Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You can see it coming
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,137

You can see it coming

Mar 11, 2021, 9:32 AM

In the George Floyd case. When the cop gets completely off or a slap on the wrist, what will Biden do with the resulting riots?

As we all should know, Floyd had a lethal dose of fentanyl in his system + meth. He was one messed up dude.

Put all the evidence out in a calm and controlled environment like a courtroom, and I suspect it is going to be hard to convict the cop on charge(s) prosecutors want.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6238727134001#sp=show-clips

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its not going to be pretty ... thats for sure***

Mar 11, 2021, 9:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOT a lawyer (lounge legals respond), but I think that when

Mar 11, 2021, 10:28 AM

multiple negligences contribute to a thing, the last one with a chance to do the right thing bears most or all the responsibility. A drunk person goes up a faulty ladder, which breaks. Drunk person shouldn't have done it, a sober person wouldn't have, but the last thing that happened was that the ladder broke, so the manufacturer is liable. Of course that is a civil, but still.

"Reasonable force" escalates with the resistance - and guys amped up on drugs present no good solutions - but this will be a difficult case. Is it worth the risk of high speed chases, for instance, or are we better off getting the license plate and living to fight another day? What BLM and the msm did with this case is in the list of top 10 worst things ever to happen to us, but that shouldn't cloud that issue, it seems to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the cop is innocent but should be

Mar 11, 2021, 10:30 AM

sacrificed for the common good

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The question is "did he murder him?" Murder is the charge

Mar 11, 2021, 10:34 AM [ in reply to NOT a lawyer (lounge legals respond), but I think that when ]

and the mob wants him found guilty. Anything short of that, I think, will cause significant riots.

And that's the question. If holding the knee to his neck didn't kill him, it's not murder (I think...not a legal guy either). So then you get into "what's the cop's responsibility once the guy is in his custody?" and what not. Manslaughter? Criminal neglect? Wrongful death (I guess that's the civil case)? I don't know, but as stated above...once it's a court of law and not the Media-Driven Court of Public Opinion, the truth should rule. And I can certainly see him being convicted of a lesser offense. I wonder then if the media will stoke the flames or try to contain them due to the new administration.

null

Right. But the original post - and that is all I was

Mar 11, 2021, 10:45 AM

responding to - seemed to suggest that the presence of drugs was a mitigating factor not just in the death but in guilt, and maybe it was. IE, if the policeman's actions likely would not have killed a sober person, but killed this one, who caused the death? But obviously those actions can kill a person. So, is that what we want? And how reasonable was the force in any case? Will be difficult.

The posts below this are asking some of those questions. No great answers.

Message was edited by: CUintulsa®

Cause of death was asphyxiation...

Mar 11, 2021, 12:00 PM [ in reply to The question is "did he murder him?" Murder is the charge ]

it was not fentanyl overdose.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still fail to see how having drugs in his system

Mar 11, 2021, 10:31 AM

caused the officer to cut off breathing and circulation by kneeling on his neck long enough for him to die AFTER HE WAS HANDCUFFED.

Should he have been arrested? Yep. No question.

Should that officer have knelt on his neck after having him subdued? Nope and that's why he's in court.

I like your funny words magic man

He was using a technique commonly used in Minn and is

Mar 11, 2021, 10:34 AM

actually in their training book.

(I don't think what happened to Floyd was right - but there are a lot reasons why the cop might walk.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read one article that said that people with Fentanyl in

Mar 11, 2021, 10:38 AM

their system have been known to go into cardiac arrest when cuffed in the back of a car, and that getting them calm before putting them in the car can minimize this risk. Wouldn't it be something if that was what the cop was trying to do?

But back to FBCoachSC's post, is that the cause of death? Cut off breathing and circulation as a result of a knee on the neck? I'm pretty sure he had a heart attack, right?

null

Coroner listed COD as asphyxiation***

Mar 11, 2021, 12:03 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ultimately nearly all deaths are from Cardiac arrest...***

Mar 11, 2021, 12:04 PM

Well there you go. I would think that's pretty damning for

Oct 1, 2023, 8:07 PM

the police officer.

null

Re: I still fail to see how having drugs in his system

Mar 11, 2021, 11:56 AM [ in reply to I still fail to see how having drugs in his system ]

After asking him for the 50th time to get in the car they should've just lit his ### up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

The cop would walk in most cases, but Minnesota law does

Mar 11, 2021, 10:36 AM

allow for contributing to someone's death being level with directly causing it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tucker Carlson has the most punchable face in America***

Mar 11, 2021, 10:48 AM

And it's really not even close***

Mar 11, 2021, 4:08 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Third degree murder only requires that

Mar 11, 2021, 12:03 PM

Chauvin caused Floyd's death in an act that is "eminently dangerous" to others. Second degree required that Chauvin cause his death while committing another felony (Third degree assault)

There is a reason there was a huge fight over putting that charge back into the case.

I am really not looking forward to social media

Mar 1, 2011, 6:43 PM

when the innocent decision comes through.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Is there such as thing as an "Innocent" decision?

Mar 11, 2021, 4:12 PM

guilt or not guilty. He's definitely not innocent

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,137
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic