Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The top 10 today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

The top 10 today

Oct 14, 2018, 12:10 AM

#1 Bama - Won easily against Mizzou. They were definitely the exception
#2 Georgia - Blown out at LSU
#3 Ohio State - Struggled for most of the game against Minnesota before pulling away in the 4th
#4 Clemson - Good week to have a bye apparently
#5 Notre Dame - Needed a late 4th quarter drive to get past Pitt at home
#6 West Virginia - Blown out at Iowa St
#7 Washington - Lost in OT at Oregon
#8 Penn State - Lost at home to Michigan St
#9 Texas - Needed a late stop deep in their own territory to hold off Baylor
#10 UCF - Had to rally from 16 down to beat Memphis by 1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When Clemson sleepwalks through a game...

Oct 14, 2018, 12:31 AM

against an unranked opponent, we drop in the polls. What happens when Ohio State and Notre Dame do it?

Absolutely nothing !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: When Clemson sleepwalks through a game...

Oct 14, 2018, 3:39 AM

Want to hear the truth, even if it hurts a little, and I risk being called a coot, but Ohio State and Notre Dame have a reputation and "clout" that Clemson doesn't. They also have had more exposure concerning big televised games going back long before Dabo made Clemson "relevant". And exposure is huge in a teams rising or falling in the polls.
Clemson's time is coming when they will get that same treatment from the media and the pollsters,
You saw it 2 years ago when Clemson beat Bama for the title, but a team can't rest on one championship season. That's why Bama can get in the CFP last year despite "not" winning the SEC.
Just my opinion and I have stated it here a couple of times already, but the team that scares me this year is Notre Dame because I feel they are the one team that could jump us in the rankings if they remain undefeated, even if we win the ACCCG. Ohio State doesn't worry me because they have a Conference Championship game, but Notre Dame has that "clout" that says 'we" play the type of a"partial" conference schedule and that "they"are better than "being made" to be affiliated with a "full-time conference" schedule.
Why do you think Swofford allowed them in the conference as a full-time basketball, and baseball member, but they determined that in football they would play only a partial schedule. Swofford wanted a team associated with power, reputation, and tradition. But he didn't have the power to make "them" join the conference as a "full" football member.
It's called "CLOUT", and if there is one team that has it it's Notre Dame.

Oct 14, 2018, 4:05 AM

ND loss in the BCS to Alabama was more embarrassing than our loss to Alabama last year.

And Brian Kelly is a stupid, arrogant a-hole of a coach. I'm not seeing the clout on a technical football level, but on a television market share level, sure ND would trump Clemson. Because Catholics, and alcohol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Actually, Leftie, I tend to agree, and that's due to what

Oct 14, 2018, 6:42 AM [ in reply to Re: When Clemson sleepwalks through a game... ]

I've seen, read and heard for over 50 years, since my freshman year.

I have never believed that there has been some national conspiracy against Clemson, but I also believe that we haven't yet obtained the clout of Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame and a few others. Continued success will change that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leftie...do yourself a favor

Oct 14, 2018, 6:55 AM [ in reply to Re: When Clemson sleepwalks through a game... ]

STHU! ND and tOSU have NO more reputation than Clemson. ND, in particular hasn't accomplished a bloody thing in thirty years. Not. One. Thing.

You'd have credibility if you could scramble up an original thought. Instead, you blow through here like a 'kissin' cousin' of SuperDawg...that flea-bitten mongrel who's hiding under his dog house licking his wounds. Why don't you join him...and whimper in unison with him.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Leftie...do yourself a favor

Oct 14, 2018, 7:25 AM

I actually did myself a favor.I got you to rant!
And Notre Dame has done more in 30 years than you can imagine. Try their own television network, which is why they aren't part of a conference so they don't have to share anything.
Sure they haven't won a National Championship recently, but if you think they have don't have any reputation or clout, I'll give you my flea-bitten mongrel and get myself a cat!
By the way, YOU chose to make it personal, I was just stating an opinion.

I hope there a a least 1 or 2 on the CFP that have the same

Oct 14, 2018, 7:13 AM [ in reply to Re: When Clemson sleepwalks through a game... ]

opinion of Notre Dame, that I do, which is, "Notre Dame thinks they are too good to be in a conference, so to #### with them!" Personally, one of my criteria for getting in the playoff would be, win your conference championship!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope there a a least 1 or 2 on the CFP that have the same

Oct 14, 2018, 7:27 AM

I agree with you, except that last year CFP Champion didn't win their conference championship.

They didn't even win their division and got an extra week off...***

Oct 14, 2018, 8:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: When Clemson sleepwalks through a game... ]

Notre Dame will not jump a undefeated Clemson. They will knock out a one loss sec team but not Clemson.

Re: The top 10 today

Oct 14, 2018, 12:42 AM

So will probably look something like this?

#1 Bama
#2 Ohio State
#3 Clemson
#4 Notre Dame
#5 Texas
#6 LSU
#7 Michigan
#8 Georgia
#9 Oklahoma
#10 Florida replaces UCF regardless of winning?

UCF at 10 probably still. Good enough comeback,

Oct 14, 2018, 12:54 AM

and KY.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's likely who UGa will be playing in the Peach Bowl***

Oct 14, 2018, 1:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Struggling with Vandy shouldn't vault you into the top ten.***

Oct 14, 2018, 1:05 AM [ in reply to Re: The top 10 today ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clearly you're not aware of Vandy's SEC speed.***

Oct 14, 2018, 1:20 AM

Seems like LSU should be above Texas, since TX barely

Oct 14, 2018, 7:08 AM [ in reply to Re: The top 10 today ]

beat Baylor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 7:17 AM [ in reply to Re: The top 10 today ]

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Notre Dame
5. Texas
6. Michigan
7. Florida
8. LSU
9. UCF
10. Oregon

Don't be surprised to see LSU jump into the top 5***

Oct 14, 2018, 1:25 AM

On the one hand they just blew out Georgia which is

Oct 14, 2018, 9:41 AM

obviously huge. On the other hand, all of their previous opponents stunk it up yesterday. Their big Auburn and Miami wins look pretty ho-hum right now and Florida nearly lost to Vandy.

LSU has been a top 10-15 team in things like S&P+ and FPI for awhile now. They were in that range when the human polls had them all the way up #5 and they were still in that range this week after the loss at Florida. Beating Georgia by 20 should push them up in both the human polls and the advanced metrics though. Top 5? Maybe, but probably not quite.

Re: On the one hand they just blew out Georgia which is

Oct 14, 2018, 10:41 AM

Win we are in just think I bet NC State fans think if they win out they are in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 12:21 PM

I think Oklahoma benefited the most from this weekend. It immediately scrubbed the memory of their loss to Texas, they got rid of their incompetent DC, and they may have the best chance to win out of the 1 loss teams right now, including a rematch with Texas.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic