who they take their marching orders from. President Xi and The People's Republic of China send their regards.

Useful idoits.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From a news outlet in a state that elected Nancy Pelosi...

Mar 30, 2020, 9:20 AM

again, and again, and again since 1987.

Oh the hypocrisy and the irony !!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic