Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The State paper is a freakin' joke...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

The State paper is a freakin' joke...

Jun 27, 2015, 10:04 PM

They got rid of their Clemson beat writer years ago. Now, occasionally, stuck in the middle of their 3 page sports section, there will be a positive tidbit about us. But, guess what made the front page and continued onto another page today? Three clemson players arrested and "starting to take a toll". You have to love the desperation of the rag that fired a columnist because the bully/baby slurrier didn't like what he wrote about him and his pathetic team. What a joke.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok, then why read?***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ok, then why read?***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:08 PM

It was lying on the couch of a friend of mine. I think it was the first state paper I have seen in 5 years

Hmm, something's not adding up.***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

ya think?

Jun 27, 2015, 10:16 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, hopefully you'll know better next time although it

Jun 27, 2015, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: ok, then why read?*** ]

seems you knew enough background of the paper to not let it upset you.

maybe next time you'll just say no?

Re: well, hopefully you'll know better next time although it

Jun 27, 2015, 10:17 PM

Not upset, I said it was hilarious. I was amused at their pathetic desperation

It was all fun and games until John F Bell started

Jun 27, 2015, 10:19 PM

Calling people old.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

still not adding up.***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:20 PM

no, you called it a freakin' joke... that's upset & you say

Jun 27, 2015, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: well, hopefully you'll know better next time although it ]

you haven't read it in 5 years yet, "Now, occasionally, stuck in the middle of their 3 page sports section, there will be a positive tidbit about us."

Re: no, you called it a freakin' joke... that's upset & you say

Jun 27, 2015, 10:21 PM

I check it out from time to time online. It's called the internet. Hi

yes, i knew you were full of ####, you didn't have to tell me.***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:23 PM

Re: yes, i knew you were full of ####, you didn't have to tell me.***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:30 PM

It's kind of funny, and absolutely ridiculous, how, depending on the name the person posting, their message is viewed differently. Just because I haven't been posting 10 years and you don't know me, doesn't mean I'm not worthy of accolades for my outstanding posts and uniquely discerning insight. Peace

it has nothing to do with your user name, it has everything

Jun 27, 2015, 10:46 PM

to do with your flawed narrative.

Re: it has nothing to do with your user name, it has everything

Jun 27, 2015, 10:48 PM

What was flawed? Please tell me. And, I would hardly call a sentence a narrative, but, whatever

you told more than one story; once you figure out what that

Jun 27, 2015, 10:52 PM

means/entails, then it may open other doors. all the information has been provided, the devil being the details.

Re: it has nothing to do with your user name, it has everything

Jun 27, 2015, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: it has nothing to do with your user name, it has everything ]

Narrative- a spoken or written account of connected events.

I'd say this qualifies.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1464100

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/narrative

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ much mo nicer than me.***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:54 PM

So, are y'all saying ALlintiger is a coot? It looks like

Jun 27, 2015, 10:32 PM [ in reply to yes, i knew you were full of ####, you didn't have to tell me.*** ]

y'all are saying he is a coot. I think he is a coot. IMHO of course.

Re: So, are y'all saying ALlintiger is a coot? It looks like

Jun 27, 2015, 10:36 PM

I'm a coot for making fun of a paper that exists solely to pump up a program that has reached the pinnacle of its existence and is now being thrust at light speed back to mediocrity and, hopefully, obscurity? Ok

Re: So, are y'all saying ALlintiger is a coot? It looks like

Jun 27, 2015, 10:36 PM [ in reply to So, are y'all saying ALlintiger is a coot? It looks like ]

I'm a coot for making fun of a paper that exists solely to pump up a program that has reached the pinnacle of its existence and is now being thrust at light speed back to mediocrity and, hopefully, obscurity? Ok

full coot.***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:55 PM [ in reply to So, are y'all saying ALlintiger is a coot? It looks like ]

Re: full coot.***

Jun 27, 2015, 11:02 PM

So, let's recap. Because I stated the obvious that 3 players were arrested as part of my post, then everything else I said must be discounted? That is some really impressive logic.

Jun 27, 2015, 11:05 PM

How about this? We are going to put a beatdown on the coots in Columbia this November so definitively, that by halftime Slurrier is going to try to figure out why he told everyone of his numbskulled followers to circle the date of that game. I am I still a coot?

yes...

Jun 27, 2015, 11:07 PM

coot.

Re: yes...

Jun 27, 2015, 11:11 PM

I was a freshman at clemson in 1988. Danny Ford was our coach. I was on the hill for the punt rooskie bs. I was in williams brick for the 45-0 beatdown. I was at the orange bowl while we beat down urban meyer. And, I will be in the valley every game this season when we make a push for the playoffs. Y'all can waste your time on this board making false accusations and exposing your mental shortcomings

Freshman in 88, but joined Tnet 5 months ago.

Jun 27, 2015, 11:21 PM

Your 3 most recent posts have been.

1. About the state paper and coot propaganda.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1464100

2. Something about Westbrook baptist church picketing if the SEC is left out of national championship game. (More underhanded coot propaganda)

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17408904

3. A post congratulating UVA for winning the natty in baseball (only coots ride conference coat-tails) and then you said that Monte Lee would get us there soon... Seems like an underhanded slight on the new coach.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17408868

Just saying, magic 8 ball says "all signs point to yes"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Freshman in 88, but joined Tnet 5 months ago.

Jun 28, 2015, 12:01 PM

nowhere in your rambling incoherent arguments did you say anything that could even be considered close to resembling a rational thought

Jun 27, 2015, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: full coot.*** ]

I am done posting. Y'all are idiots. I drop from 70 percent to 68 by trashing the state paper and the coots. And I'm all of the sudden a coot now. You really are stupid

now, now...

Jun 27, 2015, 11:08 PM

there's no crying on tnet.

Are you sure? I've seen a lot of crying (from coots) on Tigernet.***

Jun 27, 2015, 11:12 PM

haha, it's frowned upon.***

How long does it take for people to realize that...

Jun 28, 2015, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: full coot.*** ]

...lots of posters will call someone a coot just to get a response. Best to ignore them but you little story was full of holes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dood, spud has a nose for these things. you already failed

Jun 27, 2015, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: full coot.*** ]

on a number of posts above including JohnFBell having to provide you a dictionary.

you're all over the place, coot.

just trying to be helpful, since our normal googler (Bob) goes to bed so early.***

Jun 27, 2015, 11:09 PM

and you were, very helpful. bob wood be proud...

and i'll make sure to put in the good werd for you come monday.

;)

mispelled interweb...***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: no, you called it a freakin' joke... that's upset & you say ]

a newspaper, what's that?

Jun 27, 2015, 10:10 PM

You sound old, are you old? ??

Re: a newspaper, what's that?

Jun 27, 2015, 10:12 PM

I am 44 and ripped and kind of brilliant with a 29 year old super hot wife and a huge Tiger fan

just a joke man... You wouldn't happen to be from Gaffney?***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:14 PM

Re: just a joke man... You wouldn't happen to be from Gaffney?***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:16 PM

Mine was a joke, too. Unfortunately, Columbia

Jun 27, 2015, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: a newspaper, what's that? ]

> I am 44 and ripped and kind of brilliant with a 29
> year old super hot wife and a huge Tiger fan

Pics of wife?..... :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2015, 10:26 PM

Lol. Too old to know how to do that

^^^this, I wasn't gonna be the one to ask.***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: a newspaper, what's that? ]

Re: ^^^this, I wasn't gonna be the one to ask.***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:32 PM

Brilliant post. I can now see how you have been awarded your lofty 100 percent rating lmfao

thanks, it hasn't been easy, tough crowd around here. ??***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:36 PM

Re: thanks, it hasn't been easy, tough crowd around here. ??***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:40 PM

It's whatever. I would have awarded you no points. We are all now dumber for having read your posts. God have mercy on your soul

looks like someone is awarding you a few TDs...***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:42 PM

Re: looks like someone is awarding you a few TDs...***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:45 PM

I appreciate the astute observation. I don't require, nor do I desire, props for my posts. I merely expect to not be labeled a coot for pointing out what a joke their paper and there program is

Re: thanks, it hasn't been easy, tough crowd around here. ??***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:41 PM [ in reply to thanks, it hasn't been easy, tough crowd around here. ??*** ]

... Not if you're funny.

;)

Jun 28, 2015, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: a newspaper, what's that? ]

People who mentioned being ripped on the interwebs are probably happy about this here marriage equality

Don't think Battle was arrested just cited......

Jun 27, 2015, 10:13 PM

What's a paper?***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:19 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: What's a paper?***

Jun 27, 2015, 10:20 PM

It's what people in 4 seperate jurisdictions in our country legally use to roll marijuana cigarettes

Jun 28, 2015, 5:18 PM

I was sorta down with what you were saying about The State being a biased rag. That is until, in a later post you used the term "marijuana cigarettes". That is a game changer. The proper term is "joint", "fatty", "doob" or "arkansas polio stick".

I think this crowd, jonesing for football went into a subconscious feeding frenzy when you used that 1970's police report term (Officer Jones and I found 3 marijuana cigarettes in the glove box of the hearse the suspect had stolen).
In the future I supect you will be less of a target if you at least pretend to be cool.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2015, 5:23 PM

P.S. if you ever use the terms "Groovy", "Far out" or "that's hip" then I wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys piled into a school bus, came to your house and attempted to put both feet right in the middle of your ####.

That is all.

:)

I tend to think of TheState sports

Jun 27, 2015, 10:42 PM

section as an extension of that "GoGamecocks" feature----not the other way around.

I agree though, the chances of reading an article about the cumulative arrests, suspensions, bails, of a years worth of chicken miscreants are almost nil. TheState sacrificed what little integrity they had after the entire fiasco of Spurrier having the columnist fired...it was simultaneously lame and sad.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The State paper is a freakin' joke...

Jun 27, 2015, 10:47 PM

Every time you buy a piece of that 1800's A$$ wipe, you are helping them to publish another one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em, Coot!!!!!***

Jun 28, 2015, 7:35 AM

Well, it is owned by the University of SC, or at least I'm

Jun 28, 2015, 9:04 AM

assuming it is, based on what little I have seen of front pages over the years. So you have to expect the incessant pandering to gamecock fans given that fact.

Jun 28, 2015, 9:16 AM

Your name says one thing, but your pulse says it all. Why do you coots feel the need to masquerade as Clemson fans and then argue when you've been "made?" Just be who you are. This isn't FGF where you'll get deleted and blocked for an opposing view. Now just admit that you are a paying subscriber to The State paper. It's okay. Maybe we can help you. The truth will set you free. ;)

Jun 28, 2015, 10:36 AM

You bash the state for an opinion about the recent happening with the Clemson football team yet your own writer post the same thing today on Tnet

Time to start a new post bashing David Hood...

Go ahead, skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.***

Jun 28, 2015, 10:40 AM

Jun 28, 2015, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: The State paper is a freakin' joke... ]

Please copy and paste any part of my previous statement that "bashes" The State paper. Reading comprehension is not your forte is it? It's okay.

Any- whoooo, read it again and see if you can figure out exactly what I was bashing. Concentrate. You can do it.

Jun 28, 2015, 10:41 AM

LOL - allintiger1, I think DSP has a man-crush on you. He jumped on you like white-on-rice. You know they just passed a law for gheys to marry, so he's probably hot-to-trot now. I'm surprised that he's already over the hangover and still so active.

And ### do you think you have to prove to him that you are a TIGER fan? Geez dude - man up. Don't take no chit off of some of these azzclowns. Just ignore them. They are here for our comic relief - nothing more, nothing less. They know enough Insider info to make you think they are TIGER fans too, so it's confusing sometimes. But just look deeply enough and you'll see thru that chit. They have too many ###### in their armor. They are just so enamored with CLEMSON that they can't escape from t-net. And they pay Crump to be here, so he's lenient I guess. You know - $$$ talks and BS walks, so c'est la vie.

yes, i <3 idgits and now i have a thang for you.***

Jun 28, 2015, 10:43 AM

they live for clemson missteps.

Jun 28, 2015, 12:39 PM

they thrive on it, cuz they're just a bunch
of dumb@$$ chickens.

Re: they live for clemson missteps.

Jun 28, 2015, 6:25 PM

You are 100% correct...Everything coot related that I've ever came into contact with has a full blown OBSESSION with everything Clemson. It's been that way for as long as I've been a Clemson fan.

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic